PDA

View Full Version : 2007 Scorecard - #30 Lewis Roberts-Thomson

BeeEmmAre
31st December 2007, 02:19 PM
We finally saw him at the end of the season? Should he have got back sooner? How important was his absence? How much more improvement does he need to find?

Rate away.

1st January 2008, 09:54 AM
Easily our biggest hole we tried to patch up all year.
With Bazza down for most part , The Hyphen was our main loss of the year.
Bolts & Leo for most weeks play out of their weight division and LRT is our big man in defence against bigger key forwards. Its a credit to what Leo & Bolts were able to do for most part. Will make a huge difference to us this year.
Cant be rated on one game.

RogueSwan
1st January 2008, 02:30 PM
1/10 God didn't we miss the (fit) unco unit. Not the busted foot version.

liz
1st January 2008, 03:59 PM
3/10

His 3 senior games for the year were pretty reasonable for someone who had been out for so long. He was far from our worst in the two Pies games, while the whole team was magnificent in round 22.

The fact he took so long to get over his foot injury was a disappointment, however. And also so was the fact that when he returned to reserve grade footy he never really dominated in the way a player with his senior experience should. It is hard to judge a key defender in the Canberra league but he was played all over the ground and rarely grasped a game and really took it on.

However I disagree with the poster above who says we never really missed him. I reckon his importance to the backline structure is understated and am looking forward to him playing a whole season in 2008.

573v30
1st January 2008, 04:15 PM
2/10 - Only played 2 games as he was out for the majority of the season with a foot injury and didn't contribute much. Hopefully, he'll do much better next year when fully fit and fill the gap that was present in the backline for much of 2007.

swantastic
1st January 2008, 05:10 PM
4/10 because the two games he played they were servicable,not like a few others in the team.

royboy42
1st January 2008, 06:32 PM
His big man power is a huge plus on our undersized backline, and with Leo slowing, Lewie's role this year will assume more importance. Keep our fingers crossed that his foot is 100% now...4/10 only due to unfitness

goswannie14
1st January 2008, 06:33 PM
3/10. 1 for each game he played.

Jewels
1st January 2008, 08:46 PM
5/10

It seemed to take forever to get him back in the team but I thought he was pretty good when he finally did return.

ScottH
2nd January 2008, 08:05 PM
2/10. Hard to judge on so little seen game time.

BeeEmmAre
9th January 2008, 12:26 PM
We missed him badly when he was out with the structure of the backline - it just left too much for Bolton and Barry to do, especially with Kennelly down as well.
It was LRT's absence that resulted in the defensive experiments of Brennan and Grundy - we need LRT fit and firing.
On what he did do - he was certainly not at fault for the two Collingwood losses, and the Hawks game, the defence hardly got a look in.

2.5/10 - with the expectation of a much higher mark in 2008.

AnnieH
9th January 2008, 12:32 PM
6/10

I know he didn't play much.
He scores extra points because we miss him when he's not there. That's gotta count for something.

BeeEmmAre
9th January 2008, 01:30 PM
Lewis Roberts-Thomson scorecard

1, 3, 2, 4, 4, 3, 5, 2, 2.5, 6

Total score = 32.5/100

Average = 3.25/10

Roberts-Thomson fails.

Justice
10th January 2008, 10:05 PM
2.5 / 10

When Roberts-Thompson tries to think about what he is doing he reminds me of Beaker from the Muppets!

Is really an ongoing project player. Did nothing all year because of injury and realitivily poor form in the two's.

Given the derth of big bodied backmen on the list, if he is fit he will be given plenty of games in 2008.

Cheers

Justice

RogueSwan
11th January 2008, 09:09 AM
... However I disagree with the poster above who says we never really missed him. I reckon his importance to the backline structure is understated and am looking forward to him playing a whole season in 2008.
That is what I said
1/10 God didn't we miss the (fit) unco unit. Not the busted foot version.

BeeEmmAre
13th January 2008, 09:37 PM
Lewis Roberts-Thomson scorecard

1, 3, 2, 4, 4, 3, 5, 2, 2.5, 6, 2.5

Total score = 35/110

Average = 3.18/10

Roberts-Thomson fails.

JF_Bay22_SCG
26th July 2008, 01:09 AM
http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/group.php?gid=19327850016

JF :D

573v30
26th July 2008, 01:37 AM
They sure are some deluded individuals...

Triple B
26th July 2008, 10:37 AM
:D :D These are actually quite clever....sad, but clever.

The 30 Rules of LRT

1 - There are 3 types of footballers: those with skill, those without, and LRT who?s greatness deserves its own footballing-ability category
2 - A champion team will always beat a team of champions, a team of LRTs would beat them both and impregnate all of their girlfriends
3 - The era of the dominant full forward ended in the nineties because they knew LRT was coming
4 - When LRT sings the club song, angels weep
5 - When LRT kicks the ball, the ball winces
6 - Most footballers run from point A to point B, in LRT's case point A and point B run to him out of respect
7 - Behind every good man is a woman and behind every good woman is LRT - quite literally sometimes
8 - AFL draft camp attendees, when measured for their decision making skills are measured in fractions of LRT
9 - There's only one Tony Lockett, unless you count LRT; then there are two and a half
10 - LRT didn't QUIT rugby to play AFL, he was politely asked to leave
11 - LRT scrubs his teeth with tar because they're too white
12 - LRT is the Swiss army knife of human beings
13 - When LRT gets his hair cut the hairdresser sells the clippings to a jeweller and promptly retires
14 - A small amount of LRTs time every day is dedicated to millions of starving children
15 - God didn't rest on the seventh day, LRT took over and made beer, nachos, breasts and top gun
16 - LRT doesn?t have a degree, he has 360 degrees
17 - I can?t believe its not butter, but I can believe its LRT
18 - A single LRT can hold 100 times more information than HD DVD and is pirate resistant, he is feared in Asia
19 - If LRT were a sandwich he'd be an LRT - with the lot and be sought after by carnivores, herbivores and coeliac disease sufferers
20 - There are no such things as straight lines - just hyphens of varied length
21 - Actions speak louder than words, but LRT?s hyphen speaks louder than actions
22 - LRT?s hyphen contains three deserts, a grassy tundra, two salt lakes and the original inhabitants of Easter Island plus a list of every positive adjective created in every language ever
23 - The great wall of China was not originally a fortress but a scrappily made hyphen built to commemorate less than 7 centuries until the arrival of LRT to our world
24 - Every sportsperson to ever wear the number 30 wore it as a tribute to LRT, every one to not wear it didn?t feel worthy
25 - LRT has a great step for a man, he's an even bigger step for mankind
26 - What LRT lacks in depth perception he makes up for in other ways only perceivable to someone with the talents of LRT, which is nobody
27 - LRT's house has no electricity, he simply lights up all rooms with his presence, hence all Sydney Swans games played at night do not require lighting, just one LRT will suffice
28 - When LRT wears a bandaid it's never to cover an injury, its to cover a love bite
29 - Every 'mistake' LRT makes on the football field is merely a ploy to give the opposition a false sense of security, it?s the coaches orders, which were in fact LRT?s orders originally
30 - It doesn?t matter if you're black or white; what matters is if you're LRT.

goswannie14
26th July 2008, 11:56 AM
They made me laugh, but I couldn't bring myself to join the group though. I'm not quite that much of a tragic when it come to the Swans.:eek: