PDA

View Full Version : Rd 16 Vs Illegals - Winner & Margin

reigning premier
16th July 2007, 12:36 PM
Hmmmmm... The thought of beating those bastards on their own ground has me salivating like you wouldn't believe..... But have we regained the momentum required to complete such a task??? Only time will tell.....

Will they play a clearly injured Judd???

Will "Bad boy Benny" be "racking" them up in his return game?

Will BBBBH come out of his shell and tear Glass a new one?

All will be revealed come Saturday evening.....

goswannie14
16th July 2007, 12:38 PM
What happened to the poll?

Last time I thought we would win by 82 points but we lost by 1.:eek:

This time I'm picking us in a close one....by 25 points.

is2SWaNz
16th July 2007, 12:47 PM
it might be a draw...or it could just got either way.

Zlatorog
16th July 2007, 01:02 PM
Our slow starts are still a worry.

Jewels
16th July 2007, 01:41 PM
I reckon WC will come out with all guns blazing and beat us by about 20. They have a point to prove and what better way to prove it then a convincing win over their arch rivals. Our start yesterday worried me as, to me at least, we looked like we had won that game before it began and I know, to our credit we finally started playing and it all ended up well and good, but start like that next Saturday and it's goodbye top 8 (for another week at least). I had hoped our dreadful first quarters were done for the year, but no, not to be. Tiger looking like he won't play doesn't help our cause either. His omission worries me more than Halls.

annew
16th July 2007, 01:42 PM
Our slow starts are still a worry.

So is the fact we have only won one night game this year and that was against Melbourne.

iigrover
16th July 2007, 01:45 PM
Swans by 2 points as a result of a free kick to Barry Hall for holding the man, immediately prior to the final siren.

Danzar
16th July 2007, 01:52 PM
Regardless of injuries or omissions this will be tight yet again. How each team looks on paper will not matter - both will lift as they have for the past 2-3 years.

The poll options should have shown range of:
>2 but <4

> draw but <2, either side.

I went with a draw because it's a close to 2 as you can get.

Swans by 2.

annew
16th July 2007, 02:03 PM
Gee I would love to beat West Coast and knock them around even further and delegate them to the bottom of the 8. Please please Swans turn up from the outset this week and beat West Coast at home - I will take a 1 point win but gee a thrashing ala Port Adelaide style would be sweet revenge.

Danzar
16th July 2007, 02:08 PM
When it comes to Wet Toast, I'd take a 1-2 point win over a thrashing any day. I just love how this legend continues to defy predictions, growing in the telling with every game.

If this keeps up right through to another Grand Final you can bet your bottom dollar that years from now, when you're watching some doco on pivotal moments in AFL history you will be thinking "I was there".

annew - you picked the Eagles to win by >24.5 - what's going on there?

annew
16th July 2007, 02:22 PM
When it comes to Wet Toast, I'd take a 1-2 point win over a thrashing any day. I just love how this legend continues to defy predictions, growing in the telling with every game.

If this keeps up right through to another Grand Final you can bet your bottom dollar that years from now, when you're watching some doco on pivotal moments in AFL history you will be thinking "I was there".

annew - you picked the Eagles to win by >24.5 - what's going on there?
Using reverse physchology - pick the Swans to lose and hope it means they will win.

Xie Shan
16th July 2007, 02:39 PM
For those of you that believe in omens, while I was reading the paper this morning I flicked over to the TV guide. The movie Channel 7 has scheduled for Saturday night at the same time as our game is "Along Came A Spider". Therefore, Spida will win the game for us with a goal in the dying seconds. :D

Robbo
16th July 2007, 02:51 PM
If we turn up then we should win.

And we should be majorly fired up going into this one. They friggin beat us by a point in last year's GF and knocked us off by a point AGAIN in round 1. We should be the ones who come out all guns blazing.

Thunder Shaker
16th July 2007, 04:03 PM
I'll take any win against the Weagles. The streak of close matches has to come to an end sometime and I hope it comes to an end in our favour.

Eagles are a good chance to win at home, but they were also a good chance to win at home against the Saints and Lions and lost both games. Let's make it three home losses in a row to the Eagles, and their seventh loss in 10 games.

Swans by 20.

annew
16th July 2007, 04:31 PM
For those of you that believe in omens, while I was reading the paper this morning I flicked over to the TV guide. The movie Channel 7 has scheduled for Saturday night at the same time as our game is "Along Came A Spider". Therefore, Spida will win the game for us with a goal in the dying seconds. :D

Ha ha very good. Also last year we beat Carlton R22, then went on and beat West Coast at in first week of finals at Subiaco.

Danzar
16th July 2007, 04:38 PM
Nice! That's a doozie (doozer?)

NMWBloods
16th July 2007, 05:10 PM
Lucky we're not playing Freo... :p

Carolyn
16th July 2007, 05:50 PM
Swans by 8.

swantastic
16th July 2007, 06:25 PM
Swans by 18

wheels27
16th July 2007, 06:31 PM
Swans by 9

573v30
16th July 2007, 10:03 PM
Free kicks for:
Wet Toast - 50
Sydney - 8

Result:
Sydney by 1 point.

nat
16th July 2007, 10:40 PM
Swans by 5.

BBBBH
17th July 2007, 07:02 PM
eagles by 1+

with cousins and kerr back i cant see it happening this week.

satchmopugdog
17th July 2007, 07:17 PM
eagles by 1+

with cousins and kerr back i cant see it happening this week.

I conkerr.

Hazcam
19th July 2007, 02:11 AM
I would love to see us break the close game streak by belting them but to be honest it's probably going to be them that breaks it. As much as I hate those @@@@ snorting bogans they are a quality team and with the list they've got they've too much class to lose at home with their backs to the wall. However if they do lose (please God let them lose) then their season is going to absolutely spiral. Add to that an injury to Judd and it's bye bye

Hey I love the names we give these guys:

Wet Toast
Illegals
West Coke Eagles

add tot he list if you wish!

Jewels
19th July 2007, 01:04 PM
I would love to see us break the close game streak by belting them but to be honest it's probably going to be them that breaks it. As much as I hate those @@@@ snorting bogans they are a quality team and with the list they've got they've too much class to lose at home with their backs to the wall. However if they do lose (please God let them lose) then their season is going to absolutely spiral. Add to that an injury to Judd and it's bye bye

Wet Toast
Illegals
West Coke Eagles

My personal favourite - The Wee Girls :)

cruiser
19th July 2007, 01:26 PM

Wet Toast
Illegals
West Coke Eagles

The Mullet Coast Evils.

AnnieH
19th July 2007, 01:33 PM
ah the budgie criminals.
i'd like to see last weeks form repeated (on both sides) and see us smash them good and proper.

Thunder Shaker
19th July 2007, 04:48 PM
I look at the current ladder and am reminded of one thing.

Sharks attack from below.

From eighth place we can see the soft, white underbelly of the Eagles.

TheMase
19th July 2007, 09:44 PM
If we get our arses into gear from the start (and I believe we will) then we will win.

The Eagles will be fired up, but even if Judd plays he won't be fit. He will be a liability at best.
Cousins whilst he might be 'training the house down' will also be a liability. I don't care if he has been training well, there is NO WAY he is match fit, having not played a game in how long??

I hope they both play, means they are down to 20 fit blokes.

Sydney also have a point to prove. We have only beaten Fremantle and Carlton. If we win, it will be a message of 'we are back' for Sydney.

Sydney by 10.

PerthSwannie
19th July 2007, 10:45 PM
After seeing the boys at training tonight I`ve got great confidence in them to do what us and the 14 other teams in the AFL want. That is to smash those Budgies. Even though the conditions will be wet and low scoring, I think Swannies by 5 goals.

Zlatorog
20th July 2007, 12:12 PM
Everybody wanted that for Round 1 and you saw what happened.
No, I'm not confident at all that the Swans will win this one :frown, but as they say, let's wait and see what will unfold tomorrow night.

satchmopugdog
20th July 2007, 01:14 PM
After seeing the boys at training tonight I`ve got great confidence in them to do what us and the 14 other teams in the AFL want. That is to smash those Budgies. Even though the conditions will be wet and low scoring, I think Swannies by 5 goals.

Do they train in the rain with their shirts off?