PDA

View Full Version : Kennelly; Goodes and Malceski-the Three Musketeers

top40
16th May 2008, 01:07 AM
Here's an incredible stat concerning games where Tadhg Kennelly, Adam Goodes and Nick Malceski all play in the one team.

Since Nick Malceski's Round 11 debut in 2005 against Carlton, the Swans' games record stands at:

28 wins and 6 losses, or a 82.3% win-loss record. Let's put that in context. Last year's almost unbeatable Geelong's win-loss record was 84.0%

And, of those 6 losses for Sydney with the Three Musketeers on side:-

3 were one point losses, (2 against West Coast: 06'GF and 07'R1, and 1 against Essendon: 07'R10); and

1 was a five point loss, (against Melbourne: 06'R4)

The other losses were both away games in traditional hostile territory against Geelong (33 points 06'R20); and Adelaide (17 points 07'R4)

So in essence, in 28 games were these three have played together, the Swans have only twice, (or in just 7.1% of occasions), lost by more than a goal.

Bloody Hell
16th May 2008, 02:34 AM
You can make up stats to prove anything - fourfty percent of all people know that.

I don't have the stats to back it up, but Goodes, Malceski and Kennelly are excellent players.

When was the last time Goodes missed a game?

ScottH
16th May 2008, 07:21 AM
You can make up stats to prove anything - fourfty percent of all people know that.

I don't have the stats to back it up, but Goodes, Malceski and Kennelly are excellent players.Kennelly has an excellent winning % as well. But I'm not going to work that out.

When was the last time Goodes missed a game?
When he was last suspended. Hehe.

This week or next week he moves into 3rd place(I think) on the most games in a row. (I'll have to check the mags from the HS, last week, unless someone has them handy)

top40
16th May 2008, 08:11 AM
So in essence, in 28 games were these three have played together, the Swans have only twice, (or in just 7.1% of occasions), lost by more than a goal.

Sorry, I meant to write, in 34 games that these three played together, the Swans have only twice (or 5.9%) lost by more than a goal. Further, as Goodes played in every game, you could limit the stat to just the games that Kennelly and Malceski played together

swantastic
16th May 2008, 01:46 PM
Here's an incredible stat concerning games where Tadhg Kennelly, Adam Goodes and Nick Malceski all play in the one team.

Since Nick Malceski's Round 11 debut in 2005 against Carlton, the Swans' games record stands at:

28 wins and 6 losses, or a 82.3% win-loss record. Let's put that in context. Last year's almost unbeatable Geelong's win-loss record was 84.0%

And, of those 6 losses for Sydney with the Three Musketeers on side:-

3 were one point losses, (2 against West Coast: 06'GF and 07'R1, and 1 against Essendon: 07'R10); and

1 was a five point loss, (against Melbourne: 06'R4)

The other losses were both away games in traditional hostile territory against Geelong (33 points 06'R20); and Adelaide (17 points 07'R4)

So in essence, in 28 games were these three have played together, the Swans have only twice, (or in just 7.1% of occasions), lost by more than a goal.Great work top40,that is amazing.

liz
16th May 2008, 01:50 PM
Sorry, I meant to write, in 34 games that these three played together, the Swans have only twice (or 5.9%) lost by more than a goal. Further, as Goodes played in every game, you could limit the stat to just the games that Kennelly and Malceski played together

So you're saying Goodes is irrelevant?;)

Thunder Shaker
16th May 2008, 03:27 PM
So you're saying Goodes is irrelevant?;)
More that a statistical analysis with Goodes out of the side is irrelevant because Goodes last missed a game in Round 21, 1999. In fact, rounds 19 to 21, 1999 are the only three games that Goodes missed since he made his debut in round 1, 1999.

AFL Tables - Adam Goodes - Statistics (http://stats.rleague.com/afl/stats/players/A/Adam_Goodes.html)

giant
17th May 2008, 07:09 PM
Reminds me a little of that stat the commentators used to love to quote about how the Eagles never lost with Ashley Hansen in the team. Right now, that's looking like a slightly more dodgy hypothesis for their 2005-6 success.

Bloody Hell
17th May 2008, 09:38 PM
More that a statistical analysis with Goodes out of the side is irrelevant because Goodes last missed a game in Round 21, 1999. In fact, rounds 19 to 21, 1999 are the only three games that Goodes missed since he made his debut in round 1, 1999.

AFL Tables - Adam Goodes - Statistics (http://stats.rleague.com/afl/stats/players/A/Adam_Goodes.html)
Based on that table we should be dropping Goodes for all games against Adelaide and Essendon - on form alone!