PDA

View Full Version : Freo vs Geelong (potential spoilers)

stellation
25th April 2008, 10:58 PM
Anyone else watching this?

Wow. Just wow. Geelong are brilliant. Down by 38 points with less than 10 minutes to go in the 2nd quarter, they go in only down by 2.

GAJ also picked up the softest free I've seen in a long time.

liz
25th April 2008, 11:01 PM
Wow. Just when Freo looked like they might have the measure of the Cats, we get another reminder of how good Geelong can be. Most teams can get in that "zone" occasionally when they just ram on half a dozen goals in barely as many minutes. But Geelong seem to be able to just flick the switch at will.

And it seems mighty unfair that a midfield already as strong as Geelong's has such a superb young mid as Selwood III to add to the mix.

Matt79
25th April 2008, 11:02 PM
The Cats switched the switch like they did against us in the final minutes and banged on 6 unanswered goals!!

stellation
25th April 2008, 11:08 PM
It was great stuff. I find Geelong amazingly fun to watch, they just keep the ball alive at all costs and because everyone in the team knows they will do it there is always, always, always an extra man. Great stuff.

God forbid if they got a handful of injuries to that senior squad though.

swantastic
25th April 2008, 11:11 PM
Anyone else watching this?

Wow. Just wow. Geelong are brilliant. Down by 38 points with less than 10 minutes to go in the 2nd quarter, they go in only down by 2.

GAJ also picked up the softest free I've seen in a long time.Doesnt he always just like Lloyd.

Geelong just got a few lucky breaks thats all.

The last time geelong were down at half time they lost the game,so heres hoping.

NMWBloods
25th April 2008, 11:25 PM
"The shortest kick in the history of humans" :D

NMWBloods
25th April 2008, 11:25 PM
GAJ also picked up the softest free I've seen in a long time.
Ablett's being niggled by Crowley, so within his rights to clock him one...?

swantastic
25th April 2008, 11:42 PM
Ablett's being niggled by Crowley, so within his rights to clock him one...?No violence doesnt solve any thing.

Zlatorog
25th April 2008, 11:48 PM
Hm, it looks to me that NMWBloods is the one who advised BH to give one to Staker.:D

stellation
25th April 2008, 11:49 PM
Ablett's being niggled by Crowley, so within his rights to clock him one...?
Ahhh, did he? I honestly didn't see him get hit, I just saw a replay of GAJ looking to take a dive after little if any contact.

NMWBloods
25th April 2008, 11:51 PM
Hm, it looks to me that NMWBloods is the one who advised BH to give one to Staker.:D

Ahhh, did he? I honestly didn't see him get hit, I just saw a replay of GAJ looking to take a dive after little if any contact.

LOL! :D No - Crowley's been all over Ablett, so a little similar to Staker all over Hall!

swantastic
26th April 2008, 12:26 AM
Bloody Geelong....:mad:

liz
26th April 2008, 12:27 AM
Damn. I thought Freo were going to pinch it back at the end there. Was riding Pavlich's kick all the way.

Geelong can be beaten but a team is going to have to play very well against them for a full 120 minutes to pull it off. Relax for 10 minutes and you're toast.

NMWBloods
26th April 2008, 12:32 AM
We need to get us one of those Selwood boys!

JF_Bay22_SCG
26th April 2008, 12:49 AM
It was great stuff. I find Geelong amazingly fun to watch, they just keep the ball alive at all costs and because everyone in the team knows they will do it there is always, always, always an extra man. Great stuff.

They are good aren't they. The way they hit their targets so ruthlessly & swiftly coming out of defence is just amazing. They are so physically strong yet haven't lost any of their skills. No looking for the sidelines or chip kicking across half back for them. No ten million handpasses to just get it to half back. It is hell for leather & long into the forward line.

I have not seen a team come streaming down the field in numbers like they do since the great Hawthorn teams of the late 80s-early 90s.

Freo were on fire. They were 7 goals up. Yet Geelong could find that second gear (TWICE, as Freo were on a bit of a role early in the last quarter) & peg a lead back like that shows what a deadly team they really are.

JF

NMWBloods
26th April 2008, 12:52 AM
One of the Geelong's potential vulnerabilities is they sometimes overuse the handball, especially coming out of defence. However, if you trust your skills then taking risks can bring big rewards, as it has for Geelong in the past year. They are exciting to watch running the length of the field and attacking through the corridor.

573v30
26th April 2008, 03:57 PM
Play a quarter of good footy and still win by a point. I wish Sydney could do that when they're playing crap. :(