PDA

View Full Version : Schneider has a point to prove

ScottH
10th March 2008, 04:29 PM
Source (http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/sport/afl/story/0,26576,23347076-19742,00.html)

FORMER Sydney forward Adam Schneider says he has a point to prove when St Kilda faces his former team in Round 1.

The Saints recruit added a NAB Cup winner's medal to his 2005 premiership with a slashing 22-possession display on Saturday night.

While Schneider bears no grudges towards former coach Paul Roos and the Swans, it was his inability to win a midfield spot that ultimately saw him cleared by Sydney.

Against Adelaide, he played almost exclusively off the wing, and will hit Saturday week's clash against Sydney at Telstra Dome in top form and fitness.

Schneider said he was glad the game against his former club was early in the season.

"I am really looking forward to it. I am excited about the challenge," Schneider said.

"I have got a bit to prove. It is going to help knowing the players on the other team, but I am looking forward to getting off to a good start to the season."

AnnieH
10th March 2008, 04:58 PM
More insider knowledge leaving the fold.
It's as if Ross Lyon didn't get enough before he left.

Matt79
10th March 2008, 05:07 PM
I think this comment by Schneider is very interesting...

"We have got a very young side here and very talented, whereas Sydney have got the old and experienced-type players who were unstoppable in their time," Schneider said.

That very much implies past tense..."In their time". I think he thinks (or knows) we maybe on the decline!

Go Swannies
10th March 2008, 05:11 PM

That very much implies past tense..."In their time". I think he thinks (or knows) we maybe on the decline!

Then again what would you expect him to say?

"We've got some erratic talent at the Saints but we'll always fall short - especially against the proven game-winning abilities of the team that got rid of me."

CureTheSane
10th March 2008, 06:28 PM
"We have got a very young side here and very talented, whereas Sydney have got the old and experienced-type players who were unstoppable in their time," Schneider said.

He may find himself well and truely stopped when he meets his 'old' side.

Silly boy, giving a whole team a 'point to prove' :D

Lucky Knickers
10th March 2008, 08:51 PM
Robert Harvey AND Magilla Gorilla??????

connolly
11th March 2008, 05:51 PM

As I said elesewhere watch the first tackle. Schnieder was recruited by the Sainters to put pressure on that serial malingerer and ferret Milne. Be interesting if they carry both of them throughout the season

reigning premier
11th March 2008, 09:22 PM
He certainly does have something to prove alright.....

But I think in the end, he'll prove the selection commitee here in Sydney right.

originalswan
13th March 2008, 04:53 PM
Robert Harvey AND Magilla Gorilla??????

...and Steven King and Max Hudghton

DeadlyAkkuret
15th March 2008, 04:21 PM
Yep, he's got a point to prove. Let's see if he can prove it for more than 4-6 games during the season, or if he'll just be as inconsistent as he always was.

timthefish
16th March 2008, 09:15 AM
so what's new? he's had this same point to prove for four years.

goswannie14
16th March 2008, 11:44 AM
so what's new? he's had this same point to prove for four years.
and didn't.

snajik
18th March 2008, 01:13 PM
I don't mind running against the herd here. Schneids gave the club great service and played a crucial role in the 05 PF victory; something that I won't be forgetting in a hurry. He was cut due to salary cap issues. We are not dealing with a Rocca / Gaspar scenario here. All the best with your new club Schneiderman but an honest effort will suffice on Saturday night. Nothing too special ok?

reigning premier
18th March 2008, 03:16 PM
I don't mind running against the herd here. Schneids gave the club great service and played a crucial role in the 05 PF victory; something that I won't be forgetting in a hurry. He was cut due to salary cap issues. We are not dealing with a Rocca / Gaspar scenario here. All the best with your new club Schneiderman but an honest effort will suffice on Saturday night. Nothing too special ok?

Fair bump... Play on...

swantastic
19th April 2008, 10:24 PM
I have to say Schneider's been good for the Saints so far,but for mine Moore has been a fantastic replacment for him.

I was sorry to see him go,but i'm over it now.

Jeffers1984
19th April 2008, 10:30 PM
The Dumpster seems to have slotted nicely at the Aints as well.

Despite todays game though

Mattner > Dumpster.

Nico
19th April 2008, 10:55 PM
Who is Schneider? I thought this was a Swans forum.

Reggi
20th April 2008, 08:13 AM
Moving these guys on was clearly a good decision