PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have some weedkiller?

swan_song
5th May 2008, 10:53 AM
QUOTE: "a frustrated Sydney coach Paul Roos admitted the Swans had to "weed out" players lacking the necessary skills." Michael Cowley, Real Footy.

Don't believe it! I bet Benny and Jude will still be there in a month's time....

ernie koala
5th May 2008, 01:40 PM
Couldn't agree more....it's typical Roos lip service.
If he means it...out go Matthews, J Bolton and Playfair for starters, and probably a host of others. But it won't happen.:rolleyes:

Robbo
5th May 2008, 01:50 PM
It's good that he can admit there's a problem but talk is cheap. Let's see if he has the courage to drop Jude and Benny.

swansrule100
5th May 2008, 02:26 PM
why dont they drop the coach back to canberra to freshen up.

swantastic
5th May 2008, 02:39 PM
why dont they drop the coach back to canberra to freshen up.LOL..Thats funny.

Lets just see if he is a man of his word.

Benny for sure has to go.

B1 on the edge

Playfair if his kicking doesnt improve.

TheGrimReaper
5th May 2008, 02:43 PM
LOL..Thats funny.

Lets just see if he is a man of his word.

Benny for sure has to go.

B1 on the edge

Playfair if his kicking doesnt improve.

Playfair should stay in, until Hall comes back. At least he provides a contest.

Jude Bolton is on the verge of being dropped, but at least he has a go.

Benny, well.....Benny who? Send him to Canberra!

AnnieH
5th May 2008, 02:45 PM
I have a drum of DDT in the back of the garage somewhere.
I knew I'd need it one day!:)

Robbo
5th May 2008, 02:45 PM
Benny should now be classified as a "top up" in the Canberra comp.

Plugger46
5th May 2008, 03:57 PM
Like to see Bolton dropped, but there's absolutely no chance that it will happen.

Mathews should and will go.

BSA5
5th May 2008, 04:31 PM
Just a point, I hope people realise that Jude Bolton laid 11 tackles against the Doggies. More than Jack, and almost double what Kirk produced. Now, I agree that Bolton's skills are shocking, but, with the injuries we currently have, he is still in our best 22. Sure, there aren't many who should be dropped before him (Matthews the only definite one), but there isn't anybody in the reserves who is uninjured and playing well enough to have a go in front of him. Nick Smith is borderline, that's it. Schmidt and Fosdike are still recovering from injury. Quite simply, I don't think dropping Bolton at this stage is justified. When we have more players fit, and if he hasn't improved, then yes. Until then, he is earning his spot.

DST
5th May 2008, 09:19 PM
Don't believe it! I bet Benny and Jude will still be there in a month's time....

Benny probably not but that will depend on whether any of his young likely replacements can a) get fit and b) string enough games together to be considered for senior selection.

Based on yesterday, Jude deserves to hold his place. He contested well and his kicking while limited did the job a number of times.

I beleive there is still a spot for Jude in our best 22, but he should be under pressure from some of the younger talent by the end of the year if they can get on the park with regularity.

DST
:D

JF_Bay22_SCG
5th May 2008, 09:38 PM
QUOTE: "a frustrated Sydney coach Paul Roos admitted the Swans had to "weed out" players lacking the necessary skills." Michael Cowley, Real Footy.

Dodging those bindis in the cricket pitch area no doubt. ;)

JF :rolleyes: :D