PDA

View Full Version : Why is Terry Wallace considered such a good coach?

Bloody Hell
30th March 2008, 10:17 AM
I'm more of a runs on the board kind of guy...Why is he rated so highly?

BSA5
30th March 2008, 10:42 AM
He's not, is he? I certainly don't rate him, and I don't know of anybody else (barring Richmond fans) who rates him either.

swantastic
30th March 2008, 11:18 AM
I like the solarium kid.

goswannie14
30th March 2008, 05:00 PM
Crap coach of a crap club.

The media love him because he used to do before the game comments when he coached Footscray.

bedford
3rd April 2008, 11:08 PM
He's hardly a crap coach.
he is, what has he ever done,thank god we never got him

cruiser
4th April 2008, 10:14 PM
He's crap. He had a very talented team at the Dogs but ultimately they failed. Most Swans supporters think he's crap and that's why we campaigned for Roos in 2002.

reigning premier
4th April 2008, 10:31 PM
A 56% winning record with the Bulldogs is not "crap".

What's the record at the Tiggers?

ScottH
4th April 2008, 10:34 PM
What's the record at the Tiggers?

8-265

reigning premier
4th April 2008, 10:37 PM
8-265

idiot........

;)

Big Al
4th April 2008, 10:37 PM
8-265

...and those 8 were against Carlton.:rolleyes: ;)

573v30
4th April 2008, 10:38 PM
His tan certainly isn't helping his coaching.

573v30
5th April 2008, 08:29 PM
Terry Tan's winning record with the Tiggers is 37.5% after their woeful 2007 season.

goswannie14
5th April 2008, 10:51 PM
He had a decent team and he had a decent record. In 1997 and 1998 they lost in the prelim against the eventual premier.
I'm not sure if that specific group is the greatest arbiter of who is a good coach and who isn't, and I'm not sure if it is 'most' either.

Pretty ordinary but then again they have a pretty ordinary side. One bad stint doesn't make a decent coach crap.Inversely one good stint doesn't make a crap coach decent.

ernie koala
5th April 2008, 11:56 PM
Yet another way overrated favourite son of the Melbourne media.:rolleyes:

goswannie14
6th April 2008, 05:30 AM
If he's had one good stint and a short bad stint, how can you say that makes him a crap coach? That's illogical.
Isn't he in the fourth year of a five year contract. That isn't really a "short" stint, is it?

goswannie14
6th April 2008, 10:53 AM
Isn't he in the fourth year of a five year contract. That isn't really a "short" stint, is it?

He's coached Richmond for three years. That's what I said didn't I?:confused:

A breakeven coaching record is not 'crap'.I didn't say that. I just don't think he is as good as the media makes out, part of which is because he was part of the media, both when he was coaching Footscray and when he missed out on the Swans job.

BTW, the "inverse" comment was nothing more than pointing out it all depends on how you look at things (ie glass half full/half empty).

goswannie14
6th April 2008, 11:27 AM
I don't think he's as good as the media make out either, but that still doesn't make him "crap", which is all that I've been saying.
We agree on that. Unfortunately it's the old thing of someone either being crap or good, there is no in between.

TheHood
10th April 2008, 03:59 PM
Plough is not liked at all.

Has there ever been a senior coach in the system as long as he has been who has NOT delivered a flag? Daniher is the only one I can think of.

I heard recently this morning that last week the PR people at Punt Road had promoted some AusKick one morning on the oval and Plough had it cancelled to preserve the precious turf (already a write off) insinuating the 35 kilo kids were going to cause untold damage to the surface.

Anyway, he's damned if he do and he's stuffed if he don't. Already Plough's best option is to tank 2008 for decent key position players, however another losing season and surely they HAVE to sack him for 2009.

Zlatorog
10th April 2008, 04:41 PM
Plough is not liked at all.

Has there ever been a senior coach in the system as long as he has been who has NOT delivered a flag? Daniher is the only one I can think of.
...snip...

Rodney Eade could also be one of them.

10th April 2008, 08:13 PM
Dont like him , glad we never got him.
We would never of got what we did with Wallace at the helm.
Is he a good coach though ??
Dont know, Richmonds recruiting of players has been abysmal to say the least of recycled players and high draft picks.
Sure he would of had a role in that though Greg Miller is the culprit here.