PDA

View Full Version : Do my eyes deceive me........

floppinab
14th September 2007, 12:39 PM
or is it really the case that we have both finals live on FTA this Fri. and Sat. nights in Sydney.

Be very interesting to see how 10 goes on Sat. night up against the League.

Seven didn't have the Port Eagles game on last Fri. in PT/live did it???

AnnieH
14th September 2007, 12:40 PM
or is it really the case that we have both finals live on FTA this Fri. and Sat. nights in Sydney.

Be very interesting to see how 10 goes on Sat. night up against the League.

Seven didn't have the Port Eagles game on last Fri. in PT/live did it???

I saw the ad for Saturday night's game and thought are Channel 10 beaming out of Melbourne tonight??
Channel Nine has no NRL tonight and Channel 7 are playing the criminals game at 8.30.
Exciting isn't it?

floppinab
14th September 2007, 12:45 PM
I saw the ad for Saturday night's game and thought are Channel 10 beaming out of Melbourne tonight??
Channel Nine has no NRL tonight and Channel 7 are playing the criminals game at 8.30.
Exciting isn't it?

Yup, Seven's does make some sense particularly with the Pies and Eagles involved but 10 on Sat. night, Hawks Roos, I think they are going to get creamed.

AnnieH
14th September 2007, 12:51 PM
Yup, Seven's does make some sense particularly with the Pies and Eagles involved but 10 on Sat. night, Hawks Roos, I think they are going to get creamed.

I'll watch it, although I don't have one of those rating box thingies.
I'm still happy that we're getting ALL the finals footy live (or very close to it).

floppinab
14th September 2007, 12:55 PM
I'm trying to think when we have had FTA Footy on a Fri. night in Sydney. Could this be the first time ever???

AnnieH
14th September 2007, 01:03 PM
I'm trying to think when we have had FTA Footy on a Fri. night in Sydney. Could this be the first time ever???

... that doesn't involve Sydney in a final, I think yes. I think we played a final on a Friday night years ago ... that would have been the last time.
My budgie friend just called me from the airport on his way to Perth for tonights game. He said he'd ring me about 2am when I'm watching it ... he nearly fell over when I told him it was on FTA tonight at 8.30.

hammo
14th September 2007, 01:19 PM
... that doesn't involve Sydney in a final, I think yes. I think we played a final on a Friday night years ago ... that would have been the last time.

In 2005 we had 3 Friday night finals and last year we had 1 (there was also the St Kilda game in 2004) :confused:

AnnieH
14th September 2007, 01:20 PM
In 2005 we had 3 Friday night finals and last year we had 1 (there was also the St Kilda game in 2004) :confused:

Did all those games involve the swans?
Hammo we don't get PRIME TIME finals in Sydney unless they involve the swans. The night games are usually replayed after midnight.

hammo
14th September 2007, 01:21 PM
Morrisey and the Daily Telegraph are back to their true form... talking down the AFL and Swans ratings figures once again...

http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/story/0,22049,22415288-5001023,00.html

AnnieH
14th September 2007, 01:23 PM
Allen said yesterday poor TV ratings for AFL in Sydney would have a negative impact on Seven's and Ten's advertising revenue and could force the commercial networks to ask the Swans and AFL to do more to promote the game in Australia's biggest market.

Bring it on!!!

hammo
14th September 2007, 01:24 PM
Did all those games involve the swans?
Hammo we don't get PRIME TIME finals in Sydney unless they involve the swans. The night games are usually replayed after midnight.
Yes they all involved the Swans.

Recent Swans finals on a Friday night:

2004 SF vs St Kilda
2005 QF vs West Coast
2005 SF vs Geelong
2005 PF vs St Kilda
2006 PF vs Fremantle

I was responding to your comment "I think we played a final on a Friday night years ago".

Sanecow
14th September 2007, 01:42 PM
Morrisey and the Daily Telegraph are back to their true form... talking down the AFL and Swans ratings figures once again...

http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/story/0,22049,22415288-5001023,00.html

An average of 146,000 Sydneysiders tuned in to Channel 10 for the Swans' most important game of the year, making the AFL showpiece only the 10th watched show in the Harbour City on Saturday.

Good (mis)use of stats. It was probably 292,000 tuned in for the first half of the game. Who could blame people for switching it off.

AnnieH
14th September 2007, 01:44 PM
Yes they all involved the Swans.

Recent Swans finals on a Friday night:

2004 SF vs St Kilda
2005 QF vs West Coast
2005 SF vs Geelong
2005 PF vs St Kilda
2006 PF vs Fremantle

I was responding to your comment "I think we played a final on a Friday night years ago".

Thanks. I thought we played more than one Friday night final, but I didn't want to say so without looking it up (yeah, I know ... very, very lazy!).

Either way, unless it involves the swans, we've never had the game "prime time" at night. We've always had them live if the games were played in the arvo, but never the night games that didn't involve the swans.

I've bags'd the TV tonight and tomorrow night. My poor family!!:)

hammo
14th September 2007, 01:49 PM
Either way, unless it involves the swans, we've never had the game "prime time" at night. We've always had them live if the games were played in the arvo, but never the night games that didn't involve the swans.

Depends if you have Foxtel or not ;)

AnnieH
14th September 2007, 01:53 PM
Depends if you have Foxtel or not ;)

We are talking about FTA.

Triple B
14th September 2007, 05:35 PM
Damn :mad:

So no footy on Ch518 tonight. Have to put up with an ad between every goal. :mad:

Think I may go out for dinner, have a few sherbets avoid a news service and watch the replay at midnight, commercial free.