PDA

View Full Version : New SCG Player Facility Upgrades

Cheer Squad mbr
3rd February 2008, 12:22 PM
Yesterday being our first day back into the banner making season we had the opportunity to inspect the new facilities in the player's warm up, change room, ice bath/spa and training areas.
CEO Myles Baron-Hay was kind enough to give me and my fellow Cheer Squaders a tour of all the upgrades and renovations.

The place looks amazing and very modern! Gone is the worn carpet and outdated colours, walls have been knocked down etc, giving the place a well overdue make-over. The Paul Kelly Race looks truly outstanding and befitting of such a great name. It's predominately red, which makes it really stand out. Also I'm pleased to report that the bird's nest in the top right hand corner was left alone and still there. ;)

The change room has been extended to almost twice its previous size and the shower room looks world class with a 9 or 10 metre ice bath. Incidentally, Darren Jolly so far holds the record of 4 laps (with head under water!). The comp is really between himself and Teddy Richards who's currently on 3 laps.

I was also pleased to notice that the mouldy smell at the rear stair exit was also gone. :D
Let's hope they've fixed some of the water leakage issues which we've encountered in the past.

The new carpet certainly made the floor a lot softer and easier on your bare feet but did play tricks with the banner during construction.

The large warm up area has a fresh coat of red paint along its main wall (as is featured throughout) with a very sharp looking Swans logo as its centre-piece.

Hmmm...now that I think about it, I wonder why I didn't take any photos?! lol. Anyway, we'll be back there in a couple of weeks so maybe I'll take them then. ;)

thejones,s
3rd February 2008, 07:47 PM
Well this cheer squad member did hahahahaha....and i agree there a much needed improvement....am sure players and trainers alike would agree...cya in a cupl weeks..

Nico
3rd February 2008, 07:54 PM
But will having all these facilities get Jude Bolton fit enough to play in the midfield.

thejones,s
3rd February 2008, 08:10 PM
thats a tough question..but one would hope that jude will make that decision..i know they have been training hard in the off season..

swantastic
3rd February 2008, 08:33 PM
thats a tough question..but one would hope that jude will make that decision..i know they have been training hard in the off season..That hasnt helped Jude in the past.

reigning premier
3rd February 2008, 10:57 PM
I was kinda hoping that they may install a decent toilet or construct a bar and/or concession stand that would actually be capable of serving more than two customers in any five minute period.

Knew I was asking too much.

reigning premier
3rd February 2008, 11:01 PM
... snip.....
CEO Myles Baron-Hay was kind enough to give me and my fellow Cheer Squaders a tour of all the upgrades and renovations.

...snip... Incidentally, Darren Jolly so far holds the record of 4 laps (with head under water!). The comp is really between himself and Teddy Richards who's currently on 3 laps.

...snip... Hmmm...now that I think about it, I wonder why I didn't take any photos?! lol.

See.... EVERYONE'S bored out of their mind at the moment....

Cheer Squad mbr
4th February 2008, 12:31 AM
Well this cheer squad member did hahahahaha....and i agree there a much needed improvement....am sure players and trainers alike would agree...cya in a cupl weeks..
Any chance of posting the pics? hehe.
BTW It was good to catch up again. ;)

But will having all these facilities get Jude Bolton fit enough to play in the midfield.
Let's hope so. As we left yesterday, we saw him pull up (in the passenger side) next to the SCG in a yellow Alpha Romeo convertible. Maybe he forgot his boots. :p

See.... EVERYONE'S bored out of their mind at the moment....
lol :D

JF_Bay22_SCG
4th February 2008, 07:51 PM
You guys not making the banners in the cricket centre any more?

I recall we used to make the banners downstairs in the mouldy old change rooms under the Brewongle back in the 80s. Making the GF banner the day after we beat Essendon in 1996 was manic. The players' lockers were still open & everything.

It is good to see that have fixed up the facilities in the Brewongle/Churchill. They were pretty archaic to be honest.

JF

JF_Bay22_SCG
4th February 2008, 07:52 PM

Does fitness improve you kicking somehow? I hope so. :o

JF

Big Al
4th February 2008, 08:14 PM
Does fitness improve you kicking somehow? I hope so. :o

JF

Nope, only skill will do that. Oh well.....

Nico
4th February 2008, 09:05 PM
Any chance of posting the pics? hehe.
BTW It was good to catch up again. ;)

Let's hope so. As we left yesterday, we saw him pull up (in the passenger side) next to the SCG in a yellow Alpha Romeo convertible. Maybe he forgot his boots. :p

lol :D

Was Delta driving the convertible Alpha? He's gone downhill since she dumped him. Surely it wasn't his car he could certainly afford better than that on his $350,000 plus pay rise. Was his pay rise in line with the CPI?

Triple B
4th February 2008, 09:15 PM
Was his pay rise in line with the CPI?

Yep...Crappy Possessions and Ill-judged disposals

He had heaps of 'em. :p

Big Al
4th February 2008, 09:24 PM
Yep...Crappy Possessions and Ill-judged disposals

He had heaps of 'em. :p

LOL :D You're on fire tonight BBB.