PDA

View Full Version : RSS: We're playing for our careers at the Swans: Thornton

ScottH
23rd September 2007, 11:42 AM
Careers are on the line for some of the Sydney Swans Reserves

More... (http://www.sydneyswans.com.au/Default.aspx?tabid=7106&newsId=51578)

(This post was automatically generated from news items on www.sydneyswans.com.au )

NMWBloods
23rd September 2007, 12:01 PM
" ?They?re in the same boat. They?re frustrated ?cause they?re not quite there as well. "

Or is that...

" ?They?re in the same boat. They?re frustrated ?cause the seniors keep picking the same hacks no matter how they perform."

TheGrimReaper
23rd September 2007, 12:02 PM
They better get a game next year instead of Ben bloody Mathews and others like him getting a game. :mad:

dendol
23rd September 2007, 04:21 PM
They better get a game next year instead of Ben bloody Mathews and others like him getting a game. :mad:
Roos has already said kids getting a game next year is un bloody likely.

Legs Akimbo
23rd September 2007, 10:26 PM
Interpretation

"A lot of us are playing for our careers at the club"

- emphasis is on AT THE CLUB, as opposed to carrier, PERIOD.

"When I was on the field, I think I definitely made an impact with what I did."

- I did everything they asked me to, and more, but I still couldn't get a game due to not being a member of the inner circle

"They?re in the same boat. They?re frustrated ?cause they?re not quite there as well."

- We, the outer group, all feel the same way. We are sick of it.

?It was frustrating, but I just had to look at it in a positive way and just say well, I?m almost there, but I?ve just got to keep working so I can be there."

I am there, I just don't want to say the honest truth, because the inner core might delist me. I can't believe guys like Boak etc. get a go in their first season and I'll be 24 before I get my first senior game, if I don't get delisted by then, in which case I'll be too old for a second chance and I'll have had my career ruined. Why did I come to this club again?

?Hopefully my time will come, but it hasn?t yet, so we?ll see what happens.?

Yadda yadda. I'd consider other offers if they were to come up.

?It doesn?t matter which grade we play in, we just really want to come up with a win"

I was more challenged when I was 11 years old playing in the under 16 comp back home. The guy I thrashed last week is a full time bank teller on his third coronary bypass. The best player for the other mob was Mark Powell who famously declared he doesn't want to play footy seriously.

?I think we played them two or three times this year. When we played them, they definitely challenge us a lot. The scoreboard hasn?t shown that, but physically we walk off the ground absolutely spent every time we play them."

I am considering writing my philosopy thesis on the paradox of being challenged a lot without it ever showing on the scoreboard and yet being physically spent. Actaully, I am talking complete crap, the scoreboard hasn't EVER shown that I feel more spent than after 5 minutes of self pleasuring before the game.

?I gave Fruity [coach Brett Allison] $100 during the week, so hopefully that might work.?

...and I have a few thousand extra in unmarked brown paper bags if he can get me a game next year.

Seriously, well down Swans reserves. You made the best out of a bad situation. Looking forward to watching (most of) you run around a few VFL games next year.

Jeffers1984
23rd September 2007, 10:52 PM
Interpretation

- I did everything they asked me to, and more, but I still couldn't get a game due to not being a member of the inner circle

"They?re in the same boat. They?re frustrated ?cause they?re not quite there as well."

?It was frustrating, but I just had to look at it in a positive way and just say well, I?m almost there, but I?ve just got to keep working so I can be there."

I am there, I just don't want to say the honest truth, because the inner core might delist me. I can't believe guys like Boak etc. get a go in their first season and I'll be 24 before I get my first senior game, if I don't get delisted by then, in which case I'll be too old for a second chance and I'll have had my career ruined. Why did I come to this club again?

?It doesn?t matter which grade we play in, we just really want to come up with a win"

I was more challenged when I was 11 years old playing in the under 16 comp back home. The guy I thrashed last week is a full time bank teller on his third coronary bypass. The best player for the other mob was Mark Powell who famously declared he doesn't want to play footy seriously.

?I think we played them two or three times this year. When we played them, they definitely challenge us a lot. The scoreboard hasn?t shown that, but physically we walk off the ground absolutely spent every time we play them."

I am considering writing my philosopy thesis on the paradox of being challenged a lot without it ever showing on the scoreboard and yet being physically spent. Actaully, I am talking complete crap, the scoreboard hasn't EVER shown that I feel more spent than after 5 minutes of self pleasuring before the game.

?I gave Fruity [coach Brett Allison] $100 during the week, so hopefully that might work.?

...and I have a few thousand extra in unmarked brown paper bags if he can get me a game next year.

Seriously, well down Swans reserves. You made the best out of a bad situation. Looking forward to watching (most of) you run around a few VFL games next year.

LMFAO!!!!!!

NMWBloods
23rd September 2007, 11:00 PM
Interpretation...

:D Nice work!

Robbo
23rd September 2007, 11:48 PM
Interpretation

Quality stuff mate. It's 100% true aswell.

LOL at anyone who disagrees.

DeadlyAkkuret
24th September 2007, 12:10 AM
Great work LA. Hilarious:D

TheMase
24th September 2007, 01:57 AM
This is well a guide to next year I think. Some players that aren't there, and are injured may already have been told they will be traded or cut. Others are considered senior and have decided they are already accepted as the future.
Everyone else is playing for their spots. Now if for most part you remove the players drafted last season, it would seem it is these guys who the delistings will come from.

Lets analyse. Players in bold under question..

Eligible Players - did not play
Doyle - LTIL - Gone
DOK - LTIL - New draftee, not in doubt.
Brennan - Injured, likely senior form decided his fate. I dare say that fate is to stay on the list. - Stay
Laidlaw - Injured. Would have seen in Geelong game that he is a likely player. Also he turned up at reserves finals to watch the game. Likely not in doubt. Stay
Jack - Injured. Depends whether Roos saw enough at senior level to keep him. With Crouch on the way out, likely replacement. Stay.
Phillips - Injured, but rumours of problems within the club. That and his lack of size may determine his future. Unlikely
Moore - Pretty sure is on contract, but can't be certain. Just won B&F for the reserves. Likely stay..
Schmidt - No chance. stay
LRT - No Chance. stay
Dempster - A favourite of Roos. Seen as a senior player when fit. Stay.

Did not play:
D.Currie - New draftee, spent most of year doing HSC. Stay

Players that are left from younger guys:
Brabazon - Safe
Barlow - Safe
Brennan - Safe
M Davis (rookie)- Gone
Faulks - New draftee, but problems in club apparently?
Grundy - Safe
Jack - Safe
Moore - Safe
O'Dwyer (rookie)- Gone
Rowe (rookie) - Unsure
Simpkin - Gone
Smith (rookie)- Gone
Thornton - Safe
Vogels - Gone
White - New Draftee, safe.

My best guesses?
GONE(Senior List): Doyle, Vogels, Simpkin, Phillips.
GONE(rookie list): O'Dwyer, Shaw, Smith, (Rowe, may be okay.)
Elevated: Brennan, Barlow, Jack.
VETS: Magic, L Barry.

That will give us 3 in the national draft, not withstanding some players being traded outside of these, or if players ask to leave.

AnnieH
24th September 2007, 10:52 AM
Legs ... Beautiful. Just beautiful.
I'm crying with laughter.
That's gotta be a late nomination for post of the year.:)

dazza
24th September 2007, 01:23 PM
Doyle is not gone from the club unless they payout his contract as he signed a 2 year deal until the end of next year

He is only 25 so if he can stay injury free and has a good year then he has another 8 - 9 years as a good ruckman

hammo
24th September 2007, 01:37 PM
Doyle is not gone from the club unless they payout his contract as he signed a 2 year deal until the end of next year

I've been pointing this out for weeks, as have others, but nuff nuffs reign around here...

Bas
24th September 2007, 02:03 PM
They can trade Doyle though, so he still might be gone.

Sanecow
24th September 2007, 02:07 PM
They can trade Doyle though

You reckon?