PDA

View Full Version : Kennelly....?!

Swans500
18th May 2008, 06:13 PM
I may be pilloried for this, but I get the feeling Tadghs days in the AFL could be numbered. He has become VERY injury prone, and that, combined with his ultimate desire to return to Ireland may induce an earlier retirement from the Swans than expected, or hoped for.
He has been very unlucky, but I watched him on the sidelines after this latest injury and could almost feel him thinking to himself..."What's the bloody use?"

I know I am sounding negative.....but...correct me if I'm wrong.

swansrock4eva
18th May 2008, 06:20 PM
Initial reactions to a painful injury are usually much more extreme than what will eventuate in a couple of days when the initial shock wears off - with "worst case scenario" plays running through the mind, coupled with pain, usually an ugly looking injury and frustration with being incapacitated, it always looks a fair bit worse than what will pan out in a couple of days when the dust has settled. For all we know, the X-Rays will be clear, the inflammation will subside in a few days and he'll be right as rain in 1-2 weeks.

Having said that, I imagine he'll fall somewhere between the best and worst case scenario. If it does end up being long term or even season-ending (*touches wood that it's not*) it'd be a great chance to get in, repair the unstable shoulder, clean up the knee and get him firing for next year. Send him back to Ireland for a bit too, let him be involved with the GAA to help with his Ireland-cravings and bring him back nice and ship shape for next year.

Legs Akimbo
18th May 2008, 06:24 PM
I may be pilloried for this, but I get the feeling Tadhgs days in the AFL could be numbered. He has become VERY injury prone, and that, combined with his ultimate desire to return to Ireland may induce an earlier retirement from the Swans than expected, or hoped for.
He has been very unlucky, but I watched him on the sidelines after this latest injury and could almost feel him thinking to himself..."What's the bloody use?"

I know I am sounding negative.....but...correct me if I'm wrong.

Actually, I had the same thought today. Some players are like that. Just hit the wall.

Lucky Knickers
18th May 2008, 08:27 PM
Me three. Was this the same knee cap as last year? That and the shoulder today - he must be gutted.

ugg
18th May 2008, 08:28 PM
Left knee, last year was the right knee IIRC.

Nico
18th May 2008, 08:36 PM
Left knee, last year was the right knee IIRC.

Correct Ugg. Looked like Cresswell all over again. If it was the same knee again then you could understand his concern. You just dont know the result in these type injuries, last time he missed 9 games. Could be one or two, but before he did it he didn't look right in his action, so a break to get his body right might be the go, but he is having a horror run. Hopefully Malceski's pluck might encourage him.

Rod_
19th May 2008, 10:40 AM
Didn't he tweek a hammy when trying to return too early last time?

If my memory is correct 2-4 week initially tried the 2 week option and slight hammy..... 9 weeks later he returned.

Cresser returned the next week so I guess somewhere between 1 and 9 weeks>?

Rod_

Donners
19th May 2008, 11:09 AM
It was interesting Roos made a comment that Kennelly must be longing for Gaelic football, where they don't tackle. It was said flippantly, but given his desire to return home, there may be a serious element to this. Every injury could bring him that much closer to leaving the game.

RogueSwan
19th May 2008, 11:59 AM
Having never had a serious injury I wouldn't know the first thing about them, but wouldn't you need to have your leg straight to be able to knock the patella into place? Or does it need to be slightly bent to slot pack into place?

AnnieH
19th May 2008, 12:06 PM
Having never had a serious injury I wouldn't know the first thing about them, but wouldn't you need to have your leg straight to be able to knock the patella into place? Or does it need to be slightly bent to slot pack into place?

Cressa did it slightly bent ... my knee still hurts just thinking about him popping it back in. Wasn't it great to watch though??

If Cressa can come back in a week ... so can Tiger (well, he could if he was a good as Cressa).

RogueSwan
19th May 2008, 12:27 PM
Cressa did it slightly bent ... my knee still hurts just thinking about him popping it back in. Wasn't it great to watch though??

If Cressa can come back in a week ... so can Tiger (well, he could if he was a good as Cressa).
as tough as Cressa?
They don't make em like they used to.:p

AnnieH
19th May 2008, 12:32 PM
as tough as Cressa?
They don't make em like they used to.:p

Thanks Rogue, that's exactly what I meant. They certainly don't make them like they used to.

NMWBloods
19th May 2008, 12:44 PM
Gerard Healy said at the time that Cressa needed to straighten his leg out and it would be much easier to pop the knee cap back in.

Eala ?ireann
19th May 2008, 03:41 PM
Tadhg'll be grand. COuple of weeks tops. He's been unlucky, but he's a tough kid. He'll shake it off.

Mike_B
19th May 2008, 04:31 PM
MRI showed no other damage coming from the kneecap dislocation. Will miss this week and then be tested before the Tigers game.

NMWBloods
19th May 2008, 04:51 PM
MRI showed no other damage coming from the kneecap dislocation. Will miss this week and then be tested before the Tigers game.
Very good news.

dread and might
19th May 2008, 05:15 PM
Great news, if it's a similar injury to last year, would we not be better off, giving him an extra week though?

Jewels
19th May 2008, 05:36 PM
I reckon he needs a good 3 to 4 weeks off. He has a dodgy hammy, popped his shoulder early yesterday and then his knee.
Surely they would be better to get EVERYTHING fixed now.

JF_Bay22_SCG
19th May 2008, 07:08 PM
It was interesting Roos made a comment that Kennelly must be longing for Gaelic football, where they don't tackle. It was said flippantly, but given his desire to return home, there may be a serious element to this. Every injury could bring him that much closer to leaving the game.

He couldn't get injured in gaelic football peoples?

Let's face it, he is not exactly a stocky physical player. He is a fast speedster.

It is sad he is having rotten lucky with injury. Is that due to us trying to rush him back too quick? Is that due to bad conditioning? Or is it just plain bad luck?

Who knows?

JF

JF_Bay22_SCG
19th May 2008, 07:26 PM

But how is his shoulder? If it is not 100%, wouldn't it be better having him fully fit in a couple of weeks rather than have him break down again?

JF

BSA5
19th May 2008, 08:01 PM
Kennelly must have hypermobility in his joints. To dislocate a shoulder and a kneecap in the same game, not to mention all his other joint problems he has experienced in the past, is no coincidence. If this is the case then there will always be a high risk of him dislocating a joint or damaging a ligament as long as he plays. :frown

DST
19th May 2008, 08:29 PM
But how is his shoulder? If it is not 100%, wouldn't it be better having him fully fit in a couple of weeks rather than have him break down again?

JF

Will make no difference, the shoulder is loose in the socket and no amount of rest is going to stop it popping out on occasions.

DST
:D

ash3
20th May 2008, 12:34 AM
Will make no difference, the shoulder is loose in the socket and no amount of rest is going to stop it popping out on occasions.

DST
:D

Agreed, happens to me all the time (I play basketball)

Bas
20th May 2008, 12:37 AM
We nned to import some spuds from his homeland. Obviously our aussie ones don't cut the mustard.