PDA

View Full Version : Terry Wallace

Layby
5th July 2007, 10:55 PM
How does he get under the media crticism radar ?

He has had a few years to turn the Tigers around, has done nothing.

He has recruited poorly (Tambling vs Franklin/Roughhead)

He has dumped serviceable players (Rodan)

He has kept players on his list at great expense only to dump them not even half way through the season (Gaspar)

He continues to blame Frawley for his own inadequacies

Plus, more importantly, his hair is a ridiculous orange/red and he wears shirts John Travolta would be proud of !

All of this without even a peep from the media ? why ?

swantastic
5th July 2007, 11:03 PM
He has bought in one good player,Nathan Foley if his contract is up at the end of the year the Swans should chase him.NF is the next Judd IMO.

573v30
5th July 2007, 11:08 PM
The Media and footy experts are idiots. Wallace should be sacked by seasons end but won't. It seems they want him to coach the team into the finals in 2011... :rolleyes:

Damien
6th July 2007, 08:39 AM
He was fairly smart to take a 5 year contract, because it put him in a very strong position, everyone knew Richmond were never going to pay out 4 or 5 years of his contract to get rid of him, so there has been no point speculating. A 5 year contact also indicated that there was a lot of work to do, so he has been left alone. He also has a lot of friends in the media who are happy to be on his bandwagon.

In saying that though, next year is the year where if there isn't a big improvement, I think he will be under immense pressure, I am not sure Richmond can justify four years of not making finals under Wallace.

FWIW, I like Wallace, but I think this coaching gig is likely to ruin his career.

hammo
6th July 2007, 10:09 AM
FWIW, I like Wallace, but I think this coaching gig is likely to ruin his career.
Coaching Richmond tends to do that to people...

reigning premier
6th July 2007, 10:43 AM
He has a PLAN..... :rolleyes:

The fact that the plan ius to drive Richmond to the bottom of the ladder and CARRY an aging and increasingly petulant Richardson to 250 games seems to be irrelevant...

goalkicker
6th July 2007, 08:23 PM
If only he coached the swan when he signed you wouldn't have won a flag still.The best thing the board listen to your members.