PDA

View Full Version : 2007 Scorecard - #37 Adam Goodes

AnnieH
9th January 2008, 09:12 AM
Ah bugger the ressies ... let's get back to the real talent.(clap)

Rate away ...

ScottH
9th January 2008, 09:31 AM
1st half of season 2/10.
2nd half of season + Final 10/10

Gives and overall 6/10 and still managed to poll well in the Brownlow and win the TLM.

(Copied from the stupid ROk scorecard, been waiting a long time to post this.)

Hopefully the 2008 Co-Captaincy will make him a much better player. (We can hope)

AnnieH
9th January 2008, 09:50 AM
Hopefully the 2008 Co-Captaincy will make him a much better player. (We can hope)

Has the co-captain been announced?
WHAT?
Why wasn't I told?

Lucky Knickers
9th January 2008, 09:59 AM
10/10
The other pillar holding up the swans this year (along with B2 and Kirky).
I have so much admiration for Goodesy. Having such a poor start to 2007 season, getting charged at the tribunal, etc, he could easily have wallowed but he gritted his teeth and turned his season around to have an another outstanding year. He is such a glorious player to watch and I feel lucky to be able to watch his career. I will be talking about him for years.
His goal when he burst out of the middle and kicked truly against Hawks in Round 22 was superb.

ScottH
9th January 2008, 10:10 AM

Has the co-captain been announced?
WHAT?
Why wasn't I told?Hope.

Plugger46
9th January 2008, 10:15 AM
Woeful for the first half of the season.

In the top 2 or 3 in the competition in the second half of the year.

7/10 overall.

RogueSwan
9th January 2008, 10:23 AM
9/10. He made up for his ordinary start. Let's hope he has his @@@@ together right from the start this year.

BeeEmmAre
9th January 2008, 12:58 PM
Without a doubt has to lose marks for his first half of the season IMO, but his recovery to reach the levels we all know he is capable of within the same year is the proof we have a future Hall Of Fame Legend on our hands.
A full season like the second half of 2007 and I am certain we will be celebrating on Brownlow night in 2008.

7.5/10.

Margie
9th January 2008, 01:35 PM
Love watching him play, he's now one of the elite in the AFL.

9.5/10 for me.

(Most of the average marks are so low, we'll have more fails than passes).

Jeffers1984
9th January 2008, 01:47 PM
unbelievable turnaround from Goodesy. Would of won his third charlie had he not had a brain explosion in the first half of the season

8/10

AnnieH
9th January 2008, 03:24 PM

As I'm voting without using my obvious bias ... I deducted 0.1 for the "brain explosion".

We are so lucky to have a player of his class. Players like Goodsey don't come around every day.

TheGrimReaper
9th January 2008, 04:00 PM
A total football god. :D 9.5/10

goswannie14
9th January 2008, 04:13 PM
Goodesy, for me is the hardest one to mark for the year. His season was in two distinct halves, seperated with a brain explosion. If he had played the whole year like the last part of it he would have got a 10 from me. But the earlier part of the season brings it back to 8/10.

9th January 2008, 06:08 PM
Stood with a whole heap of Collingwood muppets in the final, and they were amazed how good Goodsey is .They hadnt seen him live in Melbourne and couldnt believe how big ,strong & athletic he was.
Just as when I saw Juddy the first time in Perth live , watching games on TV doesnt show what there workrate is like.
Really hope he will be Co Captain with Kirky as he really is our gun superstar.
Sure had a bad start to the year, but as a true champion does picked himself up and went bang. Imagine if we didnt have him in those games against the pies. One of the premier players in the comp without doubt
8/10:adore :adore

swantastic
9th January 2008, 06:30 PM
Women trouble for the first half of the season,but what do you expect from women so 2/10.

Second half of the season was phenomenal he is a pure genius 11/10

Al tho a lot of opposition supporters reckon he's crap and he only won 2 Brownlows because he's an aborigine and he's from the Swans.:rolleyes:

Nico
9th January 2008, 07:26 PM
8/10 - Pity some of his overrated mates didn't rise to the occasion in the second half of the season. He must have winced everytime some of those donkeys turned it over or failed to go hard enough for the pill.

573v30
9th January 2008, 07:34 PM
8/10 - His first quarter of the season was poor and clearly shown against Melbourne but eventually turned it around and had a sensational second half with plenty of Brownlow votes and best-on-ground performances. If he was consistent throughout 2007, he would've easily won the Brownlow for a 3rd time and given a perfect 10/10. Hopefully 2008 will be the year.

swantastic
9th January 2008, 07:38 PM
8/10 - His first quarter of the season was poor and clearly shown against Melbourne but eventually turned it around and had a sensational second half with plenty of Brownlow votes and best-on-ground performances. If he was consistent throughout 2007, he would've easily won the Brownlow for a 3rd time and given a perfect 10/10. Hopefully 2008 will be the year.Spot on G-man,Annie will love ya for saying that.

ScottH
9th January 2008, 09:09 PM

As I'm voting without using my obvious bias ... I deducted 0.1 for the "brain explosion".

We are so lucky to have a player of his class. Players like Goodsey don't come around every day.
You shoulda deducted about 1.0. He had many brain explosions in the 1st part of the year.

bedford
9th January 2008, 09:23 PM
now one of the greatest swans ever,poor start but was the afl no.1 for the second half.

9/10

reigning premier
9th January 2008, 09:50 PM
7.5/10

If he had played the first 10 games as well as he played the last 12 he would of got an 11 from me ;) But he didn't.

Has the ability to be the best Swan of ALL time. Yes, including Kelly, Skilton, Lockett, etc, etc. But will he live up to that? Only time will tell.

Pay attention people, you might one day be telling your grand kids about how you saw "The great, 4-time brownlow winning, 3-time premiership player, 3-time all australian captain, Adam Goodes play footy". You may not, but it could happen.

AnnieH
10th January 2008, 09:20 AM
8/10 - His first quarter of the season was poor and clearly shown against Melbourne but eventually turned it around and had a sensational second half with plenty of Brownlow votes and best-on-ground performances. If he was consistent throughout 2007, he would've easily won the Brownlow for a 3rd time and given a perfect 10/10. Hopefully 2008 will be the year.Spot on G-man,Annie will love ya for saying that.

Had he not been a complete dill in the first couple of months of the season (yeah, I oughta find that bitch and slap her down for treating him like a dog - how dare she!!) ... he WOULD have won the brownlow ... by a huge margin to the second player in line - hands-down-mezzaire. I think he's learnt his lesson. If they make him a co-Captain - he will definately win the charlie this year. You know I'm always right!!:)

AnnieH
10th January 2008, 09:22 AM

You shoulda deducted about 1.0. He had many brain explosions in the 1st part of the year.

... careful, you'll get a smack on your ample bottom talking like that!!:rofl

I can't take a whole point of Goodsey. I tried. I just couldn't do it to a player of his class and calibre.
:adore :adore

ScottH
10th January 2008, 10:03 AM

... careful, you'll get a smack on your ample bottom talking like that!!:rofl

I can't take a whole point of Goodsey. I tried. I just couldn't do it to a player of his class and calibre.
:adore :adoreWell my point was, there was more than one brain explosion.

Zlatorog
10th January 2008, 09:33 PM
6.5/10

Came too late to the party.

liz
10th January 2008, 10:14 PM
7/10 - judged against his own standards.

Most players can only dream at the prospect of playing the kind of football that he did in the second half of the year. To have Collingwood fans drooling over the performance of a Swans player is rare indeed, but that is what many of them were doing after his r21 game, in particular.

But a guy with his ability should belong in the company of the Vosses, Harveys, Hirds, Buckleys of this world when he retires, and if he retired tomorrow he would fall short. The ability of those blokes to play season after season after season of football close to their best sets them apart. It is frustrating that Adam's not been able to do that so far in his career.

Jewels
13th January 2008, 08:28 PM
8/10

BeeEmmAre
13th January 2008, 10:01 PM
Adam Goodes scorecard

6, 10, 7, 9, 7.5, 9.5, 8, 9.9, 9.5, 8, 8, 6.5*, 8, 8, 9, 7.5, 6.5, 7, 8

Total score = 152.9/190

Average = 8.05/10

Goodes passes with flying colours

*I read swantastic's mark as 13/20 - 6.5/10.

Justice
16th January 2008, 09:18 AM
As noted by others, season 2007 needs to be looked at in two halves for Goodes. 2.5/5 for round 1 to 10 and 5/5 for round 11 to 22 = 7.5/10.

I love watching him play to 40 tonne elephant role (ie going where he wants). Reads the ball very well in flight and takes plenty of marks from oppositions kicks. Having said that he then often clanger kicks it straight back or out of bounds.

When on song he is in the elite of the elite in the AFL.

Cheers

Justice

Big Al
16th January 2008, 08:47 PM

Agree Annie, however I will deduct 0.9 points because I don't give marks because their hot.;) 9/10

bedford
16th January 2008, 10:38 PM
7/10 - judged against his own standards.

Most players can only dream at the prospect of playing the kind of football that he did in the second half of the year. To have Collingwood fans drooling over the performance of a Swans player is rare indeed, but that is what many of them were doing after his r21 game, in particular.

But a guy with his ability should belong in the company of the Vosses, Harveys, Hirds, Buckleys of this world when he retires, and if he retired tomorrow he would fall short. The ability of those blokes to play season after season after season of football close to their best sets them apart. It is frustrating that Adam's not been able to do that so far in his career.
Liz your posts are very well respected by all,but you are a tad harsh on goodsy.
if he played for a melbourne club he would be huge.he had apoor start to the season yes but in many years of watching our club,his second half of the year was better than any i have seen,and that goes back over forty years.
remember he won a charlie playing as a ruckman against giants.
he should be the next captain after kirky.

BeeEmmAre
18th January 2008, 10:51 PM
Adam Goodes scorecard

6, 10, 7, 9, 7.5, 9.5, 8, 9.9, 9.5, 8, 8, 6.5*, 8, 8, 9, 7.5, 6.5, 7, 8, 7.5, 9

Total score = 169.4/210

Average = 8.07/10

Goodes passes with flying colours