PDA

View Full Version : Jude Bolton

Mike_B
13th April 2008, 08:53 AM
While he isn't yet performing at the level I would like to see from him, I will give him credit that he has definitely stepped it up from his play of the last few seasons. Credit to him for that.Would him being mentioned prominently as trade bait have resulted in him finally waking up and realising he needed to pull the finger out? You'd think so....but why oh why does it take a situation as precarious as that for him to actually wake up to himself???

Zlatorog
13th April 2008, 09:09 AM
Some players are sacred cows. They think their position in the team is always safe. I personally blame Roos for that.

giant
13th April 2008, 09:59 AM
Jude had a ripper game last night as he did vs Port. he knows he's playing for his career and he's finally playing like it.

Triple B
13th April 2008, 10:04 AM
I thought he was one of our quietest in the first half, but to his credit his second half was as good as he's played for a long time.

13th April 2008, 10:19 AM
Bolts was pretty good last night, exept for that one handball !!
He was hard at it for most of the night and had a good 2nd Half
Very good start to the year for Jude.:cool:

ScottH
13th April 2008, 12:37 PM
Just needs to learn to hit targets. Even ones that are 2 metres away.

premiers05
13th April 2008, 12:55 PM
While he isn't yet performing at the level I would like to see from him, I will give him credit that he has definitely stepped it up from his play of the last few seasons. Credit to him for that.Would him being mentioned prominently as trade bait have resulted in him finally waking up and realising he needed to pull the finger out? You'd think so....but why oh why does it take a situation as precarious as that for him to actually wake up to himself???

You can tell he is serious this year - he has taken the blond highlights out of his hair. He is now a brunette. He doesn't look as pretty but boy he's playing well.

shaun..
13th April 2008, 01:07 PM
You can tell he is serious this year - he has taken the blond highlights out of his hair. He is now a brunette. He doesn't look as pretty but boy he's playing well.
It's hard to distinguish him with his new hair..

Triple B
13th April 2008, 01:12 PM
The girls in our group want to know what his natural colour is. Is he the blond we have always known and decided to go brown, or has he been hitting up the peroxide the last 10 years?

Anybody?

BSA5
13th April 2008, 10:56 PM
I thought the WC game was his first good game of the season. Even though he picked up quite a few possessions against Port, he was just.... limp, I guess you would say. He never looked dangerous. He hardly stood out at all. And the other two matches, he wasn't great. Two bad matches, an average match and a good match isn't exactly ground breaking, even for the Jude of recent years.

bedford
13th April 2008, 11:08 PM
Just needs to learn to hit targets. Even ones that are 2 metres away.
do you actually support or like anyone in our team

NMWBloods
13th April 2008, 11:11 PM
I thought the WC game was his first good game of the season. Even though he picked up quite a few possessions against Port, he was just.... limp, I guess you would say. He never looked dangerous. He hardly stood out at all. And the other two matches, he wasn't great. Two bad matches, an average match and a good match isn't exactly ground breaking, even for the Jude of recent years.
I also thought it was his best game for the season. However needs to get more of the ball, be more damaging and do it earlier in the game.

Industrial Fan
13th April 2008, 11:12 PM
he looked like America's funnyman on Saturday.

I thought it was the best game I'd seen him play for a long time.

ScottH
14th April 2008, 07:32 AM

FFS. Do you read all my posts, or only the ones where I offer criticism of players attributes?
Do you actually watch the games with both eyes open?

Jude has always been a favourite of mine. Go back in history I'm sure you'll find posts of my where I stuck up for him, thought he was going to be a gun. Unfortunately he reached a stage where improvement didn't happen anymore.

I also stated elsewhere over the w/e that he played really well, but his disposal let him down, as with Brennan.

And to answer your qn. Yes and Yes.

stellation
14th April 2008, 08:39 AM
It's a perfectly valid point to make about Jude, and I'm sure he knows it.

TheGrimReaper
14th April 2008, 09:07 AM
FFS. Do you read all my posts, or only the ones where I offer criticism of players attributes?
Do you actually watch the games with both eyes open?

Jude has always been a favourite of mine. Go back in history I'm sure you'll find posts of my where I stuck up for him, thought he was going to be a gun. Unfortunately he reached a stage where improvement didn't happen anymore.

I also stated elsewhere over the w/e that he played really well, but his disposal let him down, as with Brennan.

And to answer your qn. Yes and Yes.

Do you actually support the Swans when we lose, or just go to Rugby? :p :D

ScottH
14th April 2008, 09:15 AM
Do you actually support the Swans when we lose, or just go to Rugby? :p :D

Always support the swans. Wouldn't be here if I didn't.
Enjoy the League when I see it, which is rare these days.
Also enjoy the Union when it's on, but that usually only equates to international games.

NMWBloods
14th April 2008, 10:19 AM

Negative nelly!

ScottH
14th April 2008, 10:28 AM
Negative nelly!

I'm not negative and don't call me nelly.

NMWBloods
14th April 2008, 05:17 PM
Looking at the stats today I see he had just 11 possessions to 3QT and have 5 clangers overall. I still think, despite his improvement over last year, that we no longer need him and we'd be better served with other players in the side ahead of him. Most particularly I'd love to see Schmidt replace him when fit.

Mike_B
14th April 2008, 05:26 PM
Looking at the stats today I see he had just 11 possessions to 3QT and have 5 clangers overall. I still think, despite his improvement over last year, that we no longer need him and we'd be better served with other players in the side ahead of him. Most particularly I'd love to see Schmidt replace him when fit.
Just looking at the stats can be misleading (both in a positive and negative sense - depending on what they may say). I just got the feel from my seat at the game that he had lifted compared to the previous couple of seasons - seemed to really be there when needed, doing a bit more of the hard work that he became known for in his first few seasons...

Plugger46
14th April 2008, 05:26 PM
Most particularly I'd love to see Schmidt replace him when fit.

Yeah me too. Think he would be the perfect replacement.

NMWBloods
14th April 2008, 05:27 PM
Just looking at the stats can be misleading (both in a positive and negative sense - depending on what they may say). I just got the feel from my seat at the game that he had lifted compared to the previous couple of seasons - seemed to really be there when needed, doing a bit more of the hard work that he became known for in his first few seasons...
I agree that he has lifted - as I noted I thought he had his best game for a while - but he's really not doing nearly enough as a midfielder - just 11 possessions to half time is not particularly good.

TheGrimReaper
14th April 2008, 09:27 PM
Always support the swans. Wouldn't be here if I didn't.
Enjoy the League when I see it, which is rare these days.
Also enjoy the Union when it's on, but that usually only equates to international games.

I've never watched a game of Rugby League/Union in my life. :p

giant
14th April 2008, 10:40 PM
I agree that he has lifted - as I noted I thought he had his best game for a while - but he's really not doing nearly enough as a midfielder - just 11 possessions to half time is not particularly good.

He's never gonna be a ball magnet tho is he? Seems to be doing some of the Kirk-like work in the clinches these days which is a good thing. Hopefully there is room for both a motivated hard at it Jude and a ball magnet Schmidt in due course.

NMWBloods
14th April 2008, 10:47 PM
A midfielder who barely manages 3-4 disposals a quarter is not really great value. Davis gets criticised for not getting the ball enough, and he gets it nearly as much and with less time. Kirk has been getting the ball a lot more than Bolton over the past year and he plays good defence as well.

DeadlyAkkuret
14th April 2008, 10:53 PM
A midfielder who barely manages 3-4 disposals a quarter is not really great value. Davis gets criticised for not getting the ball enough, and he gets it nearly as much and with less time. Kirk has been getting the ball a lot more than Bolton over the past year and he plays good defence as well.

I actually don't see why Davis can't take Bolton's role. Jude is slow, so Davis doesn't have to be lightning fast to beat him in that area. Jude isn't a tagger, so Davo's "laziness" wont come into it. Davis is a better kick and can create anything, Jude is a better mark but that's not a real issue in the midfield.

*waits for Davis bashers*