PDA

View Full Version : Hall could miss rest of Season

ScottH
28th June 2007, 07:15 AM
Source (http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/footy/common/story_page/0,8033,21980584%255E20322,00.html)

SYDNEY coach Paul Roos said yesterday Barry Hall could miss the rest of the season after the forward was ruled out of Saturday's pivotal clash against league leader Geelong.

Hall, 30, has been diagnosed with a mystery groin injury that is stopping him from breaking out of the worst form slump of his career.

Roos told the Swans co-captain on Tuesday he was not fit enough to play at a level that could help the team.

Oh poo.

swantastic
28th June 2007, 07:41 AM
Oh @@@@,but i'm optimistic we will still finish top 4.

ScottH
28th June 2007, 07:52 AM
Oh @@@@,but i'm optimistic we will still finish top 4.
So am I....... of the bottom 8.

ROK Lobster
28th June 2007, 08:20 AM
As I said elsewhere...

"The Capital City Curse strikes again. Tredrea, Hall... look out Pavlich in 2008!

Anyway, shows the dumbness of playing players when obviously injured. The more I think about it, the more our amazing run with injuries looks like just plain dumb luck. Hope he is back soon."

The great mystery about the groin injury is that it is in his knee, and has been since he did cruciate ligament damage one summer evening in the Riverina v the Pies...

Wardy
28th June 2007, 08:22 AM
Got to hope that his injury is treated properly and they dont make him play under done. This will give him time to have a good rest, and get his head together. Buckley is in the same boat - I'm not sure of when he is likely to return.

I have just read the article - it is a different tone to the one in the SMH - the Telegraphs Morrissey article is written in such a way that Roosy is blaming Barry for the entire teams woes ( and probably global warming) surely Roos should take some responsibility for the way the team is performing - he issues the instructions afterall.

doctor swan
28th June 2007, 09:05 AM
maybe not a bad thing, someone at 100% has to be better than a 80% fit barry hall thats if you blieve it is 80% id say it could be worse. besides that his form hasnt been flash and our midfield still are insistent on using him as a target. maybe now they kick it to nick and others and we ll be able to kick a score above 80 which for the swans is a winning score , who knows maybe we ll even crack the 100 pt barrier as more kicks find a target in the 50. a great chance for a vogels or grundy now and for us to stop being so one dimensional. i think we may win the 7 games we need for the 8 im actually optimistic now.

Bas
28th June 2007, 10:28 AM
Living in the Gay Capital of Oz, lets hope Bazza doesn't get too many offering "hands on healing".

Besides he really is playing with a broken heart and not a groin injury.

swantastic
28th June 2007, 10:29 AM
Got to hope that his injury is treated properly and they dont make him play under done. This will give him time to have a good rest, and get his head together. Buckley is in the same boat - I'm not sure of when he is likely to return.

I have just read the article - it is a different tone to the one in the SMH - the Telegraphs Morrissey article is written in such a way that Roosy is blaming Barry for the entire teams woes ( and probably global warming) surely Roos should take some responsibility for the way the team is performing - he issues the instructions afterall.He should a little,but if the players dont follow his instructions properly well its entirely their fault.I cant stand it when the media and supporters blame just the coach its just not right.

Wardy
28th June 2007, 10:40 AM
He should a little,but if the players dont follow his instructions properly well its entirely their fault.I cant stand it when the media and supporters blame just the coach its just not right.

well the coach is the one who comes up with the game plan - which at this point in time clearly isnt working - has the coach changed the game plan? No - the opposition are a wake up too it - so Roos & his assistants are just as much to blame as the players - it is supposed to be a team effort - that includes the coach!.

Wardy
28th June 2007, 10:42 AM
:D
Living in the Gay Capital of Oz, lets hope Bazza doesn't get too many offering "hands on healing".

Besides he really is playing with a broken heart and not a groin injury.

No he needs an older female influence to keep him in line - make sure that the injury is taken care of, someone like, oh I dont know, LIKE ME!!!!!;)

reigning premier
28th June 2007, 10:44 AM

Do you think you could help him Wardy?? I mean, as a committed fan, would you, if the club called and asked, dash over to Barry's place and assist with therapeutic massages to the groin area and try and help him get his head in the right place????

I'm sure he'd appreciate it. Did you want me to make a couple of calls and see if he's up for it??? :D

Wardy
28th June 2007, 10:47 AM
Do you think you could help him Wardy?? I mean, as a committed fan, would you, if the club called and asked, dash over to Barry's place and assist with therapeutic massages to the groin area and try and help him get his head in the right place????

I'm sure he'd appreciate it. Did you want me to make a couple of calls and see if he's up for it??? :D

You bet your balls I would!!!!;)

NMWBloods
28th June 2007, 10:51 AM
The more I think about it, the more our amazing run with injuries looks like just plain dumb luck.
Of course it has been, despite many people here saying it was all about good injury management.

Wardy
28th June 2007, 10:55 AM
Of course it has been, despite many people here saying it was all about good injury management.

Good point - we have been more lucky than the rest in recent years.

liz
28th June 2007, 11:00 AM

And yet on the other thread you've suggested it was a combination of both, as well as players playing with injuries.

I don't think anyone has ever suggested that luck's not been one element. But I'd be amazed if it were all just down to luck. There have been too few for too long.

swantastic
28th June 2007, 11:01 AM
Of course it has been, despite many people here saying it was all about good injury management.Of course it is a little luck but it has been good injury management too.If you have ever been into the weights/massage/treatment areas at the SCG you would know that the Swans realy go the whole hog on injury management.They grill each player after every game and the players have to fill out a injury sheet after every game stating all their muscle tightness and twingers and if some thing didnt feel right so IMO thats good management.

Yuri H
28th June 2007, 11:02 AM

Uh-oh; I'd better try to intercept that email to Swans management I just sent ...

AnnieH
28th June 2007, 11:47 AM
Of course it is a little luck but it has been good injury management too.If you have ever been into the weights/massage/treatment areas at the SCG you would know that the Swans realy go the whole hog on injury management.They grill each player after every game and the players have to fill out a injury sheet after every game stating all their muscle tightness and twingers and if some thing didnt feel right so IMO thats good management.

still raining in vic??

dr nathan gibbs is a miracle man - not as good as jesus, but a whole lot better than the tv evangelists.:D

swantastic
28th June 2007, 12:09 PM
still raining in vic??

Dr Nathan Gibbs is a miracle man - not as good as Jesus, but a whole lot better than the tv evangelists.:DNah just flecking cold and i couldn't be stuffed and yes he is Jesus in disguise.

NMWBloods
28th June 2007, 01:05 PM
And yet on the other thread you've suggested it was a combination of both, as well as players playing with injuries.

I don't think anyone has ever suggested that luck's not been one element. But I'd be amazed if it were all just down to luck. There have been too few for too long.On the other thread I suggested three reasons - one of them (luck) being the major one.

I'm not sure if what I wrote on the other thread was amazingly confusing or people are being a bit daft today or just wilfully difficult.

It is possible that something can happen as the result of (say) three reasons, but one of those reasons is the major one.

I think luck is the major reason - good injury management can't stop knee injuries, ankle injuries, shoulder dislocations, broken bones, broken arms, broken hands, broken faces, etc. Impact injuries are luck and we've been lucky.

swantastic
28th June 2007, 01:52 PM
On the other thread I suggested three reasons - one of them (luck) being the major one.

I'm not sure if what I wrote on the other thread was amazingly confusing or people are being a bit daft today or just wilfully difficult.

It is possible that something can happen as the result of (say) three reasons, but one of those reasons is the major one.

I think luck is the major reason - good injury management can't stop knee injuries, ankle injuries, shoulder dislocations, broken bones, broken arms, broken hands, broken faces, etc. Impact injuries are luck and we've been lucky.:confused: In one thread you say its all down to luck but in another you say its combination.:confused:

Legs Akimbo
28th June 2007, 02:29 PM
If you have ever been into the weights/massage/treatment areas at the SCG you would know that the Swans realy go the whole hog on injury management.They grill each player after every game and the players have to fill out a injury sheet after every game stating all their muscle tightness and twingers and if some thing didnt feel right so IMO thats good management.

Geez, that LRT must be one hell of a liar.

Ruda Wakening
28th June 2007, 02:47 PM
Of course it is a little luck but it has been good injury management too.If you have ever been into the weights/massage/treatment areas at the SCG you would know that the Swans realy go the whole hog on injury management.They grill each player after every game and the players have to fill out a injury sheet after every game stating all their muscle tightness and twingers and if some thing didnt feel right so IMO thats good management.

So does St Kilda.

Mr_Juicy
28th June 2007, 03:25 PM

I don't think anyone has ever suggested that luck's not been one element. But I'd be amazed if it were all just down to luck. There have been too few for too long.oh nice. why don't you just beg him to start trawling through old threads to prove you wrong. :)

Mr_Juicy
28th June 2007, 03:28 PM
Even other AFL teams have applauded our injury management team saying it is one of the best in the league. But of course there is luck involved with injury too. Someone doing a knee in a crunch tackle is just plain bad luck. Soft tissue injuries such as hamstrings, on the other hand, are a management issue.

Mr_Juicy
28th June 2007, 03:31 PM
So does St Kilda.But at least they get to go to the movies

swantastic
28th June 2007, 03:33 PM
So does St Kilda.Ah but the Saints dont have Jesus (Nathan Gibbs) on their side performing miracle's.

Triple B
28th June 2007, 03:40 PM
oh nice.

LOL...So I guess we....

why don't you just beg him

can look forward....

to start trawling through old threads

to one of these....

to prove you wrong. :)

types of posts in the next few minutes.

TheMase
28th June 2007, 07:22 PM
Well they need to work it out.

If he is out for the season, we can put him on the long term injury list and promote a likely rookie. Jack if they believe he is ready for senior footy, or one of the others (Rowe?).

ScottH
2nd July 2007, 08:35 AM
Hall may be back this week (or he may not).

Source (http://realfooty.com.au/news/news/encouraged-coach-wont-rush-halls-return/2007/07/01/1183228961369.html)

While losing Hall leaves a massive hole in their forward line, midfielder Nick Malceski agreed with Roos that it made the Swans less predictable.

"We still had a lot of options up there and I guess it was good for us knowing that Hally is coming back in this week," Malceski said.
Except in the first half.

Roos added there was a "slight chance" Tadhg Kennelly could be ready to return from injury this week as well.:eek:

Glenn
2nd July 2007, 09:50 AM
Dare I say it Sydney need Tadgh in the side more than they need Barry.
Sydney were actually forced to look for other options vs Geelong, and finally found them can't help but feel put Barry back in there and normal programming will be resumed. (ie Boot the ball in the general direction of Hall, despite him being double or trippled team and no crumbers to get the scraps.)