PDA

View Full Version : Has There Been A Shift at WCE?

TheHood
14th August 2007, 03:35 PM
Look, I still hate them for all they've been over the past 5 years. However since they had crisis after crisis earlier in 2007, I have noticed a subtle change.

Firstly they have stopped the niggle on the field. The Hunter-esque type rubbish they have been so universally hated for seems to have dried up. I saw Hunter on the weekend with a smile and a gag with an opposition player (not Casey Green).

That was on the back of being comprehensively out-agressed by Freo. Coast got bumped off their game by Freo, that's most unusual given then renowned hatred.

Then even that ratbag Ben Cousins has simmered on his post-goal hystronics that make me want to reach into the TV and poke his eyes out.

I believe West Coast are flat out week in week out working on their brand, reassuring their sponsors and the footy public that they can be good boys.

Anyone else made these observations too or am I reading more into it than there is?

swantastic
14th August 2007, 05:33 PM
You might be right,but their still friggen total tools.

AnnieH
14th August 2007, 05:39 PM
One or two weeks of "good behaviour" does not change the team psyche overnight.
Ask that question again at the end of season 2009.

I still hate the criminal budgies.

Claret
14th August 2007, 07:25 PM
Then even that ratbag Ben Cousins has simmered on his post-goal hystronics that make me want to reach into the TV and poke his eyes out.

I enjoy watching them get beat as much as the next bloke, but if he were a Swans player you'd love his post-goal celebrations. I know I would.

It's all part of the show and every team has a player who loves to celebrate vigorously - Davo (Swans), S Johnson (Cats), Setanta (Blues), Buddy (Hawks), Farmer (Freo) etc. All are loved by their supporters when they're lapping it up but loathed by opponents.

swantastic
14th August 2007, 07:44 PM
I enjoy watching them get beat as much as the next bloke, but if he were a Swans player you'd love his post-goal celebrations. I know I would.

It's all part of the show and every team has a player who loves to celebrate vigorously - Davo (Swans), S Johnson (Cats), Setanta (Blues), Buddy (Hawks), Farmer (Freo) etc. All are loved by their supporters when they're lapping it up but loathed by opponents.Every body loves Davo,just ask him and Stell.:D

TheHood
14th August 2007, 08:13 PM

It's all part of the show and every team has a player who loves to celebrate vigorously - Davo (Swans), S Johnson (Cats), Setanta (Blues), Buddy (Hawks), Farmer (Freo) etc. All are loved by their supporters when they're lapping it up but loathed by opponents.

Davo is no where near that group. He puts his fingers in the air from relief most of the time.

Farmer throws his arms in the air waiting for God's recognition of his sublime skill. He made me want to puke on the weekend with his rubbish.

Claret
14th August 2007, 08:25 PM
Davo is no where near that group. He puts his fingers in the air from relief most of the time.

No where near that group = rose coloured glasses.

If he's doing it from relief then I'm Swantastic and Malcho's lovechild.

swantastic
14th August 2007, 09:12 PM
No where near that group = rose coloured glasses.

If he's doing it from relief then I'm Swantastic and Melchos lovechild.Son where have you been all my life.:D