PDA

View Full Version : Note to Noggy - GET RID OF THE BALL!

bloodboy
28th April 2008, 03:34 PM
I think Noggy's habit of getting caught with the ball is getting worse. He gets it enough, but can never take a quick possession to clear a pack or find another option. He seems to get tackled almost every time he gets the ball now. Can someone down the club tell him he ain't got 5 minutes to make up his mind every time he gets the ball!

satchmopugdog
28th April 2008, 03:44 PM
Have been forced by injury in my Dream team to pick NOG as he is the highest scoring player for the price,and I couldn't agree with you more. More points NOG please.No frees against

goswannie14
28th April 2008, 04:59 PM
I think Noggy's habit of getting caught with the ball is getting worse. He gets it enough, but can never take a quick possession to clear a pack or find another option. He seems to get tackled almost every time he gets the ball now. Can someone down the club tell him he ain't got 5 minutes to make up his mind every time he gets the ball!
Not yesterday, he got plenty of kicks away. However, it is starnge that it happens to most of our midfielders. I think it has to do with some players thinking their job is done once they give off the ball to someone else, even if they are under pressure (or often under more pressure than the person disposing of it).

shaun..
1st May 2008, 01:17 AM
He really does lack awareness, sometimes just doesn't seem to know what to do with it.

swantastic
1st May 2008, 07:44 AM
Maybe his useless team mates could tell him "man on"

ScottH
1st May 2008, 08:00 AM
Maybe his useless team mates could tell him "man on"

That is half the problem, but he has to improve his awareness.

B2 got mown down at a crucial stage against the cats, when he was a few metres in the clear and had a few team mates running with him. Didn't appear any of them attempted to tell him he was about to be clobbered.

Reggi
1st May 2008, 08:10 AM
This thread should have been named

"Amon Buchanan don't handpass to Noggy when he is under the hammer from two opponents"

TheGrimReaper
1st May 2008, 08:29 AM
Half the time, the umpires are too harsh on him.

Just compare the time he has to get rid of the ball with someone like Chris Judd and Daniel Kerr. They have an eternity to get rid of it, whereas Luke Ablett only has 1 second to get rid of it at times.

Umpires at fault, but they won't admit it.

Triple B
1st May 2008, 10:28 AM
Half the time, the umpires are too harsh on him.

Just compare the time he has to get rid of the ball with someone like Chris Judd and Daniel Kerr. They have an eternity to get rid of it, whereas Luke Ablett only has 1 second to get rid of it at times.

Each extended family has 7 secs to dispose of it. Gary Jnr gets 6.5 secs, so leaves little for NOG.

God help anybody related to Chris Judd. They'll have -2 secs per disposal.

:p

NMWBloods
1st May 2008, 10:45 AM
That is half the problem, but he has to improve his awareness.

B2 got mown down at a crucial stage against the cats, when he was a few metres in the clear and had a few team mates running with him. Didn't appear any of them attempted to tell him he was about to be clobbered.
Lack of talking and shepherding has always seemed to be an issue for us. Still, Ablett often gets mown down when he gets a first possession.

swantastic
1st May 2008, 11:01 AM
This thread should have been named

"Amon Buchanan don't handpass to Noggy when he is under the hammer from two opponents"True and if they are under the pump just boot it long into space,but then again this is the Swans we are talking about.

They probably get told dont worry if you get caught most of the time it will end up in a stoppage.:rolleyes: