PDA

View Full Version : North supporters and booing.

goswannie14
28th April 2008, 01:32 PM
Did antyone else notice the racist booing by North fans at the weekend. Almost every time Goodes or O'Loughlin got the ball they were booed. It didn't happen to any of our other players though (except when shooting for goal, which is understandable).

On more than one occasion I yelled out at some of them that they were racist mongrels.

Am I being sensitive, or are they really as racist as it sounded at the game?

NMWBloods
28th April 2008, 01:34 PM
Didn't notice MOL, but definitely Goodes. He's now booed by opposition teams like Carey was.

Industrial Fan
28th April 2008, 01:35 PM
Almost every time O'Loughlin got the ball they were booed. You must have been sitting near Kanga.

goswannie14
28th April 2008, 01:35 PM
Didn't notice MOL, but definitely Goodes. He's now booed by opposition teams like Carey was.I nopticed it particularly in the 3rd qrtr when he was at the end we were kicking too. maybe through their one eye, they can't tell the difference between the two.

ScottH
28th April 2008, 01:37 PM
Goodes was but it didn't start until he won a free kick. (which he may of may not have played for)
MOL seemed to start in the last qtr for some reason.

I don't understand why it would be racist, don't the Roos have a number of players with similar credentials to these too

swansrule100
28th April 2008, 01:38 PM
Did antyone else notice the racist booing by North fans at the weekend. Almost every time Goodes or O'Loughlin got the ball they were booed. It didn't happen to any of our other players though (except when shooting for goal, which is understandable).

On more than one occasion I yelled out at some of them that they were racist mongrels.

ur being sensitive how can u determine if it was racist who cares what the opposition fans do

reigning premier
28th April 2008, 01:47 PM
Don't think it has anything to do with race....

Has more to do with the tribunal result of a few weeks ago....

goswannie14
28th April 2008, 01:51 PM
ur being sensitive how can u determine if it was racist who cares what the opposition fans doThe fact that it was only directed at our two indeigenous players is what made me raise the question.

swansrule100
28th April 2008, 01:59 PM
The fact that it was only directed at our two indeigenous players is what made me raise the question.

i get why you raised it but still could be for any reason at all not just because they are both aboriginal.

AnnieH
28th April 2008, 02:19 PM
I noticed that Goodesy was booed frequently throughout the game and asked fam why the hell are they booing him? What has Goodesy done to the bushrats?

Kanga
28th April 2008, 02:54 PM
You must have been sitting near Kanga.

It wasn't me! I don't boo him or anyone else!

connolly
28th April 2008, 02:56 PM

You are not being sensitive. Goodsey and MOL have been subjected to open racism particularly this season. More power to your elbow for telling them

bloodboy
28th April 2008, 03:03 PM
I think you are being a bit sensitive. Goodes is booed, on the most part, because he is a good player (and he seems to get away with a bit at the tribunal). Magic was probably being booed cos he was shooting at goal. You look at most good players with a bit of flair about them and they will get booed...that is what opposition supporters hate most, quality and a certain arrogance. Ask most people who don't follow the swans and Goodes will be up there in their most hated.

I have, however, continuosly heard supporters call out 'Sorry' when an aboriginal player gets a dicey free kick or something happens to them...that is not on. Heard a Swans supporter say it yesterday and it really irritates me...just blatant stupidity.

28th April 2008, 03:20 PM

A tad sensitive I think.
Didnt hear it on Magic at all.
Goodseys tread a fine line, doesnt surprise me he gets booed , after all he has been a little lucky at the tribunal. North fans remember it because it was the game last year where he got let off the week before on hitting Simon Godfrey from behind.

Industrial Fan
28th April 2008, 03:32 PM
It wasn't me! I don't boo him or anyone else!Not a real fan.

goswannie14
28th April 2008, 05:08 PM
I think you are being a bit sensitive. Goodes is booed, on the most part, because he is a good player (and he seems to get away with a bit at the tribunal). Magic was probably being booed cos he was shooting at goal. You look at most good players with a bit of flair about them and they will get booed...that is what opposition supporters hate most, quality and a certain arrogance. Ask most people who don't follow the swans and Goodes will be up there in their most hated.I don't think Magic had a set shot yesterday, that's why I noticed it. It was mainly from the (I think it is) members area at the Lockett end under the scoreboard. Which is the opposite end to where most Swans supporters were sitting, so it may not have been noticable from that end.

Kanga
28th April 2008, 05:15 PM
Not a real fan.

Please explain?

ScottH
28th April 2008, 06:34 PM
Please explain?

Joke.

You're not a real fan if you don't follow the "norm".

goswannie14
28th April 2008, 06:35 PM
Please explain?
Thanks Pauline.;)

Big Al
28th April 2008, 09:27 PM

I wished they would have booed Bolton, I know I was. :mad:

australian_made
28th April 2008, 10:13 PM
didnt we play the kangaroos the week after goodesy got off for striking that demons player? im pretty sure they boo'd him like hell that day. thats the first thing i thought when i heard the booing on sunday, except they were now booing about two tribunal decisions.

28th April 2008, 10:24 PM

Well @@@@ me !!
You were " Booing " Bolton at the footy ???
Would of loved to of been watching you do that.

No 14
28th April 2008, 10:34 PM
I asked the north supporter behind me. I also asked a mad keen and long time kangaroos supporter I know well who was at the game. same answer: It has got nothing to do with race. They just feel he has had a good time with the tribunal over a number of years and ther eis a belief he should have copped a suspension that never happened.

I am cool with that. The more the crowd boos him the more focussed he becomes. In adversity and choas leaders rise.

Please - will all opposition supporters clubs boo him.

goswannie14
29th April 2008, 03:11 AM
I asked the north supporter behind me. I also asked a mad keen and long time kangaroos supporter I know well who was at the game. same answer: It has got nothing to do with race. They just feel he has had a good time with the tribunal over a number of years and ther eis a belief he should have copped a suspension that never happened.

I am cool with that. The more the crowd boos him the more focussed he becomes. In adversity and choas leaders rise.

Please - will all opposition supporters clubs boo him.How does that explain them booing O'Loughlin as well, or can they really not tell them apart?

JF_Bay22_SCG
29th April 2008, 10:39 AM
We had an incident with a @@@@@@@@ North fan in the tier above us after the game. He was mouthing off and things got pretty heated, with police & security having to step in.

Then the Cheer Squad president said "Happy Greek Easter!" & he got all defensive saying "I'm not Greek. I swear I'm not Greek".

There is still a lot of hate for North Melbourne in some of us. The legacy of 1999 & the way they tried to infiltrate the Sydney market through the most dubious of means was re-ignited well & truly. :mad:

If one more North supporter calls us the "AFL darlings" I'll hit him, I swear. The thing is, if they moved their gypsy club north permanantly they'd get the support from the AFL that we have had as well. :rolleyes:

JF

ScottH
29th April 2008, 11:25 AM
I saw the incident. I thought he was being a knob. And gave him the time of day he deserved. Nothing, and walked on.

Kanga
29th April 2008, 12:35 PM
We had an incident with a @@@@@@@@ North fan in the tier above us after the game. He was mouthing off and things got pretty heated, with police & security having to step in.

Then the Cheer Squad president said "Happy Greek Easter!" & he got all defensive saying "I'm not Greek. I swear I'm not Greek".

There is still a lot of hate for North Melbourne in some of us. The legacy of 1999 & the way they tried to infiltrate the Sydney market through the most dubious of means was re-ignited well & truly. :mad:

If one more North supporter calls us the "AFL darlings" I'll hit him, I swear. The thing is, if they moved their gypsy club north permanantly they'd get the support from the AFL that we have had as well. :rolleyes:

JF

Calm down "AFL darling"..... Sounds like you South's supporters are getting a bit precious. I still remember when your jumper was a red V.

reigning premier
29th April 2008, 12:39 PM
Calm down "AFL darling"..... Sounds like you South's supporters are getting a bit precious. I still remember when your jumper was a red V.

I didn't think your generation knew how to use a computer?? Or are they running classes down at the old folks home these days?

Kanga
29th April 2008, 01:06 PM
I didn't think your generation knew how to use a computer?? Or are they running classes down at the old folks home these days?

Lazy response young fella. Is recess over and you have to go back to class?

reigning premier
29th April 2008, 01:09 PM
Lazy response young fella. Is recess over and you have to go back to class?

Nope... But I hear the nurse coming with your medication pops.... Time to up the dosage... You'll have yourself a heart attack with all this excitement!

CureTheSane
29th April 2008, 01:24 PM

haha, me too.
Except I wasn't at the game, I was in Canberra.
And with nothing else to do my wife 'endured' the 2nd half of teh game.
When Jude marked she said "wow, that was good!"
I said "yeah, but he can't kick for @@@@, he probably won't score from there"
Sure enough, out on the full and we laughed.
Me at Bolton, and her kind on in that "Martin is SO my god because he really does know everything kind of way"

Then a few minutes later he marked on the boundary and had another shot.
Out on the full again.
Great stuff, we were pissing ourselves.
We were also drinking a fair bit of wine, so that may have added to the fun.

I'm really starting to like Jude. He is great entertainment value..... :)

CureTheSane
29th April 2008, 01:27 PM
There was no racism in anything as far as I am concerned.
Goodes is because of the tribunal.
Mickey had a couple of incidents - basic stuff like a free for, a mark not paid against, or some sort of 'unfair' play that he got away with.
I can't specifically remember exactly what he did - as mentioned above, I had had a few - but I remember the booing as being a result of the play in the game.

The sorry comment is kind of funny.
If these guys can't take a pissy comment like that from an opposition player, then they shouldn't be playing.

Kanga
29th April 2008, 01:29 PM
Nope... But I hear the nurse coming with your medication pops.... Time to up the dosage... You'll have yourself a heart attack with all this excitement!

I presume that means that you don't remember the red V. Interesting how South's history went down the toilet when they relocated. Could be a lesson in that for some of us.

swansrule100
29th April 2008, 01:42 PM
I presume that means that you don't remember the red V. Interesting how South's history went down the toilet when they relocated. Could be a lesson in that for some of us.

we will see in 2 years when your club falls apart

reigning premier
29th April 2008, 01:46 PM

That's the funny thing about converging and diverging paths. The Kanga's have chosen a diverging path to us. Whilst they could have relocated and saved their club, it's history and it's legacy, like we did (Or the Lions), they have instead chosen to pass away into the history of the AFL.

In the not to distant future, We will look back with fond memories and laugh about the great games we used to play, the draw we had in 08 and think to ourselves, wouldn't it be grand if the Bush rats were still a team in the AFL and not running around dead set last in the VFL?

But then again, you'll still have all that history to keep you warm through the long, cold winters....

cruiser
29th April 2008, 01:53 PM
The Swans wear the red V every heritage round. If you look closely (remember to put on your glasses, they're probably next to the glass of water in which you keep your teeth) you will see SMFC on the back of Swans guernseys.

29th April 2008, 02:02 PM

Hey Kanga, what about your club and your loyalty to your jumper.
Your club changes its jumper to suit sponsors .
How many different jumpers have you blokes got now, which one do you wear or are you a typical North supporter who doesnt go to the footy.
There was heaps of your 33000 members there again on Sunday !!

bloodboy
29th April 2008, 02:06 PM

Hahaha...so funny. Your club had a chance to save their hides but you gave it up. It will be looked upon as a big mistake in the future...just wait until your 'record' members start dropping off after all of the initial emotion is gone. I mean, you couldn't even turn a decent profit when you were dominating and winning flags. As for the history thing, your club has had more name changes than ours...who are you now? Just the Kangaroos, or North Melbourne again? Or maybe the Northern Kangaroos?

Rob-bloods
29th April 2008, 03:03 PM
The Kangaroo numbers have been boosted by the Victorian 'floaters' who have been buying Doggies memberships up to this year. Dogs memberships are down and The (Kanga)Roos are up. Less than 50% of those signed up Roos were there Sunday obviously.

Kanga
29th April 2008, 03:05 PM
The Swans wear the red V every heritage round. If you look closely (remember to put on your glasses, they're probably next to the glass of water in which you keep your teeth) you will see SMFC on the back of Swans guernseys.

And that "SMFC" is about the only reminder of your previous existence.

Thanks to all of you for the 'crystal ball' responses as to what will happen in the future. Can you give me the lotto numbers for next week while you are at it?

Perhaps you can explain that after in excess of 20 years in a one team town - that you still have so few supporters? Last time i looked out the window on Kent Street there were 4 million Sydneysiders.

connolly
29th April 2008, 03:07 PM
That's the funny thing about converging and diverging paths. The Kanga's have chosen a diverging path to us. Whilst they could have relocated and saved their club, it's history and it's legacy, like we did (Or the Lions), they have instead chosen to pass away into the history of the AFL.

In the not to distant future, We will look back with fond memories and laugh about the great games we used to play, the draw we had in 08 and think to ourselves, wouldn't it be grand if the Bush rats were still a team in the AFL and not running around dead set last in the VFL?

But then again, you'll still have all that history to keep you warm through the long, cold winters....

Yes we all remember University that great foundation club of the VFL.

Kanga
29th April 2008, 03:13 PM
Hahaha...so funny. Your club had a chance to save their hides but you gave it up. It will be looked upon as a big mistake in the future...just wait until your 'record' members start dropping off after all of the initial emotion is gone. I mean, you couldn't even turn a decent profit when you were dominating and winning flags. As for the history thing, your club has had more name changes than ours...who are you now? Just the Kangaroos, or North Melbourne again? Or maybe the Northern Kangaroos?

Why dont you ask your coaching staff about NM's name. I am sure that the Horse, Fruity or Blakey will tell you about the culture at the club.

reigning premier
29th April 2008, 03:14 PM
Perhaps you can explain that after in excess of 20 years in a one team town - that you still have so few supporters? Last time i looked out the window on Kent Street there were 4 million Sydneysiders.

ROFLMAO..... :rofl

That comment, from a Kangaroos fan..... Of all people.

Please, stop it... You're killing me here.... Dead set gold.

Post of the year thus far!

swantastic
29th April 2008, 03:40 PM

Am I being sensitive, or are they really as racist as it sounded at the game?Yep you being just a big girl.;)

29th April 2008, 03:45 PM
Why dont you ask your coaching staff about NM's name. I am sure that the Horse, Fruity or Blakey will tell you about the culture at the club.

Gee , the culture when Fruity , Horse , Blakey was great when they were their. The boys mighty Captain was ripped off his head most of the time or as pissed a cricket or boning other players wifes and girlfriends.
GREAT CULTURE AS YOU SAID : KANGA !!!!!

cruiser
29th April 2008, 03:52 PM

You think that 45,000 at Sydney's last home game was a small crowd? Your despised team can only dream about crowds like that. North supporters were almost outnumbered by Swans supporters at TD on Sat night.

CureTheSane
29th April 2008, 03:55 PM
North Melbourne have the hottest looking female supporters.
Sydney are up there too, but the Kangaroo chicks..... mmmmmmm.....

Triple B
29th April 2008, 04:14 PM
North supporters were almost outnumbered by Swans supporters at TD on Sat night.

....and on Sunday afternoon as well, so stick that in your pipe and smoke it. :p :p

goswannie14
29th April 2008, 06:29 PM
Perhaps you can explain that after in excess of 20 years in a one team town - that you still have so few supporters? Last time i looked out the window on Kent Street there were 4 million Sydneysiders.If you looked at the results of the last AFL questionaire, you would realise that the Swans actually have the biggext follwing in the country. They also manage to get more than 25-27000 to all of their home games.

Just as well all of us old South melbourne supporters were there on Sunday arvo, it would have been very empty with only about 12000 Roos "members" in the dome.

MarshallG
29th April 2008, 06:36 PM

I am suprised you would even think that

AnnieH
29th April 2008, 11:53 PM

4 million in Kent Street???
4 million at the SCG???
They're NOT sitting in my seat!!

BloodNut
30th April 2008, 12:41 AM
haha Arden St anyone?

sirsly up until recently they had derros sleeping in the old grandstand in the surrounds where they train. An AFL professional club. Not to mention a group of demountables like some state school and a park or whatever you want to call it for a training paddock.

But the area will be gentrified in the next coming years and the yuppies and non roos fans will move in and the club will have no other option but to relocate or just die. sheesh i feel for North Melbourne.