PDA

View Full Version : Second development coach for Swans

ScottH
11th January 2008, 10:00 PM
Second development coach for Swans (http://sydneyswans.com.au/Season2007/News/NewsArticle/tabid/7106/Default.aspx?newsId=54558)

Former Sydney Swans player Daniel McPherson has joined the club to help develop the next generation of stars

ScottH
11th January 2008, 10:03 PM
Yeah, Frosty returns.

Robbo
11th January 2008, 11:23 PM
Nice stuff.

But I cbf with all this @@@@ anymore. I just want to see some footy :mad:

bedford
11th January 2008, 11:40 PM
another job for the sydney boys.it's about time we brought some fresh blood in

Bear
13th January 2008, 11:19 PM
hmmm. Alison always had great footy smarts
Frosty had none, so not sure how he'll go coachnig

satchmopugdog
14th January 2008, 04:39 AM
Only saw Alison play live once for the Swans and that was in a reserves game. Tadhg was in his first year here so I was interested to watch him, but I became fascinated by Alison. His footy brain and experience stood out a mile and he was effectively Captain/Coach. I was very impressed. Don't know what he is like as a person but he seems a better coaching prospect than Cresswell for example.
Frosty Macpherson always came across as a nice enough bloke and it is good that he has stuck with the club. There needs to be a development of NSW players after footy to ingrain Aussie rules into the general psyche of NSW.

Jeffers1984
14th January 2008, 08:20 AM
Time to bring out the "Frosties Flank" sign from the cobwebs.

Bas
14th January 2008, 08:31 AM
Well he did get knocked out in a game by a kick from Ricky Mott.
So he has definately been there and done that.

AnnieH
14th January 2008, 10:01 AM
There's a job for the boys if I ever saw one!!

Jeffers1984
14th January 2008, 10:23 AM
Well he did get knocked out in a game by a kick from Ricky Mott.
So he has definately been there and done that.

That was a beauty from Ricky! Absolute mule of a kick straight into Frosty's head.

Youtube footage of that would be funny.

We were downright horrid that game and to think we won the premiership 3 years after!

Pace To Burn
14th January 2008, 11:05 AM
There's a job for the boys if I ever saw one!!

I think you guys should at least give him a chance. He was quite successful when he coached at senior level for Nth Shore in the local comp and i believe he has done quiet well with some of the younger development squads also so he may turn out to be ok.

AnnieH
14th January 2008, 11:07 AM
I think you guys should at least give him a chance. He was quite successful when he coached at senior level for Nth Shore in the local comp and i believe he has done quiet well with some of the younger development squads also so he may turn out to be ok.

Sorry. I didn't know Frosty has been out coaching.
In that case ... yes, time will tell.

bedford
14th January 2008, 11:56 AM
coaching north shore is a bit different to coaching young afl players.saying that i always liked him as a player as he gave 100%.

Pace To Burn
14th January 2008, 01:11 PM
coaching north shore is a bit different to coaching young afl players.saying that i always liked him as a player as he gave 100%.

You have to start somewhere. I think that coaching on your own would give you better exp than being one of 30 ass to someone else.

liz
14th January 2008, 01:43 PM
I am pretty sure he's been working as a development coach with the NSW/ACT underage squads for the last year or so...which would seem to be a more than decent grounding for an assistant rookie development role at an AFL club.

AnnieH
14th January 2008, 01:45 PM
All in all, it's good to see the job going to someone who at least knows how to play the game at top level.
Good to see an ex-swannie gainfully employed.