PDA

View Full Version : Who would you most want to play in the elimination final?

Robbo
26th August 2007, 10:16 PM
So we will finish 7th or 8th and will be coming up against either Hawthorn, Kangas or Collingwood.

Personally I would want to play the Hawks.

573v30
26th August 2007, 10:20 PM
Hawthorn.

nat
26th August 2007, 10:21 PM
Yeah, Hawthorn.

Robbo
26th August 2007, 10:23 PM
Hawthorn have the least finals experience and they are the only side out of these 3 that we've beaten this year.

goswannie14
26th August 2007, 10:24 PM
I'd rather play Carlton, but will settle for hawthorn.

ugg
26th August 2007, 10:37 PM
Collingwood :D. Yes I'm a masochist.

Claret
26th August 2007, 10:40 PM
Collingwood :D. Yes I'm a masochist.

Possibly no Rocca, no Buckley comeback game, and a more powerful Swans lineup. Not neccesarily a bad option.

ugg
26th August 2007, 10:40 PM
Possibly no Rocca, no Buckley comeback game, and a more powerful Swans lineup. Not neccesarily a bad option.
Rocca will get off, Buckley will have 2 games under his belt, and we'll cop 5 injuries against Hawthorn.

Claret
26th August 2007, 10:43 PM
Rocca will get off, Buckley will have 2 games under his belt, and we'll cop 5 injuries against Hawthorn.

Haha, there's the spirit! ;)

dread and might
26th August 2007, 10:45 PM
easily hawthorn.....depending on what happens this weekend. If they smash us in Sydney, and then we have to face them the next week in melbourne, I don't like it!

dawson
26th August 2007, 10:58 PM
Personally I don't think it matters. Never been one to think too much on who I'd prefer to play when it comes to finals.
We may be the walking wounded but think whoever plays us would prefer to play anyone but us. There is no pressure on us and we're bound to have more finals experience over whoever we're playing.

ernie koala
26th August 2007, 11:18 PM
easily hawthorn.....depending on what happens this weekend. If they smash us in Sydney, and then we have to face them the next week in melbourne, I don't like it!

If they beat us next week , then we won't be playing them the week after,
they'll finish 4th and I don't think we can finish 1st.:rolleyes:

Kangas for mine.

BeeEmmAre
26th August 2007, 11:24 PM
I'd be happy to play anyone. Remember, thanks to Scott McLaren and his buddies, we aren't even there yet.

Mike_B
26th August 2007, 11:37 PM
I'd be happy to play anyone. Remember, thanks to Scott McLaren and his buddies, we aren't even there yet.
We are after tonight's win by richmond.

NMWBloods
26th August 2007, 11:39 PM
We may be the walking wounded but think whoever plays us would prefer to play anyone but us. There is no pressure on us and we're bound to have more finals experience over whoever we're playing.Dream on...

stellation
26th August 2007, 11:54 PM
Hawthorn. I like their song better.

573v30
26th August 2007, 11:57 PM
If we face Hawthorn and beat them, we won't have to see Kennett wear that stupid brown & gold jacket for a long time. :D

Zlatorog
27th August 2007, 05:57 AM
Does it matter? Whoever we play it will go down to the single issue. How much our players want to win. I think Collingwood is overrated and I don't give them a chance in the finals.

swantastic
27th August 2007, 06:40 AM
I dont care who we play,we will win.

anne
27th August 2007, 09:21 AM
kangaroos - their supporters are not so bad and there are less of them.

ScottH
27th August 2007, 09:46 AM
Hawthorn. I like their song better.No, my daughter and I reckon the Roos song is the best.

Siriusly, if we can't beat either of those 3 in a final, then we may as well not turn up.

AnnieH
27th August 2007, 10:23 AM
Seeings that Richmond wasn't a choice ... Kangas.

NMWBloods
27th August 2007, 10:30 AM
Seeings that Richmond wasn't a choice ... Kangas.
I reckon they'd be as happy as you to play us in finals! ;)

hammo
27th August 2007, 10:39 AM
I still think Collingwood. Hell, a team that has been beaten by Richmond and smashed by Brisbane, and struggled to beat Melbourne and Carlton in the past month can't be THAT good can they?

reigning premier
27th August 2007, 10:42 AM
Kangaroos look really good. Trouble for them is that there's a team out there called Geelong that are playing even better.

I'd quite happily take the Pies again but much prefer Hawthorn...

ugg
27th August 2007, 11:11 AM
I still think Collingwood. Hell, a team that has been beaten by Richmond and smashed by Brisbane, and struggled to beat Melbourne and Carlton in the past month can't be THAT good can they?
But they match up really well against us. Malthouse knows the key to beating us is defensive pressure, and their teams has executed it almost perfectly the last 3 times we have played them. And with our penchant to keep kicking it to the out-of-sorts Hall we have very little chance of toppling them.

Plugger46
27th August 2007, 11:23 AM
North EASILY.

Triple B
27th August 2007, 03:41 PM
Hawthorn. I like their song better.

No, my daughter and I reckon the Roos song is the best.

Scott, you obviously weren't at the '96 GF. They played that North Melbourne song so many times after the game I NEVER want to hear it again. It went on...and on....and on....and on.....:p

But it isn't a bad tune though ;)

Claret
27th August 2007, 03:51 PM

I like the 2nd half of the song. The first half is decidedly boring.

So join in the chorus . . . .

NMWBloods
27th August 2007, 04:30 PM
I like the 'Roos song - always reminds of going to the '77 GF replay when they beat the filthy 'Pies!! :)

stellation
27th August 2007, 04:44 PM

Siriusly, if we can't beat either of those 3 in a final, then we may as well not turn up.
I do like the Roos song too, but I prefer the Hawks one. I like the idea of a happy team, I think it is nice.

Robbo
27th August 2007, 07:16 PM
The Kangas are probably one of the least talented sides currently in the 8. I don't think they are the side they were 2 months ago either. And the last time the played in an elimination final, in 2005, they were slaughtered by and 8th placed Port Adelaide. So they would be my 2nd choice.

cruiser
27th August 2007, 07:24 PM
Roos: beatable and to avenge 1996.

Cheer Squad
27th August 2007, 08:00 PM
I tend to agree. We were hurt on Saturday by the lack of key personnel. Collingwood aren't as good as a lot of people seem to think.

SthMelbDieHard
27th August 2007, 08:18 PM
Collingwood aren't as good as a lot of people seem to think.

That only consists of their feral supporters...no one else rates em.

Lets play the Pies. Reckon our boys can bounce back from Sat nites dissapointment and win when it really matters.

Damien
27th August 2007, 08:49 PM
Hmm Collingwood I think.

Really don't think they are 'all that', I thought we were despicable on Saturday night and SURELY would give a better account of ourselves in two weeks time. (Wishful thinking maybe haha)

Big Al
27th August 2007, 08:52 PM
Does it matter with the way we're playing?

Triple B
27th August 2007, 09:06 PM
Definately Collingwood.

Not that I think we will win for sure, but if we bring our best game we should beat any of those 3 and if we serve up the @@@@@ like we served up on Saturday night we won't beat any of them. So, working on the 'bring our A game' theory, to finish Collingwood's season would be sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo sweet.

goswannie14
27th August 2007, 09:25 PM
Definately Collingwood.

Not that I think we will win for sure, but if we bring our best game we should beat any of those 3 and if we serve up the @@@@@ like we served up on Saturday night we won't beat any of them. So, working on the 'bring our A game' theory, to finish Collingwood's season would be sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo sweet.With Amon kicking 5 goals including the winning goal after the siren.:D

ScottH
27th August 2007, 09:26 PM
Scott, you obviously weren't at the '96 GF. They played that North Melbourne song so many times after the game I NEVER want to hear it again. It went on...and on....and on....and on.....:p

But it isn't a bad tune though ;)
Correct. I was able to turn the TV off at full time!!

Hazcam
28th August 2007, 02:53 PM
we wont make it past the 1st week

the melbourne teams and port/wce will be the only ones in the fray come week 3/4

we're way below our form in the last 8 weeks of this season compared to '05 '06.

it'll take a miracle of 2005 proportions to get into another prelim final.
but as they were saying during 'on the couch' last night, the hard accountable defensive style of footy has caught up with us over the years. and injuries were inevitable.

originalswan
28th August 2007, 04:33 PM
Definately Collingwood.

Not that I think we will win for sure, but if we bring our best game we should beat any of those 3 and if we serve up the @@@@@ like we served up on Saturday night we won't beat any of them. So, working on the 'bring our A game' theory, to finish Collingwood's season would be sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo sweet.

I agree to have the opportunity to end Collingwood's season cannot be discounted, it would definetely be the most enjoyable outcome.

Can't see us going too far so to at least have the chance at Collingwood one more time would make up for the two humiliating losses during the year.

NMWBloods
28th August 2007, 04:50 PM
A third loss would be unbearable though!

Triple B
28th August 2007, 04:56 PM
A third loss would be unbearable though!

Wouldn't be much worse than it is now. At the minute they have absolute bragging rights, have won the last 3 and we struggled to beat them in the few years before that when we were at our peak.

Another loss will be...oh well.

A win however...........

originalswan
28th August 2007, 04:56 PM
Yeah a third loss would mean I would have no come back against my Collingwood supporting mongrel brother............So I'd just have to resort to violence.:D

Triple B
28th August 2007, 05:15 PM
Yeah a third loss would mean I would have no come back against my Collingwood supporting mongrel brother............So I'd just have to resort to violence.:D

So what comeback have u got at the moment after 2 losses???

Do tell, we could all do with one.

NMWBloods
28th August 2007, 05:22 PM
My favourite on Saturday was the 2005 flag!

Triple B
28th August 2007, 05:42 PM

Until Collingwood win another flag, we'll have that comeback even if they win 10 in a row against us.

mackemdezzy
28th August 2007, 09:35 PM
has to be Hawthorn. .......But i wouldn't mind playing collingwood again

originalswan
28th August 2007, 09:44 PM
So what comeback have u got at the moment after 2 losses???

Do tell, we could all do with one.

"Ah! At least our one point loss was more recent."

KIRK4PM
28th August 2007, 10:08 PM
hawthorn....... but it would be so satisfying knocking out those bloody pies
ive heard that song to many times to handle...............

ScottH
29th August 2007, 07:27 AM

Until Collingwood win another flag, we'll have that comeback even if they win 10 in a row against us.
"You're only as good as your last flag"

Wardy
29th August 2007, 08:25 AM
I would rather play Hawthorn - so if we beat Hawthorn this Sunday we have that edge over them (if the planets are aligned we should) so if the Pies beat Crows & Roos beat Footscray - we will play Hawthorn again. I would rather play a team that we defeated the week before knowing that we have the finals experience that they dont. So I find it disturbing that Roos is taking the attitude its a dead rubber. Its winnable, and its to our advantage if we do win that game. (I hope the above made sense!)

The Undertaker
29th August 2007, 11:56 PM
I'd love to play Hawthorn.