PDA

View Full Version : Where will we finish ?

RED RAG
28th June 2007, 05:45 PM
If we finish out of the top eight but near the the top of the bottom eight, it's a no-no situation. No good draft picks. Stuck with our ageing team. How about put as many as posible in from the 2's , see how they go. Maybe some will show they have it, or if not we drop down on the ladder and we can hopefully pick some draft picks for the future.:confused:

AnnieH
28th June 2007, 05:48 PM
i think they'll pull their fingers out for the second half of the season and then finish as finals fodder.

BeeEmmAre
28th June 2007, 05:52 PM
No red pen just yet.

doctor swan
28th June 2007, 06:17 PM
im thiinking 7/10 for remainder of season which will put us in 8

Zlatorog
28th June 2007, 11:12 PM
I reckon they'll finish 6th.

573v30
29th June 2007, 12:01 AM
Highest - 5th
Lowest - 7th

sWAns63
29th June 2007, 01:40 AM
I did that thing where you calculate the final games earlier in the season and it came out at 13th(I deleted it when I saw 13th) and all the picks have been right even last week against the wobbles I took cats this week then Sydney against the Dockers & Carlton then WCE
I hope I'm wrong!!

ScottH
29th June 2007, 07:10 AM
The new Richmond!

ROK Lobster
29th June 2007, 08:28 AM
4th - 12th. Who has any idea with this mob.

Damien
29th June 2007, 09:03 AM
Really hard to say. If we can string together a few wins and a few teams falter, well we could sneak into fourth again.

I am going to go with 6th, which gives us a home final in the first week and just hope we fall on the same side of the draw as Victorian clubs so our 2nd week final is in Melbourne.

Eala ?ireann
29th June 2007, 09:40 AM
With the footy we're playing at the minute we would ruin any finals series. If we can pull our finger out I would hope for a 6th place finish. Who knows...

Plugger46
29th June 2007, 11:32 AM
Still too hard to say. There's still time for us to turn around our form.

If we win 3 or 4 in a row (which we're more than capable of doing) things will change very quickly.

Nico
1st July 2007, 12:02 AM
Looks like we will finish up the proverbial creek without a paddle.

NMWBloods
1st July 2007, 12:14 AM
I don't think today's game makes a big difference to our chances for finals.

There are nine games to go and we have a decent chance of winning eight, assuming improvement in form to somewhere close to last year's.

With no improvement, we will perhaps win five or maybe six, putting us on the edge of finals.

Bas
1st July 2007, 01:47 AM
Should bottom out and get decent draft picks. Trade McVeigh and Matthews and we should get some good players.

Wazza
1st July 2007, 11:01 AM
my guess is Sydney could finish equal 8th with 4 - 5 other teams and whether we make the 8 will come down to %. I think we will win at least 6 more games?

The Saints look like they will turn it around in the 2nd half, with nearly every game at home or MCG apart from the trip to Sydney, so they could make up ground quickly.

I was trying to work out which team currently in the 8 could potentially fall away but there are so many games still to play - even if we win 6 more at least 3 of the teams currently above us will have to have really bad runs home.

The game against Fremantle next week will do one of 2 things - set us up for a good run into 7th or 8th or set Fremantle up for a run to 8th.(I dont think Freo will make it into the 8 unless they beat us)

:confused:

Cheers

Waz

Zlatorog
1st July 2007, 12:17 PM
Should bottom out and get decent draft picks. Trade McVeigh and Matthews and we should get some good players.

Gee, who's going to pick them up?:confused:

Hazcam
1st July 2007, 07:24 PM
my guess is Sydney could finish equal 8th with 4 - 5 other teams and whether we make the 8 will come down to %. I think we will win at least 6 more games?

The Saints look like they will turn it around in the 2nd half, with nearly every game at home or MCG apart from the trip to Sydney, so they could make up ground quickly.

I was trying to work out which team currently in the 8 could potentially fall away but there are so many games still to play - even if we win 6 more at least 3 of the teams currently above us will have to have really bad runs home.

The game against Fremantle next week will do one of 2 things - set us up for a good run into 7th or 8th or set Fremantle up for a run to 8th.(I dont think Freo will make it into the 8 unless they beat us)

:confused:

Cheers

Waz

yep
freo will be pumped after they polaxed carlton
this will see how good we are - looking at how we score against carlton who has the worst defence in the league.
freo took 173 points off the blues which is what we get in 2-3 games.

if we lose to freo then say goodbye to the season
i think we'll finish 7th at best
we wont beat west coast in perth
we wont beat the pies at mcg
our % will be the only thing that may help us come round 22

schwattasboots
1st July 2007, 09:04 PM
i thought the hertiage round is this weekend

Hazcam
1st July 2007, 09:07 PM
i think you need to look at the fct that since 2003 we have played in at least the 2nd week of the finals. you can't assume this will happen all the time. this year we went with the same philosphy of going with the older players (eg. getting spida) so we can milk out another premiership witht he list. If we had luck on our side we could well be going for 3 straight flags this year. thats a pretty amazing feat.

im tipping a bottim 8 finish next year and a close call as to whether we make the finals or not this year. i've watched a fair few matches/highlights this year (thanks to foxtel) and there are alot of teams fairing better/look more promising than us: hawthorn, adelaide, west coast, collingwood, essendon, st kilda, north melbourne.

we are in the 6-10th position as far as i see it.

to compare how we've faired vs other major teams since 2000:

'00 '01 '02 '03 '04 '05 '06

adelaide: 11th 8th p/f s/f 12th p/f p/f
brisbane: s/f PREM PREM PREM g/f 11th 13th
sydney:7th 7th 11th p/f s/f prem g/f
essendon: PREM g/f s/f s/f s/f 13th 15th
west coast: 13th 14th 8th 7th 7th g/f PREM
collingwood: 15th 9th g/f g/f 13th 15th 5th
port adelaide: 14th s/f p/f p/f PREM s/f 12th

(hopefully the table came out rigth if not my apologies)

basically out of the last 7 premiership sides and other consistent contenders, Sydney has made at least the 2nd week of the finals on 4/7 times.
adelaide: 4 times
brisbane: 5 times
essendon: 4 times
c'wood: 2 times
port power: 5 times

we've missed the finals only 1/7 times.
adelaide: 2x
brisbane: 2x
essendon: 2x
west coast: 2x
collingwood: 4x
port: 2x

So based on that Sydney has been one of the most consistent sides post millenium. Although we unfortunately couldn't do a brisbane (3 straight) or a port adelaide (minor premiers 3 straight) but we've been pretty solid. It's interesting if you look at the trends, after a lean year or 2, sies come tot he fore for a few seasons before tapering out. Every team except for adelaide and collingwood has built up to a flag. Maybe this could be their year? Or even Hawthorn?

Sydney will make up the finals numbers this year, sorry to say....

swansrule100
1st July 2007, 09:36 PM
we will win the flag!

no we wont i just wanted to say it