PDA

View Full Version : Mattner.... After Rd 1

reigning premier
26th March 2008, 11:02 PM
Haven't seen a thread on his performance yet so here's my two cents....

Looked a little Leo Barryesque at times... A bit unsettling really.

But at the same time, he had the intention to keep the ball moving which I thought was pretty positive. Clearly he wasn't aware of the Swans 2007 & 06 game plan of stop the ball at all costs!!! :D

Not overly impressive but not disappointed either... well not yet anyway.. ;)

5/10

liz
26th March 2008, 11:54 PM
There may not be a separate thread but there are oodle of comments on Mattner's game in the matchday thread.

stellation
27th March 2008, 07:52 AM
Clearly he wasn't aware of the Swans 2007 & 06 game plan of stop the ball at all costs!!! :D
Which is what I like about him!

goswannie14
27th March 2008, 08:21 AM
Having been at the game live, there was a lot of work that he did off the ball, as well as trying to cover both his man and Bevans man, he did well, moved the ball quickly, and was prepared to take on the man (and usually beat him). Was happy when we recruited him, am very happy with his first game in the red and white.

swantastic
27th March 2008, 08:30 AM
I like how Mattner's got his own thread,because i reckon he was ok for his 1st game on satde.

I reckon every player should have their own thread.

Captain
27th March 2008, 09:58 AM
I think he played as I expected based on his Adelaide performances. There has been way too much hype about him because of the trade which has resulted in most people over-rating him.

Plugger46
27th March 2008, 10:27 AM
Pretty impressed first-up. Only natural that it will take a few games of the real-stuff to settle in with the new group.

The only thing that I noticed from his Adelaide days was that he seemed to be better off a wing than a HBF or BP. So I'd like to see him played in a more attacking role.

Maybe they had planned to play him there, but with the injury to Malceski, he's been forced to play back.

Jewels
27th March 2008, 03:07 PM
Having been at the game live, there was a lot of work that he did off the ball, as well as trying to cover both his man and Bevans man, he did well, moved the ball quickly, and was prepared to take on the man (and usually beat him). Was happy when we recruited him, am very happy with his first game in the red and white.

I am the same. At the game, I was happy with what he did and also what he was trying to do, so I was really surprised when I got home and read so many negative comments.

ernie koala
27th March 2008, 03:52 PM
Looked lively, likes to play the game at pace, and his first instinct seems to be attack, not defence,....so far so good. We need players with natural attacking intent.

schwattasboots
27th March 2008, 04:15 PM
i thought he was good on saturday night let him settle in to change of clubs and he will be our best recurit

i give him 10/10

Claret
27th March 2008, 05:13 PM
i give him 10/10

Welcome aboard, Marty.

Bear
27th March 2008, 06:18 PM
Haven't seen a thread on his performance yet so here's my two cents....

Looked a little Leo Barryesque at times...

Hmmm... well if he's leading the B&F after mid year like Leo was last year (before his hammy injury) he'll be a fantastic pick up.

By then you'll be able to give two dollars worth...