PDA

View Full Version : Leo cleared of any charge for hit on Ling

liz
2nd July 2007, 07:07 PM
MRP determined it was not excessive force and that contact was to the chest.

http://www.afl.com.au/Season2007/News/NewsArticle/tabid/208/Default.aspx?newsId=46419

Interesting to see that Harley's been charged with colliding with the umpire, despite a Swan cannoning into him before he hit the umpire. Geelong must surely have a case for challenging this as something Harley couldn't control.

dimelb
2nd July 2007, 07:47 PM
Common sense prevails.

Nico
2nd July 2007, 08:12 PM
You should hear the whinging Pies supporters on SEN. They are saying it is worse than the Rocca charge. Fair dinkum Barry hit him fair on the side and if anything it looked a slight head clash. Tribunal said there was some contact to the chin.

Mind you that Aints supporter Francis Leach never plays anything down when it is something about one of our players. He fairly hates us after we belted them in 2005 PF.

Jeffers1984
2nd July 2007, 09:49 PM
Just proves how soft Ling is.

ScottH
3rd July 2007, 07:22 AM

http://www.afl.com.au/Season2007/News/NewsArticle/tabid/208/Default.aspx?newsId=46419

Interesting to see that Harley's been charged with colliding with the umpire, despite a Swan cannoning into him before he hit the umpire. Geelong must surely have a case for challenging this as something Harley couldn't control.

The Harley one is interesting. They spoke extensively about that at the time, as it was Jude who pushed him into the umpire. Hard done by Mr Harley.

sharp9
3rd July 2007, 07:31 AM
Can't understand this...Leo appeared to just clip Ling's chin with his shoulder. Last time I checked the chin was part of the head. Seemed to really, really hurt (!) so I would like to see how hard you have to shoulder someone in the chin for it to be deemed sufficient contact.

Also he went off the field for medical attention. What the???

ScottH
3rd July 2007, 07:55 AM
Can't understand this...Leo appeared to just clip Ling's chin with his shoulder. Last time I checked the chin was part of the head. Seemed to really, really hurt (!) so I would like to see how hard you have to shoulder someone in the chin for it to be deemed sufficient contact.

Also he went off the field for medical attention. What the???I think the chin might have been secondary contact, during the bump.

i'm-uninformed2
3rd July 2007, 09:44 AM
Ling is a red head - he deserves everything he got.

Layby
3rd July 2007, 09:47 AM
Agreed, no excuse for such a genetic mistake.

vanberlo=god
3rd July 2007, 10:51 AM

for all those who ignored me, and disagreed and argued with me since the game, you have all been proven wrong.

k thx.

good hit, shouldn't get any punishment, and didn't warrant a free kick.

gossipcom
3rd July 2007, 11:28 AM
Hell Leo should have been given a week. I say this out of respect for the way the guy plays. I reckon we'd play a whole lot better if he wasn't there one week :)

giant
3rd July 2007, 01:00 PM
Perhaps now they can explain why Kirk wasn't paid a kick while he was clearly being held by Ling or why Leo didn't get a kick for being tackled late & having his face shoved into the dirt by Mooney. Fair dinkum, 120 free kicks paid on Saturday but they can still manage to miss this sort of thing.

Pommie Swannie
3rd July 2007, 01:20 PM
Last night, on On The Couch, Robert Walls actually made a good point (eek!) that the Leo hit on Ling was 90% through the body, with only 10% head contact.

Contrast that with the Rocca hit, which was 100% head contact, and there is the difference between no charge and 2 weeks out.

Scared to admit that I found myself in total agreement with his assessment!!

Hazcam
3rd July 2007, 09:16 PM
if leo got suspended i'd hav cancelled my membership
it was a pure hit from the hip/shoulder and rocca's was 90% contact to the head on dempster.
we dont want afl to turn pansy, becoz thats where it's headin.