PDA

View Full Version : The "goodbye Schneider, we'll miss you, all the best" thread

cruiser
12th October 2007, 10:28 AM
Dear Adam,

I am very sorry to see you leave the Swans. Thanks for some great memories, especially those three final quarter goals in the 2005 PF. You're spunk and excitement will be missed by many of us Swans supporters. I wish you all the best at St Kilda (unless you're playing Sydney of course).

garethb83
12th October 2007, 10:48 AM
Farewell Schneids... still can't believe this is happening.

I know some people on this board will probably smash me for saying so, but this is a big mistake. When you play us next year Adam, i hope you pump us, i really do.

2 good, young talents, whilst inconsistent, for a second round draft pick in a draft considered to be weak as hell.

Go down there and kick a*s Schneids!

ernie koala
12th October 2007, 10:51 AM

I know some people on this board will probably smash me for saying so, but this is a big mistake. When you play us next year Adam, i hope you pump us, i really do.

2 good, young talents, whilst inconsistent, for a second round draft pick in a draft considered to be weak as hell.

Ditto.....what a terrible trade.

Jeffers1984
12th October 2007, 10:51 AM

Nah i'm with you on this. I hope he shoves it up Roos' clacker next year.

Best of luck Schneids, i still can't believe you won't be here next year.

garethb83
12th October 2007, 10:56 AM
I don't usually get this affected by off-field stuff with footy but this has shaken me to the core that is has actually happened. Now people on here can say he's inconsistent etc etc but whatever...

I've been a follower of the Swans since before 1996, but wasn't a member until 2003. Went to the Anzac game vs Melbourne, we kick 10 goals in the final quarter to beat the Dees, including that amazing snap from 50 by Schneider, went out the next week and got my membership and every year since.

If we had have gotten a first round pick for it, maybe it would be comprehendable, but this is beyond me...

Sorry cruiser for hijacking your thread.

Mr_Juicy
12th October 2007, 11:02 AM
Terrible, terrible draft decision. Pick 26! Pffft! Ask for the number 26 at the Saints just to rub it in to the tossers who let you go for so meaningless a pick. Must admit I didn't mind whether you were to be traded or not, unfortunately that's football in today's world, but you will be missed. Shame we didn't get something of worth for you.

Good luck Schneids and thanks for the memories

ugg
12th October 2007, 11:07 AM
Cya Schneids, I think the team will miss your spark terribly. Best of luck at the Sainters.

Triple B
12th October 2007, 11:08 AM
Good luck Schneiderman.

At least the #13 is available for you at the Aints.

annew
12th October 2007, 11:12 AM

Couldn't agree more. Cannot believe we did that trade - 2 players for one lousy pick - am not happy!!

Casey36
12th October 2007, 11:16 AM
Good luck Schneiderman at the Saints !

You'll be missed, definitely by at least one. :rolleyes:

- Casey36 (his old number hehe)

Donners
12th October 2007, 11:34 AM
Salary cap is the only explanation. Good luck to Schneider. He was an exciting presence in a side that desperately needed some spark.

Rod_
12th October 2007, 11:36 AM
Thanks for the memories.

This will hurt us in the future. Mark my words. (Sainter / "Harvey" will train him to be a better player small. I feel he will / should go on for 5 + year making a good contirbution)

Rod_

nat
12th October 2007, 11:45 AM
I can't believe he isn't going to be around next year. He has always been a favourite and i can offically say that i now have a favourite player at another club.

Good luck Adam!

I don't know what i'll do with his badge!

Lucky Knickers
12th October 2007, 12:31 PM
Good luck Adam. Thanks for your contribution to our premiership. You are a Bloods legend now.

dawg
12th October 2007, 12:59 PM
I'm speechless :( oh well life goes on, all the best at the saints and for the rest of your career

Casey36
12th October 2007, 01:08 PM
I don't know what i'll do with his badge!

Keep it! Im still gonna have my Schneider badges on my backpack, when i go to the footy. He might be playing for another team, but part of him will still be a swan :D

Xie Shan
12th October 2007, 03:38 PM
He was an exciting presence in a side that desperately needed some spark.

I think this is the main reason why I think this was a bad trade - yes he didn't have a great year, but he wasn't alone, and it just seems ludicrous to trade one of your more exciting players under 25. He will be missed. All the best with your future career Schneids!

Jeffers1984
12th October 2007, 03:41 PM
26 goals considered a bad year for schneids..hmmm..still pissed off about this trade but i'll get over it.

swanhead2005
12th October 2007, 04:03 PM
Extremely disappointing. I still remember his 3 goals in the last quarter against St. Kilda in the prelim that essentially guaranteed the Swans a GF. We lose a game-breaker and gain somebody who is a combo of LRT and Torture.

shaun..
12th October 2007, 04:09 PM
Like Dempster thread, and hope you can show Crouch a thing or two..

Layby
12th October 2007, 04:12 PM
I feel sorry for playfairman, playfairkid, playfairgirl etc

Schneiderfan
12th October 2007, 05:02 PM
To our favourite Swan,

absoultely devastated, gutted by Roos and co decision.:mad:

We'll miss you terribly. :frown

As we are Sydneysiders will now only get so cheer loudly for you once a year when you come up to play the against the Swans. We'll just have to add black to the red and white colours now.

On behalf of many past swans fans, thanks for bringing us much inspiration and joy during the past few years, we have enjoyed eveyr minbute of watching you play.

Hope you absolutely kick a#se under a better coach. You deserve the best, so go for it!

:D

Snake
12th October 2007, 05:04 PM
To our favourite Swan,

absoultely devastated, gutted by Roos and co decision.:mad:

We'll miss you terribly. :frown

As we are Sydneysiders will now only get so cheer loudly for you once a year when you come up to play the against the Swans. We'll just have to add black to the red and white colours now.

On behalf of many past swans fans, thanks for bringing us much inspiration and joy during the past few years, we have enjoyed eveyr minbute of watching you play.

Hope you absolutely kick a#se under a better coach. You deserve the best, so go for it!

:D

I totally respect what you are saying, but IMHO I think its best he left the swans I never really rated him as a player, once Monty lifted and became a 22 regular it made "Scheinder man" out in the cold.

Schneiderfan
12th October 2007, 05:08 PM
Snake? Is that you Paul Roos?

Casey36
12th October 2007, 05:10 PM

I dont think Paul Roos would ever doubt Schneider as a player.

Snake

lol, I just thought Monty and Schneider we too close of the same mould, but the one subtle difference was that Monty was harder at the ball.:o

Sanecow
Looking at his stats for 2007 I'm struggling to see it in a positive light.

Snake
12th October 2007, 05:28 PM
Looking at his stats for 2007 I'm struggling to see it in a positive light.

Struggling to see who?

Sanecow
12th October 2007, 06:00 PM
The Schneider "trade".

Sanecow
12th October 2007, 06:07 PM
Compared with his teammates in 2007:

Fourth for goals (ahead of O'Keefe)
Eighth for possessions
Seventh for tackles
Tenth for marks (ahead of Jolly and Everitt?!)

And he goes for pick 26 with Dempster thrown in?!?

Casey36
12th October 2007, 06:13 PM
Yet everyone's saying what a bad year he has had.

TheMase
12th October 2007, 06:30 PM
Good luck Schneids... Very disappointing trade. Plenty of players could of, and should of gone before him and Dempster.

One of my favourite players when on song, best of luck mate. :(

Layby
12th October 2007, 06:32 PM
I liked the picture of him in a wheelie bin full of ice.

I often wonder what those lumps were in his throat.

is2SWaNz
12th October 2007, 06:55 PM
I'll always love you Schneiderman. I will never forget what you did for us in the Preliminary final against the Saints (oh the irony). You were always such a hard nut and I love all your freakish goals.

Good Luck Schneider. Thanks for all the memories. Thanks for all those games you played for the Swans. You'll always be a red and white, a blood.. forever. *sniffs*

is2SWaNz (aka Margaret)

Allymay
12th October 2007, 07:16 PM
Heartbroken by your loss to the Aints. Terrible trade. One inconsistent year and you get shoved up the proverbial with the rough end of a pineapple. You have been my favourite player since burning your "now" teamates in the last quarter of the 05 prelim.

When St Kilda and Sydney are playing in the 08 GF and you kick the winning goal, stand up on that dais with your premiership medallion and stick it to Roosy and the other Knobheads who made this decision!!!

Best of luck with your new club, have a great career and remember that there are plenty of Swans fans that will still love you, especially those of us in the West that only see you once a year anyway. See-ya Schneiderman!

(PS: Administrators - can I get a new user name puhllleeesssee?????):p

jude_boltons_babe
12th October 2007, 07:43 PM
good luck Adam ill miss you hope you go well for the Saints

Triple B
12th October 2007, 08:51 PM
(PS: Administrators - can I get a new user name puhllleeesssee?????):p

I think Schneidercroc and Schneiderkookaburra are available. Which one would you like? :p :p

DeadlyAkkuret
12th October 2007, 08:55 PM
SchneiderHereNorThere

NMWBloods
12th October 2007, 08:58 PM
What about Schneider'Ainthere?

stellation
12th October 2007, 09:10 PM
CrouchpigTadhger?

Northern_Swan
12th October 2007, 09:23 PM
Poor Trade.

Will be sorely missed. A truly exciting player who gave his all for the Swans. Best of luck.

NMWBloods
12th October 2007, 09:36 PM
CrouchpigTadhger?
CrouchpigTadhger Schmidt'n'Keiran ?

SOPH_CROSS
12th October 2007, 11:32 PM
i love u always no matter what lil 36/13
uve done us proud and me prouder ill be wacthing u always

Layby
12th October 2007, 11:40 PM
I must have commitment issues.

I dont 'love' any of the players, and only rarely lust after them

Nico
12th October 2007, 11:40 PM
Bevanesque.

NMWBloods
12th October 2007, 11:55 PM

Not a true stalker!

SOPH_CROSS
12th October 2007, 11:59 PM

Ha ha
im a girl were allowed to love players and i did love him very much
ill still marry him even if he is a saint

vanberlo=god
13th October 2007, 12:01 AM
Bevanesque.
someone i can say i won't miss seeing on the field :)

bevo = gotta go...

Bear
13th October 2007, 12:14 AM
"Rossy has been hounding me for a while to get Schneids." and later Roos admitted that Demspter (sic) became part of the Schneider trade as a favour to both.

Roos is too close to an opposition coach.

Bad trade. In a side with ageing senior players, a classy 23 y/o Schneider should not have been given up for a Hail Mary pick. 24, 42, 4, or 32 yes, but not 13.

Hazcam
13th October 2007, 04:23 AM
All the best schnieds you along with BBBH and Davis really gave our team some forward injection when you came on board and I love you thumping left and right foot goals you were a real entertainer.

We have made a @@@@en STUPID mistake in losing you, and demps for that matter. We get @@@@ all in return and for that I hope you and demps have a stellar career/s going forward and also hope that you give us a belting next year.

Which is ironic because when the prelim final in '05 was there to be won, you tore it apart in the final qtr with 3 goals.

Why can't the swans trade players we all don't want?

FFS mate.

Hazcam
13th October 2007, 04:26 AM
Yet everyone's saying what a bad year he has had.

Bad year by his standards

But really his season was just as bad as Hall's. And it was affected by injury like Hall.

So should we boot him off as well?

I'm still in shock man a load of turd really.

Hazcam
13th October 2007, 04:32 AM
I totally respect what you are saying, but IMHO I think its best he left the swans I never really rated him as a player, once Monty lifted and became a 22 regular it made "Scheinder man" out in the cold.

Schneider and Monty are always 2 of the same and I've always said having 2 of them in the 22 just aint the right balance. But we could accomodate them and alter the balance elsewhere.

Yes Amon is a hard nut but he doesn't have the silky skills and finishing ability and long accurate kick that schneider has.

With ball in hand he, magic and nick davis are the 3 most exciting players in the business.

There are 2 many of these type of players in the list. Should have tossed crouch, phillips and that other box head player and kept schneids and buch together.

I hope he sticks it up roosy's bitch ass and shows him a lesson next year.

smasher
13th October 2007, 05:43 AM
Good luck to you at Moorabbin Adam.I think I smell a premiership medal already.You show Roosy just why his mate Rossy wanted you as a Saint.Just think,you are moving to AFL vegas where you won't be able to walk down the street without being recognised.It's a completely different ball game in Vic.

Bloody Hell
13th October 2007, 08:53 AM
A player who had alot...except self belief. I hope he finds it at the Saints.

LittleSchneider
13th October 2007, 09:54 AM
stupid trade and to sell him for only pick 26 is an insult. Clearly Lyons rates Schneids and Roos doesnt. Why is it in every trade week under Roos thus far we have had royal @@@@@@ ups, we are yet to get a decent player.

What has angered me the most is that in an article when he talks about "the toughest decision of his coachinf career" in the same breath he acknowledges that our list is ageing - yet he sells off two youngsters with bright futures that have a lot more to give. If he wanted to make a hard decision he should have asked Leo Barry and/or Crouch to retire to take the pressure off the salary cap (even though we were given an extra $680,000 by the AFL at the start of this year to ease that pressure.... so what happened boys???).

There just had to be a better option than saving bloody Jude Bolton who gives us nothing.

Smash them at the Saints Schneids - Ill still be watching... and hoping that maybe in a year or two he can transfer back.

elroy67
13th October 2007, 10:20 AM
Why is it in every trade week under Roos thus far we have had royal @@@@@@ ups, we are yet to get a decent player.

I'm a bit tired of this line.

The Swans are having their greatest period of sustained success since the 1930's under Roos.

Martin Mattner is a good player and highly rated by Crows fans.

law78
13th October 2007, 11:59 AM
Dear Adam,

I am very sorry to see you leave the Swans. Thanks for some great memories, especially those three final quarter goals in the 2005 PF. You're spunk and excitement will be missed by many of us Swans supporters. I wish you all the best at St Kilda (unless you're playing Sydney of course).

Schneider.

All the best with the saints mate. The decision to trade you was an absolute disgrace. I look forward to watching you next year at the Telstra Dome, in the red, white and black. However, please dont start playing till Round 2. I f you do play round 1, I hope they put Bevan on you and you kick a bag against him.

Stick it in Roosy's face mate

Casey36
13th October 2007, 12:08 PM
Bad year by his standards

But really his season was just as bad as Hall's. And it was affected by injury like Hall.

So should we boot him off as well?

I'm still in shock man a load of turd really.

Yeah, obviously this hasen't been his best year cause we've all seen what he is capable of. But, when you look at the stats that Sanecow posted, hes done alright.

But, no point questioning anything now, the Saints have got him. ;)

melb_swan012
13th October 2007, 02:32 PM
I am so upset to see you go. I know this year wasn't the best but i think trading you was a totally crap decision. Gonna miss the excitement and spark you bring to the team. The only joy im getting out of the trade is that my housemate is a dead keen sainter and drags me to most of the saints game - ill be there with my swannies jumper cheering you all the way. Stick it up em matey!

connolly
13th October 2007, 02:46 PM
Schneider.

All the best with the saints mate. The decision to trade you was an absolute disgrace. I look forward to watching you next year at the Telstra Dome, in the red, white and black. However, please dont start playing till Round 2. I f you do play round 1, I hope they put Bevan on you and you kick a bag against him.

Stick it in Roosy's face mate

It will be Mattner. Interesting to watch Mattner run out of the backline with Thomas the Tank Engine trying to catch him. Bevo will be nailing down a saint midfielder

ScottH
13th October 2007, 03:00 PM
stupid trade and to sell him for only pick 26 is an insult. Clearly Lyons rates Schneids and Roos doesnt. Why is it in every trade week under Roos thus far we have had royal @@@@@@ ups, we are yet to get a decent player.
Spida was a stupid Trade?
You need to take your rose coloured glasses off.

melb_swan012
13th October 2007, 03:12 PM
Spida was a stupid Trade?
You need to take your rose coloured glasses off.

He hasn't exactly set the world on fire this year. He has played maybe 6 good games. I don't think he was worth it really.

NMWBloods
13th October 2007, 03:15 PM
He hasn't exactly set the world on fire this year. He has played maybe 6 good games. I don't think he was worth it really.
Finished 6th in the B&F.

573v30
13th October 2007, 03:21 PM
He hasn't exactly set the world on fire this year. He has played maybe 6 good games. I don't think he was worth it really. I suppose you'd rather have Torture and Donkey in the ruck. :eek: :eek: :eek:

melb_swan012
13th October 2007, 03:26 PM
The only game I though Spider did really really well in was the Hawks game. Pity every game cant be a hawthorn game. I met him the other week at our local shopping centre and he is a lovely bloke though! He signed my cast :D

melb_swan012
13th October 2007, 03:30 PM
I suppose you'd rather have Torture and Donkey in the ruck. :eek: :eek: :eek:

I didn't say that - I just expected spida to be a bit better and more dominant in some games. Maybe i just have really really high expectations! Cant make wine out of water i guess :p

Gary
13th October 2007, 06:29 PM
Is it possible to understand this sacking?
Is it even slightly possible that Playfair can be another B2...I don't think so.
How did we win a premiership...well they can't take it back...can they?

Kel Fan
13th October 2007, 09:06 PM
Best of luck Schneider. Kick arse at the Saints.:)

cruiser
13th October 2007, 11:53 PM
This thread was intended as a good bye and thanks to Schneider, not for bating by some who should know better and consequent squabling. Could a moderator please delete all off topics posts.

Hazcam
14th October 2007, 02:08 AM
Yeah, obviously this hasen't been his best year cause we've all seen what he is capable of. But, when you look at the stats that Sanecow posted, hes done alright.

But, no point questioning anything now, the Saints have got him.

i know they do and i hope roosy learns his lesson when the saints pummel them.

normally i think of trade week as just end of season formalities but this one has really put the fire in my belly.

dempster and schneids ffs mate.

they should get rid of: matthews, crouch, barry, j bolton

guys like: bevan, demps, scheids, jack, brennan im sure we can make them into better players.

schneider had 1 bad year which really was a victim of his own standards.

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Hazcam
14th October 2007, 02:13 AM
This thread was intended as a good bye and thanks to Schneider, not for bating by some who should know better and consequent squabling. Could a moderator please delete all off topics posts.

R you serious ?
Why be such a tool for.
If Adam Schneider saw this thread and read the transcripts I'm sure he'd be humbled by how much we rate him and I'm a big Swans fan as much as the next person and I genuinely want him to cane us with the skills he dishes out to other teams. I think those who write that and vent their anger at the trade decision are showing how much they'll miss the guy.

The guy is electirc and skills like that are not taught they are built into the player naturally.

jenky28
14th October 2007, 09:21 PM
Dear Schneider,

Sorry to see you go mate! You were an excellent player for our team and i for 1 will miss you dearly!
Wishing you all the best of luck with your new club and with your 100th game approaching in 2 games time!

All the best again!

Jenky28!

woo
14th October 2007, 09:26 PM
oh boy....I just got back from a few days away and see this. I am so sad. I am really a big fan of ole schneides...

Sad day for the swans...and the worst bit of this trade system is that we can't give him a proper farewell and he has served the club very well. I hpe he is happy at melbs and at st kilda (but not too happy!)

giant
14th October 2007, 09:30 PM
Good call - a joy to watch when he was on song and his debut year was as exciting as I can remember from a Swan. Best of luck at the Saints.

swantastic
14th October 2007, 09:40 PM
Sorry to see you go Schneiderman,i wish you the best of luck but not against the Swans.

Maureenjenkin
15th October 2007, 05:07 PM
Good luck Adam for the next phase of your career with the saints, I will be cheering you on and I'm hoping that it all goes well for you. I know you always tried hard and gave your best to the swans, I am especially going to miss seeing that tongue poking out of your mouth when you are in deep concentration - I was sure one day you would bite it off!!

Cheers

Maureen Jenkin

schneidermania
17th October 2007, 12:14 PM
I have needed time to get over this. I remember seeing Schneids in reserves after a heard a rap from him from one of the runners saying he is a NSW boy with talent...and after wathcing him thought gee he has some left boot and soem spark, he got into firsts and turned into being a great player and very important for the chemistry in our team... I am not sure his style of play is replaceable especially with the ageing team we have, definately one we may regret letting go.

My 'no its Schneids' call will no longer be heard when people confused him with Amon...
My yell from the Noble Concourse of 'Go Schneids' has forever been retired unfortunately...

Good luck at the Saints Adam you are a champ...