PDA

View Full Version : Our new CHB

giant
8th August 2007, 10:50 PM
In the next 4 weeks, we play four young (or youngish) mobile CHFs, all in great form & with huge donks - Riewoldt, Brown, Cloke & Buddy.

As much as I love B2, he was certainly carved up by Roo (with some help from the umps), Brown kicked 3 goals in Q1 before he bounced back, can't remember what happened in the Pies game but I'm assuming it wasn't pretty & was on Buddy at some stage when he kicked 6.

Maybe it would be worth being a bit creative. How about Goodesy to CHB? Now I know he doesn't have a defensive bone in his body but hear me out - if those guys try to play their normal run hard, run often game there are few better big men in the game to run with them than Adam - and indeed he has the capacity to run off them & cause some real damage the other way. If they choose to stay close to the goal square & beat him man on man, we either double team or switch with B2 - or keep Goodes on them and believe we've had a victory by keeping their most mobile forward playing out of the goal square.

Whaddyareckon?

Layby
8th August 2007, 10:51 PM
Lrt

shaun..
8th August 2007, 11:25 PM
Well Goodes was roaming across half back for some of the game against Melbourne, to help out the back 6, especially Grundy. And I think that's what some of his role should be. If he were permanent CHB it would almost be a win for the opposition, his influence on the game would be limited. FWIW, if Bolton can barely contain their best forward, I doubt Goodes can.

ScottH
9th August 2007, 07:22 AM
If LRT comes back, then he'd be the obvious first choice. Bolton will play on them if not.

Goodes is not a good defender, plays too loose. He'd be much better as a loose man in defence.

reigning premier
9th August 2007, 10:41 AM
Get rid of Reg from the backline for a start..... He's really just giving the fwds a free ride.

LRT is the obvious choice but question is, Is an un-match fit LRT better than a match fit Reg in the back line???

stellation
9th August 2007, 10:53 AM
I really thought this was going to be a Jesse White thread :(

Nico
9th August 2007, 05:48 PM
In the next 4 weeks, we play four young (or youngish) mobile CHFs, all in great form & with huge donks - Riewoldt, Brown, Cloke & Buddy.

As much as I love B2, he was certainly carved up by Roo (with some help from the umps), Brown kicked 3 goals in Q1 before he bounced back, can't remember what happened in the Pies game but I'm assuming it wasn't pretty & was on Buddy at some stage when he kicked 6.

Maybe it would be worth being a bit creative. How about Goodesy to CHB? Now I know he doesn't have a defensive bone in his body but hear me out - if those guys try to play their normal run hard, run often game there are few better big men in the game to run with them than Adam - and indeed he has the capacity to run off them & cause some real damage the other way. If they choose to stay close to the goal square & beat him man on man, we either double team or switch with B2 - or keep Goodes on them and believe we've had a victory by keeping their most mobile forward playing out of the goal square.

Whaddyareckon?

Do you have inside information? Surely you mean huge motors.

giant
9th August 2007, 06:50 PM
Do you have inside information? Surely you mean huge motors.

I meant what I said - this is still a man's game you know.

bigswan
10th August 2007, 05:47 PM
Lrt

dread and might
11th August 2007, 01:13 PM
I think Goodes at CHB is a great idea.

Oh wait, there was a whole season with him there and he was terrible.

giant
11th August 2007, 02:35 PM
I think Goodes at CHB is a great idea.

Oh wait, there was a whole season with him there and he was terrible.

:rolleyes: Bloody cynic.

I'm not suggesting this is a long term solution - just a response to an unusual set of circumstances - 4 tall highly mobile CHFs that are key to their team's game plan. People on here are always whinging we're too defensive and reactive with our tactics - here's a chance to really throw a curve ball. You'd probably only do it for a term or two but for that time the opposition has to worry about a Chad Cornes-like CHB that could match the run of their boy AND provide some attacking rebound.

shaun..
12th August 2007, 01:59 AM
Played pretty well as a loose man in defence tonight with some telling spoils. In fact a terrific defensive effort, Bolton where would we be without him! And Teddy was good tonight too :)