PDA

View Full Version : Are We Good Or Are We Good

juliec
17th August 2003, 05:19 PM
Dont often write here but read all the comments, but WOW does this win deserve it,,,,, what a win,, to me Brisbane looked on top most of the game,, but boy did we hang in there,,,, then what did we do,,,,,,,,,,,,,,rub their noses into the ground....

GO SWANS I AM SO PROUD OF YOU WHAT A GREAT YEAR FULL OF EXCITEMENT FOR ALL US SWANS FANS...... AND YES WE WILL BEAT COLLINGWOOD NEXT WEEK:D :D :D

Bron
17th August 2003, 05:21 PM
I said at half time that we weren't playing that well and Brisbane seemed to be killing us, yet we weren't far off the scoreboard ... we just needed to get our act together ... and did we!

Loved the end!

liz
17th August 2003, 05:24 PM
Exceptionally courageous effort by the boys today. It's not often that you are generally beaten around the ground but still come away with four points. Full credit to them for keeping their concentration up for all four quarters and taking their opportunities when they came.

I'm particularly sure Matthews will be happy we beat his side despite having 10 fewer scoring shots!

Stuffed Duck
17th August 2003, 06:04 PM
the lions really should have won and won well, that makes it even better.

robbieando
17th August 2003, 06:29 PM
Well we can't ease up now thinking the work is done, we must win our next 2 matches well and then go into the finals with good form for once instead of losing form

Bron
17th August 2003, 06:49 PM
When does Des get back to take that depressing story off the home page???

Glenn
17th August 2003, 08:19 PM
Not 100% sure I think he and Julian etc leave Bris around 7pm

Jimmy C
17th August 2003, 09:08 PM
On our day this season we've been better than Brisbane at BOTH grounds. The two wins against the Lions this year have been my absolute favourites. I'm not that fussed if the GF isn't for our guys this year. In most rounds they've had a red-hot crack at the opposition, even when losing. Bring on 2004.

Xie Shan
17th August 2003, 09:24 PM
Are we good or are we good?
Ummm.....I think we are good :)

If someone had told me at the beginning of the year that the Swans would beat Brisbane twice in the season, I would have thought it to be extremely optimistic at best. But now...:D

There is a great spirit in the team now at the moment - each time they've lost this year (well, apart from the early rounds), they've turned it around in the best way possible. You could tell by the post-game celebrations.

Barry Hall marked almost everything today, and I barely noticed that Schauble had held Lynch goalless, that's how good they were!

But again, 14.6 to 10.16, that's unbelievable accuracy
:) Just like Round 7

I thought Meiklejohn really gave a great contest in the ruck today, allowing Goodes more freedom to take great marks ;)
We've finally had a win outside of Sydney and Melbourne...and it must be a while since a Swans team has won more than 12 games - 1998 maybe?

TheHood
17th August 2003, 09:46 PM
It was heartening to see Goodesy get back to his mid season peak again.

Tonnes of marks, very good in the ruck and what about that monster kick after 2 earlier aborted attempts? If only he could have had a similar crack in Adelaide a fortnight ago!

Thought Maxy had a better day today without starring too.

swan_song
17th August 2003, 09:48 PM
I'm just so proud of the guys...a really fantastic effort and one that is a fitting tribute to Willo on his 250th game. I feel like getting on the roof and shouting!!! You beauty Swannies...

Had me worried in the first quarter...and what a lesson it was for the guys, when Goodsie messed around with those short kicks and cocked em both up, only to dob the goal when the umps called BOTH his previous efforts back.... Always have a shot, you can't do any worse than coughing up the ball anyway with silly short passes that miss or are dropped...

dimelb
17th August 2003, 10:02 PM
FanTAStic effort - and not one poor player in the side. Fozzie lifted, James was solid, Meiklejohn produced the Goodes. And BBBH!! Wonderful!

EMJ
17th August 2003, 10:09 PM
Justice, Justice for Akers and his Smart ass comments on Roos and the guys. Boy he sure took the whingey medicie. Hope he gets booked for eye gougeing Leo.
How good was that game - unreal - love watching the replay and play it many times.
Now to knock off creepy Eddie and his boys. We Need that win realy bad.
Hope the guys come through okay - it is a quick five days in between. May we win the Lockett cup and chock up another win ready to hopefully do it to Melbourne too - although they didn't romped by PA by too many.
Loved the marks by O'Loughlin and Goodes - Goodes nominated for mark of the round.

ugg
17th August 2003, 11:28 PM
Originally posted by janpa
Justice, Justice for Akers and his Smart ass comments on Roos and the guys. Boy he sure took the whingey medicie. Hope he gets booked for eye gougeing Leo.
How good was that game - unreal - love watching the replay and play it many times.
Now to knock off creepy Eddie and his boys. We Need that win realy bad.
Hope the guys come through okay - it is a quick five days in between. May we win the Lockett cup and chock up another win ready to hopefully do it to Melbourne too - although they didn't romped by PA by too many.
Loved the marks by O'Loughlin and Goodes - Goodes nominated for mark of the round.

Both were good but I liked the Micky O one better.

Angelic Upstart
18th August 2003, 12:23 AM
Originally posted by lizz
I'm particularly sure Matthews will be happy we beat his side despite having 10 fewer scoring shots! He did mention that in his press conference. :rolleyes:

penga
18th August 2003, 01:59 AM
Originally posted by dimelb
Meiklejohn produced the Goodes.

very very very well worded!!! :D