PDA

View Full Version : Reserves Scores

ugg
15th July 2007, 12:00 PM
Reserves Update: Swans 5.4(34) eastlake 1.0(6) barlow 2 shaw odwyer phillips. Cant spot vogels or buchanan

More... (http://twitter.com/uggugg/statuses/150308992)

ugg
15th July 2007, 01:01 PM
Reserves Update: Swans 25.8(158) eastlake 1.5(11) grundy 4 phillips simpkin odwyer barlow rowe. Will swans get 200 or eastlake goal first?

More... (http://twitter.com/uggugg/statuses/150387992)

ugg
15th July 2007, 01:01 PM
Reserves Update: Swans 16.5(101) eastlake 1.3(9) brennan 2 shaw laidlaw lrt simpkin moore currie thornton haines smith. Lrt rucking moore brennan good

More... (http://twitter.com/uggugg/statuses/150346022)

dendol
15th July 2007, 01:16 PM
how many of those eastlake behinds were rushed?

Foreign Legion
15th July 2007, 01:29 PM
According to SEN the final score was 31.12 to 2.9.

Real good hit-out for the young blokes again...:rolleyes:

ugg
15th July 2007, 02:30 PM
Reserves Update: Swans 31.12(198) eastlake 2.9(21) grundy 3 laidlaw lrt mill. Grundy good in 2nd half. Lol at blt chant

More... (http://twitter.com/uggugg/statuses/150416742)

Robbo
15th July 2007, 02:45 PM
What an absolute joke.

stellation
15th July 2007, 05:48 PM
I only saw the second half but...
White reminds me a lot of a young Goodes. His skills are very good for a guy of his size, he reads the play very well and is not shy of contact at all... and he is HUGE. No idea how he slipped so far in the draft (and attracted little interest the previous draft).
Grundy kicked 7, 3 in the final quarter. He looked pretty good out there.
LRT kicked a couple, he looked to be spending some time across half forward.

ugg
15th July 2007, 06:40 PM
Very disappointing for a top of the table clash to be such a one-side game. Swans were very good defensively, didn't give Eastlake any room to work with.

- Moore just dominated the middle, received good service from the ruckmen. His close-in skills are superb and is an elusive player close-in.
- Grundy had nothing to do in the 1st half playing in the backhalf/wing. Pushed to full forward in the 2nd half and took contested mark after contested mark.
- Brennan continues to impress me, has a good leap, strong hands and his kicking has improved.
- LRT started in defence, played in the ruck, and also moved up forward. Moves well, won his fair share of taps and I think he would have got a good run-out playing on ball. I think he should be ready to return but the question is who should come out for him?

No Vogels - he was probably the reserve emergency
No Buchanan - no idea why
No Doyle, Crouch, Faulks

Nico
15th July 2007, 08:24 PM
Buchanan is an interesting one. Dropped, but was his form that bad and didn't play today. Is there to it more than meets the eye?

gossipcom
15th July 2007, 08:52 PM
I'm wondering if they decided to rest Buchanan to get ready to travel early to Subiaco for the Weagles match next week?

is2SWaNz
15th July 2007, 09:00 PM
Someone on BF saw him today and asked why he didn't play.

Apparentley, Buchanan pulled up sore in the morning.

Bloody Hell
15th July 2007, 09:01 PM
I'm wondering if they decided to rest Buchanan to get ready to travel early to Subiaco for the Weagles match next week?
I read in the last report that he seemed "disappointed" to be playing reserves. Maybe he said something he shouldn't have to the wrong person...so they gave him a weeks rest.

Where do you play if you're dropped from the magoos???:eek: :eek: :eek:

liz
15th July 2007, 09:15 PM
Very disappointing for a top of the table clash to be such a one-side game. Swans were very good defensively, didn't give Eastlake any room to work with.

- Moore just dominated the middle, received good service from the ruckmen. His close-in skills are superb and is an elusive player close-in.
- Grundy had nothing to do in the 1st half playing in the backhalf/wing. Pushed to full forward in the 2nd half and took contested mark after contested mark.
- Brennan continues to impress me, has a good leap, strong hands and his kicking has improved.
- LRT started in defence, played in the ruck, and also moved up forward. Moves well, won his fair share of taps and I think he would have got a good run-out playing on ball. I think he should be ready to return but the question is who should come out for him?

No Vogels - he was probably the reserve emergency
No Buchanan - no idea why
No Doyle, Crouch, Faulks

No DOK either.

Grundy's second half was hard to assess in that he didn't really work overly hard but his marking was superb. He just stood almost still, watched the ball and his hands were like vices.

Brennan's marking was almost as impressive as Grundy's.

Phillips had just a so-so game from what I saw (the second quarter had already started when I arrived) but inch for inch he probably has claims to being one of the best marks at the club. He just watches the ball with no regard to his lack of height, and holds onto them more often than not.

And this was the first game I've seen this season where I've been really impressed by Moore. There seemed to be an urgency and focus about his game today which often seems missing. As Ugg said, his centre-bounce work was very good and the way he launched the ball forward with accuracy and penetration was impressive too.

Laidlaw and Thornton were both a bit quiet, I thought and all the rest did some good stuff but no-one really dominated.

Triple B
15th July 2007, 09:26 PM
It will be interesting to see what ORB comes up with, but Barlow was just about our best today IMO. Sensational 1st half and fortunately, with Vogels out you couldn't mix them up.

Moore great in close, Grundy and Brennan marked everything that went near them. Grundy played almost all, if not all, of the first half in the backline. 7 goals in a half of being forward was a good return.

I have no idea what they've fed Smokey in the past month, but his output has increased 10-fold.

Jack his usual solid game and some of his Malceski like bullet passes found forwards on the chest on more than a few occasions.

LRT getting some miles in the legs and I'd imagine is ready to go if selected in the seniors.

Liz, I thought Thornton was actually one of our best, but agree that Laidlaw was down on his normal output.

liz
15th July 2007, 09:31 PM
Liz, I thought Thornton was actually one of our best, but agree that Laidlaw was down on his normal output.

Fair enough. I find it harder to make assessments in the reserves games than senior ones. He was certainly livelier than Laidlaw.

Forgot about Barlow. Even though I missed much of the first half, there was plenty to like about him in the second half too.

Agree Davis was more prominent than normal, but he still messes up the easy stuff far too often.

It's going to be very interesting at year's end, with Rowe, Barlow, Jack and now Brennan all staking claims on a third year on the list (whether rookie or senior) next year.

swans song
15th July 2007, 09:54 PM
I thought Brennan played well and also Brabazon had a very good game especially the 1st qrt

Bleed Red Blood
15th July 2007, 09:55 PM
Someone on BF saw him today and asked why he didn't play.

Apparentley, Buchanan pulled up sore in the morning.

Bet on if this BF poster is a dedicated groupie..? Anyone? :p

ugg
15th July 2007, 10:03 PM
I thought Brennan played well and also Brabazon had a very good game especially the 1st qrt
Admittedly I came in about 10 minutes in the 1st quarter but I thought Brabazon was quite anonymous today.

Triple B
15th July 2007, 10:11 PM
Admittedly I came in about 10 minutes in the 1st quarter but I thought Brabazon was quite anonymous today.

I'd agree with that assessment.

liz
15th July 2007, 10:24 PM

I'd agree with that assessment.

Me too

Old Royboy
15th July 2007, 10:30 PM
Me three

ItsAllGoodes
16th July 2007, 01:15 PM
http://sydneyswans.com.au/Season2007/Reserves/tabid/9298/Default.aspx

Laidlaw in the best players looks to be inconsistent with comments I have seen here (although he did kick 3)

Swans Reserves: 5.4, 16.5, 25.8, 31.12 (198)
Eastlake Demons: 1.0, 1.3, 1.5, 2.9 (21)
Best: Barlow; Laidlaw; Jack; Moore; Thornton; Grundy
Goals: Grundy 7, Barlow 3, Laidlaw 3, Simpkin 3, Brennan 2, Roberts-Thompson 2, Shaw 2, Phillips 2, O?Dwyer, Moore, Currie, Smith, Rowe, Mills, Haines

reigning premier
16th July 2007, 01:39 PM
What a joke. How can you pick anyone as a potential elite level player in that comp???

Clearly it's equivalent to a country league... Thirds....

Sooner they get them into the VFL or something, the better.

Jeffers1984
16th July 2007, 02:57 PM
Cheese Barlow is really impressing me atm. Precise disposal skills and can definately find it.

Still not sold on Brennan. Fantastic mark, but if he were to play in the seniors, he should fake an injury so someone else can take the shot at goal.

ugg
16th July 2007, 03:09 PM
Cheese Barlow is really impressing me atm. Precise disposal skills and can definately find it.

Still not sold on Brennan. Fantastic mark, but if he were to play in the seniors, he should fake an injury so someone else can take the shot at goal.
What's wrong with his kick? :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_eL_BXcUZQU

Legs Akimbo
16th July 2007, 08:31 PM
What's wrong with his kick? :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_eL_BXcUZQU

Mein Gott. That is the worst approach to goal I have ever seen. Walking or running (not bounding) straight at the target is pretty fundamental to kicking the ball straight. Also seems to lean back on the kick, which is a guaranteed way to spray it. However, all of this seems relatively easily fixable!

ugg
16th July 2007, 09:22 PM
Mein Gott. That is the worst approach to goal I have ever seen. Walking or running (not bounding) straight at the target is pretty fundamental to kicking the ball straight. Also seems to lean back on the kick, which is a guaranteed way to spray it. However, all of this seems relatively easily fixable!
And that was one of his better ones! Compare it to Simpkin.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wmKfC5DBhpk&mode=user&search=