PDA

View Full Version : Buckleys views on Captain Kirk

ItsAllGoodes
20th December 2007, 08:46 PM
Official Website of the Australian Football League > News Article > Bucks salutes Captain Kirk (http://www.afl.com.au/Season2007/News/NewsArticle/tabid/208/Default.aspx?newsId=54430)

Just in case people miss this hidden away in AFL News

swantastic
20th December 2007, 09:38 PM
Good on ya Bucks,but we already knew.

originalswan
21st December 2007, 08:09 AM
It is great that the football public as a whole also have the utmost respect for this great leader. He may not be the most gifted but he simply does not have a peer in terms of leadership qualities and dedication to the team.

Also must be noted that he has finished in the top 2 of the B & F for something like 5 years in a row. In a period where the club has had success that alone shows his worth. That's consistency!!!

ScottH
21st December 2007, 08:18 AM
Article summary:

I'm great, but a crap leader.
Kirks is crap, but a great leader.

hammo
21st December 2007, 09:06 AM
Time for Roos to snap Buckley up as an assistant coach. Buckley see up close what Kirk is all about as our midfield coach.

ScottH
21st December 2007, 09:42 AM
Time for Roos to snap Buckley up as an assistant coach. Buckley see up close what Kirk is all about as our midfield coach.
Buckley is contracted to the AIS. Not sure if he would be able to be snapped up as a full time assistant.

Industrial Fan
21st December 2007, 09:53 AM
That, and the player doesn't necessarily make the coach.

As far as the thread, well we all love the Colonel. He is possibly up for promotion again this year.

AnnieH
21st December 2007, 10:26 AM

From your mouth to god's ears Hammo.
Can you imagine it??
We'd be the untouchables.

Claret
21st December 2007, 10:27 AM
Buckley is contracted to the AIS. Not sure if he would be able to be snapped up as a full time assistant.

If Buckley's manager had any sense then there would be a clause in the AIS contract allowing him to leave for an AFL job.

AnnieH
21st December 2007, 10:34 AM
What a love fest.

Buckly and hippy sitting in a tree ... k.i.s.s.i.n.g.

liz
21st December 2007, 10:47 AM

If Buckley's manager had any sense then there would be a clause in the AIS contract allowing him to leave for an AFL job.

That presumes an AFL job is better than the AIS job - or that Buckley perceives an AFL job as being better than his current role.

I've never warmed much to Buckley but I think he is a pretty smart operator. I am sure he has mapped out a pathway for himself to a senior AFL job, not just in terms of maximising his chances of one day getting such a job (I'll be amazed if the opportunities don't come his way) but moreso in terms of what he'll have learned along the way to maximise his chances of becoming a successful AFL coach.

ScottH
21st December 2007, 12:48 PM

If Buckley's manager had any sense then there would be a clause in the AIS contract allowing him to leave for an AFL job.His contract there expires the same time as Malthouse's does at the pies!!

But I would imagine you may be right Claret.