PDA

View Full Version : How far off is Grundy

gloveski
28th April 2008, 11:29 AM
WIth Hall out it would have been a perfect time for Grundy to show his wares in the forward 50.

They may even look at Everitt next week and play the 3 Ruckman with White and Everitt Rotating 2 Full Forward

DST
28th April 2008, 12:23 PM
WIth Hall out it would have been a perfect time for Grundy to show his wares in the forward 50.

They may even look at Everitt next week and play the 3 Ruckman with White and Everitt Rotating 2 Full Forward

The Dogs are taller this year, but I doubt that we will play the three ruckman.

Then again, retaining White for Davis while bringing back Everitt will still give us a better contest than Davis did on the weekend.

DST
:D

NMWBloods
28th April 2008, 12:50 PM
Then again, retaining White for Davis while bringing back Everitt will still give us a better contest than Davis did on the weekend.I don't think MOL gave us any more of a contest for the vast majority of the game.

DST
28th April 2008, 12:57 PM
I don't think MOL gave us any more of a contest for the vast majority of the game.

Still covered more ground and got to far more contests than Davis where he may have had an influence (Fritto however did well to cover him).

I don't have an issue with what Davis actually does (possession or pressure wise) just that he doen't work hard enough at present to get himself into a position where the team can use him or he can make a difference.

Alot of people on here, say the team doesn't pass the ball to him. I am sure they would if he was willing to work hard to space rather than trot alongside his opponent and call for the ball.

DST
:D

NMWBloods
28th April 2008, 12:59 PM
Still covered more ground and got to far more contests than Davis where he may have had an influenceI think that is arguable.

I don't have an issue with what Davis actually does (possession or pressure wise) just that he doen't work hard enough at present to get himself into a position where the team can use him or he can make a difference.I generally agree.

Alot of people on here, say the team doesn't pass the ball to him. I am sure they would if he was willing to work hard to space rather than trot alongside his opponent and call for the ball.I think it is a bit of both actually.

swansrule100
28th April 2008, 01:01 PM

everitt white and jolly leaves us slow though

if everitt could still play forward like the old days at the saints tho...

snappy
28th April 2008, 02:37 PM
everitt white and jolly leaves us slow though

if everitt could still play forward like the old days at the saints tho...

I reckon White looks quicker than Grundy, he moves well for a big fella was pleasantly suprised.

BSA5
28th April 2008, 03:45 PM
White>Grundy. White can also play in the ruck. Grundy is too slow to be considered ahead of White. White as a utility is taller, bigger, stronger, MUCH faster, and by the looks of it, just as good a mark and kick. Add to that the fact that White can pinch-hit in the ruck fairly effectively, and we have ourselves a much better option. I would be surprised if Grundy got many more games this year.

Simian
29th April 2008, 12:42 PM
Have noticed that Grundy has been off the injury list - is he going to get a game against the Dogs?

reigning premier
29th April 2008, 01:16 PM
Have noticed that Grundy has been off the injury list - is he going to get a game against the Dogs?

Nah Heath... No one rates you..... You need to work on your upper body strength. Far to often you're pushed out of the contest far to easily. That and you chase like Davo with a hang over.....

johnno
29th April 2008, 01:23 PM
Does anyone know when Henry Playfair is going to get a gig????

ScottH
29th April 2008, 01:59 PM

Playfair played his first reserves game on the w/e. So mayb within the month, if they can find a place for him.

Maybe in the fwd 50??

royboy42
29th April 2008, 02:56 PM
Grundy doesn't seem to find the football enough for a true forward. When it drops into his lap he takes a good strong mark, but hasn't yet got the knack of being where the ball is...and with his lack of speed, i'm not too sure he ever will!

RogueSwan
29th April 2008, 09:19 PM

Played ressies on the weekend but I really can't see him playing seniors unless we get desperate for a big body