PDA

View Full Version : Gieschen must go

mikesmi
10th August 2003, 01:21 PM
Gieschen must go, i can't believe he can defend a decision like Carey's last goal, he is a joke of a director of Umpiring

SXP
10th August 2003, 01:34 PM
I agree. I talked to a lot of people around here and everybody believes that the umpiring this season was very ordinary in its inconsistency and mistakes that umps made. Definitely not a stellar season for Gisechen that's for sure.:mad:

Angelic Upstart
10th August 2003, 02:11 PM
I think his weekly column in the Herald-Sun, The Umpire is Always Right, is hilarious - the way he only looks at the decisions where the umpires might have got it right and ignores all the ones where they were obviously wrong. But I think it should be in the comic section, not the sports pages.

Mike_B
10th August 2003, 02:44 PM
I thought this week's Fyfe's week in footy on the Footy Show was great (Andrew Fyfe used to do the cartoons on Hey Hey Its Saturday). It showed the ball being kiced into the stand and Wayne Carey taking the mark then running back to kick the goal and the umpires giving it the all clear!

swansrock4eva
10th August 2003, 04:00 PM
yep I think that definitely summed it up. I also noticed how when they finally got to discussing our game Sam wanted to rant about that decision, and eddie basically rushed through it and wouldn't let sam have a word in. Could have been because it was towards the end of the show as well, but thought it was a bit sus seeing as it now looks as though it will have been a fairly important decision in the scheme of things.

Diego
10th August 2003, 08:24 PM
I find it disturbing that Mr Comb Over came out and defended the goal umpire.

I dont know who that fathead is kidding.