PDA

View Full Version : kennelly on the footy show

lovetheswannies
29th June 2007, 12:57 AM
i just heard that kennelly was on the footy show but being down in sydney, its not on this week... not even on delay! damn wimbledon...

so for those of you who watched it, was there anything worthwhile?

BeeEmmAre
29th June 2007, 01:12 AM
So much for Eddie doing anything worthwhile for Sydney viewers while he was here.
He's still got two days though......
Why can't The Footy Show be on Foxtel? They sprout Foxtel's programming that much.

liz
29th June 2007, 08:07 AM
Why can't The Footy Show be on Foxtel? They sprout Foxtel's programming that much.

Why would Foxtel clog up its channels with the absolute garbage that the Footy Show is nowadays?

Eala ?ireann
29th June 2007, 09:23 AM
Why would Foxtel clog up its channels with the absolute garbage that the Footy Show is nowadays?

Can't agree more. That show is painful.

NMWBloods
29th June 2007, 10:22 AM
was there anything worthwhile?Ummm... it's The Footy Show!! :confused: :rolleyes:

timthefish
29th June 2007, 10:41 AM
So much for Eddie doing anything worthwhile for Sydney viewers while he was here.

well, not having it on for a week or two is a good start....

royboy42
29th June 2007, 11:28 AM
Often on ninemsn.com.au you get a lot of the footy show excerpts on video...but don't see any there today!

reigning premier
29th June 2007, 12:31 PM
Bah.... It's not like they would have been talking about the footy or anything... It as after all the footy show...

Typical run sheet for the "Footy" show....

1. What a big week it's been in footy!!
2. Buckley about his hamstring
3. Replay Gary Lyon getting his leg broken
4. Discuss Shane Crawford's sexuality
5. Interview nuff nuffs in the street with an Iq of less than 20 (Just five fewer than the person conducting the interview)
6. Whip out Sams schlong (Or what passes for one)
7. Ask James Hird if he's got his missus another job doing crap commercials.
8. Some crap reference to Eddie.

Done....

They wouldn't have had anytime to actually talk footy or contribute anything positive.

573v30
29th June 2007, 02:19 PM
Kennelly was asked about how his recovery from injury is going, the emergence of new Irish talent like Martin Clarke and he can also juggle a Sherrin as if it were a soccer ball, unlike Aker. :p

NMWBloods
29th June 2007, 03:17 PM
Wow - shame I missed it!

smasher
29th June 2007, 06:32 PM
I saw Tadgh on the Footy Show.He was obviously very nervous at the start and was quite hard to understand.Once he setttled in it was apparant he had done his homework and was a good contributor.He did have something interesting to say about Irish Football and footballers.He spoke of the fact that AFL is becoming very alike to gaelic footy and said there is a pool of talented players over there who would jump at the chance to play AFL.His leg must be improving as he kicked the ball to himself ala Martin Clarke.
Well done to the Irishman.

irisheyes
30th June 2007, 09:05 PM
The Footy Show is something i look forward to each week on a thursday night, well early morning at 12-1am ish but argh just when the swannies seem to be appearing more often on the show, they dont show it here in sydney!!!!!!!!man it sucks...does anyone happen to have a copy of it or plan to post it online anywhere for public access? I would love to watch it :) - planning to check up on the boys this week at training too-see how they are interacting and how they are feeling-still have faith in them!!

The Boot
1st July 2007, 11:59 PM
The Footy Show is something i look forward to each week on a thursday night, well early morning at 12-1am ish but argh just when the swannies seem to be appearing more often on the show, they dont show it here in sydney!!!!!!!!man it sucks...does anyone happen to have a copy of it or plan to post it online anywhere for public access? I would love to watch it :)
Certainly TFS provides the only skerrick of football debate that we in sydney can get without cable. I'm astonished that 7 don't have any couch-like panel of experts given they are back telecasting. At the mo I have a DVD of Monday's "Football Confidential" express mailed to me by my brother - usually arriving wednesday . . so it's still reasonably current & topical (being 2 days old). We are working on crunching it down to a smaller format (prob Q/Time), posting it online - and I (and others presumably) can watch it as a low res streaming video off an ftp address we'll buy (yeah, it's going to cost a few dollars but WotTheHell .. )

ScottH
2nd July 2007, 07:20 AM
I'm astonished that 7 don't have any ..... panel of experts
I'm not.

Wardy
2nd July 2007, 12:32 PM
I saw Tadhg on the Footy Show.He was obviously very nervous at the start and was quite hard to understand. I find it hard to understand what he's saying most of the time - but then he aint bad to look at.;) I'm with RP re the footy show - its rubbish but then the people who are are on in aren't rocket scientists either. Its also the veiled advertising arm of the Collingwood Football club:D ;)

amy_20
2nd July 2007, 12:39 PM
planning to check up on the boys this week at training too-see how they are interacting and how they are feeling-still have faith in them!!

i actually rang the club today about training this week, there is a session tomorrow at 1pm, the lady on the phone was quite rude and I didn't get a chance to ask the questions i wanted to - anyone who has been before - what entrance would i use, where would we sit ect? any help would be much appreciated

Wardy
2nd July 2007, 12:53 PM
i actually rang the club today about training this week, there is a session tomorrow at 1pm, the lady on the phone was quite rude and I didn't get a chance to ask the questions i wanted to - anyone who has been before - what entrance would i use, where would we sit ect? any help would be much appreciated

Dont take what the receptionist said personally Amy. I reckon she would have taken number of cranky member calls this morning.

irisheyes
3rd July 2007, 10:36 PM
hey amy,
I was a weekly training goer last yr but due to work commitments i havent been this season but did go today and its still the same entrance near aussie stadium =)

j s
4th July 2007, 01:00 AM
does anyone happen to have a copy of it or plan to post it online anywhere for public access? I would love to watch it :) !
A torrent file is at http://isohunt.com/download/22034881/footy+show

Open that file in torrent program like uTorrent to download the actual AVI - all 699MB of it.

dread and might
4th July 2007, 11:12 AM
Once he setttled in it was apparant he had done his homework and was a good contributor.

Except for naming the wrong Ins and Outs for the WC game.

giant
4th July 2007, 12:56 PM
Watched this show as I was in Melbourne last week. I think it's the first time I've seen it. It was not at all what I was expecting - it was painstakingly dull! And poor old Tadhg looked completely gunshy.

At least he contributed something however garbled - Nathan Brown's only contribution appeared to be monosyllabic grunts on his tips. Terrible stuff. Sam Newman clearly has some issues - seems unhealthy to me that he's allowed on TV in that state.

irisheyes
4th July 2007, 07:15 PM
awwww how cute lol.he wasnt camera shy when i filmed him last year-he's the funniest guy to hang around-gotta love the irishman!

airpoe
4th July 2007, 08:02 PM
If you want anything footy just go to:

http://aussietorrents.com/vb/index.php

It has everything, Footy Classified, The AFL footy show, & All AFL games.

Zlatorog
4th July 2007, 08:05 PM
If you want anything footy just go to:

http://aussietorrents.com/vb/index.php

It has everything, Footy Classified, The AFL footy show, & All AFL games.

Thanks, that's very nice, but you need an invite to join. Can anybody send me an invite for this site?

airpoe
4th July 2007, 08:08 PM
Thanks, that's very nice, but you need an invite to join. Can anybody send me an invite for this site?
I sent you one at your yahoo email!

I have Another invite left post your email here of PM it to me!

top40
4th July 2007, 08:19 PM
i just heard that kennelly was on the footy show but being down in sydney, its not on this week... not even on delay! damn wimbledon...

so for those of you who watched it, was there anything worthwhile?

All this talk about the Melbourne Footy Show, (how bad is it, but how rare it is shown in Sydney), reminds me of a joke coming from an old Woody Allen movie:

"2 old ladies are at a restaurant. One says to other: 'Isn't the food terrible at this restaurant'. The other replies: 'I agree, and such small portions!' "

Zlatorog
4th July 2007, 08:23 PM
I sent you one at your yahoo email!

I have Another invite left post your email here of PM it to me!

Sorry, I haven't received it. :-(