Daniel O'Keefe (groin) - season

Interesting...

jenky28
28th August 2007, 02:10 PM
where is that injury list from?

dazza
28th August 2007, 02:20 PM
Hi Guys

I think that they put that in there to say that they will rest Hall because he has had ongoing groin problems that they need to get right so the Swans key players have a chance to do well in the finals

There is no point playing your key players in a game that has no meaning

Give the young guys a go in the last game and give them game time

gossipcom
28th August 2007, 02:40 PM
From all the reports that are coming through SMH and Fox Sports it looks like Hall and Spida will be rested this weekend with Leo returning.

dazza
28th August 2007, 02:59 PM
They may as well rest half the team and play all youngsters

They are not going to get beaten by 300 points so they can't miss out on the finals anyway

Sanecow
28th August 2007, 03:11 PM
They may as well rest half the team and play all youngsters

They are not going to get beaten by 300 points so they can't miss out on the finals anyway

I don't know if there's much to be gained by exposing the team to a flogging (see threads about every pre-season game for the last few years) but a few intelligently selected ins would be beneficial. Players I suspect are being considered are: Forwards: Flipper or Grundy. Defenders: LRT, Dempster. Others: Moore, Schmidt, maybe Vogels (out of favour?).

dazza
28th August 2007, 03:17 PM
Hey Sanecow

Isn't it better to rest all the players who are carrying niggling injuries and rest them and make sure that they are fit and firing for the finals ?

They have proven that they can win away from home anyway and they have the finals experience to get to another grand final

It is going to be whether how far they are willing to go in the finals

We will see

Sanecow
28th August 2007, 03:24 PM
Isn't it better to rest all the players who are carrying niggling injuries and rest them and make sure that they are fit and firing for the finals ?

I guess that depends on how many of them there are, how injured they are, how important they are to the team and how likely they are to lose touch with a week off ... Spida, BBB and O'Loughlin are important to our finals chances, reported to be struggling and I imagine a week off would do them good. Who else is suspected of carrying something?

hammo
28th August 2007, 03:56 PM
I'm not sure what a smashing would do to the psychology of the team which is what I fear is on the cards on Sunday if we rest too many.

The coaching panel need to weigh up whether its better going into the finals having not won a game for 4 weeks or to go in with some slightly fresher players.

Then again the introduction of someone like Moore and Schmidt giving them key midfield roles - and play Jude as a permanent forward - may be a good thing.

dimelb
28th August 2007, 04:06 PM
Then again the introduction of someone like Moore and Schmidt giving them key midfield roles - and play Jude as a permanent forward - may be a good thing.
I'd be more inclined to drop/rest Jude and play McVeigh as a permanent forward. At least he can kick.

ItsAllGoodes
28th August 2007, 04:25 PM
I dont like this at all....our Reserves have a big game this week against the team in 2nd place...we are risking our 100% winning record :rolleyes:

NMWBloods
28th August 2007, 04:30 PM
From the team on Saturday, I'd like to see Hall, Brennan, Crouch and J Bolton rested.

I'd like to see Schmidt, Vogels, Grundy, and LRT brought into the side.

I'd also like to see them experiment with playing a far more open and running game, focussed on getting the ball, rather than a defensive, lock-down game focussed on stopping your opponent getting the ball.

gossipcom
28th August 2007, 06:31 PM
Brennan will definitely be missing regardless since his hammy is more than an one week injury. (That's from all the media reports since Sat night).

DST
28th August 2007, 06:53 PM
The way the cards have fallen we have a great opportunity to rest a couple of blokes that could do with a rest and play returning key players and a couple of youngsters.

Brennan is out and I would like to see Hall, O'Loughlin, Kirk and Spida rested.

Bring back Leo & LRT for a run before the finals and three from the following group depending on what the coaching staff are looking for:

* Grundy, Vogels, Schmidt, Jack, Phillips

Hall looked the best he has all year the week after he had that break against West Coast and the break for MOL, Kirk and Spida is a huge bonus.

We can win on the road and under finals pressure (probably not 4 in a row) so we have every chance to win at least the first two weeks.

DST
:D

Sanecow
28th August 2007, 09:13 PM
Does RWO have a collective hate on for Dempster?

NMWBloods
28th August 2007, 09:20 PM
...oh, and I'd like to see Dempster in for someone (Mathews?).

goswannie14
28th August 2007, 09:22 PM
Does RWO have a collective hate on for Dempster?I think it is ridiculous that Dempster isn't in the team at the moment.:mad:

TheMase
29th August 2007, 12:35 AM
I think it is ridiculous that Dempster isn't in the team at the moment.:mad:

Agreed. I don't quite understand it.

Robbo
29th August 2007, 12:51 AM
I dont like this at all....our Reserves have a big game this week against the team in 2nd place...we are risking our 100% winning record :rolleyes:

If this "2nd place" team start now they could be in with a shot.

Bloody Hell
29th August 2007, 04:35 AM
I'm not sure what a smashing would do to the psychology of the team which is what I fear is on the cards on Sunday if we rest too many.

Could develop a backs to the wall mentality.

Every must win match this season has been lost. I would imagine the team psycology would be in pieces ATM.

Mr_Juicy
29th August 2007, 03:17 PM
Could develop a backs to the wall mentality.

Every must win match this season has been lost. I would imagine the team psycology would be in pieces ATM.yeah. so the idea is to purposefully lose the game, to give the players a boost in confidence, recognising that the gameplan went their way :D

It's a good philosophy :)