PDA

View Full Version : Daniher resigns

goswannie14
27th June 2007, 05:00 PM
Melbourne coach Daniher resigns (http://www.afl.com.au/Default.aspx?tabid=208&newsId=46084) but will coach on to the end of the year. I would have thought it was better to go completely now.

AnnieH
27th June 2007, 05:13 PM
Melbourne coach Daniher resigns (http://www.afl.com.au/Default.aspx?tabid=208&newsId=46084) but will coach on to the end of the year. I would have thought it was better to go completely now.

that's sad.
at least he had the guts to resign now - not wait until he was booted out at the end of the year (lets face it, we ALL knew it was coming). this way, he can walk out with a bit of dignity intact.

reigning premier
27th June 2007, 05:39 PM
Well there's a surprise..... :rolleyes:

reigning premier
27th June 2007, 05:41 PM
Now we just have to wait for the Roos bashing brigade to launch their "Get Daniher" campaign.... :eek:

doctor swan
27th June 2007, 08:58 PM
and their president gardiner should follow

573v30
27th June 2007, 09:59 PM
I'm hardly surprised about his decision, looks like Chris Connolly might return to Melbourne after all...

goswannie14
27th June 2007, 11:41 PM
I'm hardly surprised about his decision, looks like Chris Connolly might return to Melbourne after all...Nah... it'll be Michael Voss, youmark my words.

RogueSwan
28th June 2007, 09:38 AM
Nah... it'll be Michael Voss, youmark my words.

Who has he done his apprenticeship with?

I would have thought Longmire was the name to be bandied about. Maybe Lyons form has dropped the value of Roos' coaching staff.

goswannie14
28th June 2007, 10:54 AM
Why does he need to do an "apprenticeship". His interview on Footy Confidentialthe other night was quite enlightening. He could easily step into a senior gig and be successful. Even "The Duck" was convinced by the end of the interview, and he was very sceptical before it started.

RogueSwan
28th June 2007, 11:32 AM
Why does he need to do an "apprenticeship". His interview on Footy Confidentialthe other night was quite enlightening. He could easily step into a senior gig and be successful. Even "The Duck" was convinced by the end of the interview, and he was very sceptical before it started.
All that shows is he would be good at the post match conference. ;)

Industrial Fan
28th June 2007, 01:02 PM
from real footy
Gardner said the club would not rule anyone out in the search for a replacement, regardless of whether they were currently at another AFL club or had no coaching experience.Voss could be on the cards based on that....

NMWBloods
28th June 2007, 01:08 PM
During On The Couch they suggested that Voss didn't want to do an apprenticeship, but step straight into a senior role.

AnnieH
28th June 2007, 01:12 PM
it would be a very, very, very brave club who will take on an unapprenticed coach.
then again, i suppose the dees have nothing much more to lose.

Wardy
28th June 2007, 01:20 PM
During On The Couch they suggested that Voss didn't want to do an apprenticeship, but step straight into a senior role.

has Voss had any coaching experience at all ? He's certainly got a high opinion of his coaching abilities if he thinks he can go into a top job without any prior experience.
Sure he was a terrific player, doens't mean he's going to make a terrific coach.

NMWBloods
28th June 2007, 01:53 PM
I can't recall if Leigh Matthews had any experience first. Maybe that's influencing Voss?

Wardy
28th June 2007, 02:01 PM
I can't recall if Leigh Matthews had any experience first. Maybe that's influencing Voss?

He went to Collingwood in 1986 as an assistant coach. He took over the main coaches job later that year.

Claret
28th June 2007, 03:58 PM

During Footy Classified later that night, Voss conceded that he would accept an Assistant's gig if offered. His point is that he thinks, rightly or wrongly, that he could also be a Senior coach without any AFL-level coaching experience.

has Voss had any coaching experience at all ?

He currently coaches the AIS squad. I guess that covers 'at all'.

Bloody Hell
28th June 2007, 09:23 PM
All that shows is he would be good at the post match conference. ;)
Is there anymore to being a coach these days???

reigning premier
29th June 2007, 05:23 PM
How long was Roos an assistant???

One and a half seasons????

AnnieH
29th June 2007, 05:29 PM
How long was Roos an assistant???

One and a half seasons????

doesn't matter how long ... he did an apprenticeship.