PDA

View Full Version : Davis kicking routine

TheMase
5th May 2008, 06:57 PM
The Playfair thread gave me a thought.

In the past I distinctly remember him marking the ball, marking his mark and then walking backwards obviously stepping out his run...

From memory, I do not recall seeing this in his recent games.

Has all this talk of Davis playing the team game got to him? That he was forced to change his routine?

This would certainly explain his wayward kicking for goal.

I think his set shot routine has changed. This has nothing to do specifically why they have said he was dropped. But it would go a long way explaining why he has missed goals he would otherwise kick this year.

Perhaps I have missed it, or did not take enough notice.

Any thoughts?

swansrule100
5th May 2008, 09:11 PM
the main difference is to be is his mindset, he used to mark inside 50 and go back as you say for his shot and he rarely missed.

Now he is so unsure wether that is selfish or not. He plays better when he backs himself goes for it and wants to be the hero.

Lucky Knickers
5th May 2008, 10:26 PM
I think his set shot routine has changed. This has nothing to do specifically why they have said he was dropped. But it would go a long way explaining why he has missed goals he would otherwise kick this year.

Perhaps I have missed it, or did not take enough notice.

Any thoughts?

In 2005 Nick went thru a similar problem with accuracy. IIRC he did a press story about watching his old tapes and studying his routine. He discovered he had changed it slightly and it was impacting his accuracy.

And we all know the results of that! :)

Good post Mase BTW.