PDA

View Full Version : Round 9 - Port Adelaide

Cheer Squad
19th May 2008, 07:08 PM
I see there is some pessimism in other threads as to whether we can win the return encounter with Port.

We've played the Power 7 times at AAMI stadium for 4 wins and 3 losses. They seem to be travelling better at the moment than they were in Round 2. We will be minus Hall and Kennelly, they will be minus Shaun Burgoyne from the look of things.

We can probably win narrowly. Swans by 9 (I hope). :rolleyes:

JF_Bay22_SCG
19th May 2008, 07:30 PM
We have a pretty good record against Port in general. Them with Brisbane are pretty much our bogey side; they struggle with the way we dominate the stoppages. Their smaller fast running players get tackled off the ball & often lose confidence completely.

It would be good to win. In theory we probably should. But which Swans team is going to turn up, the one in the 1st half? Or the one in the 2nd yesterday?

JF

Robbo
19th May 2008, 07:48 PM
They will pretty much be playing for their season. They will be pretty hungry.

BSA5
19th May 2008, 07:55 PM
I don't rate Port this year. Even when they've been winning, I still haven't rated them. They just don't seem that good. They don't look threatening to me. We SHOULD win this, moderately comfortably.

cruiser
19th May 2008, 09:41 PM
This is a game that could go to either team however I do think that it will be close. Surely we're due to win a close one. Sydney by 1-9 for me.

573v30
19th May 2008, 09:56 PM
It'll be a close contest. Swans should be up and about after destroying Essendon at home but come up against Port at AAMI who have been playing good footy for the past month. Port will choke in the final quarter again. Swans by 16.

swansrule100
19th May 2008, 10:05 PM
they will struggle after the trip to tassie us by more than 40

shaun..
19th May 2008, 10:28 PM
I hope for a better first half display. Swans by 16

CJK
19th May 2008, 11:16 PM
When did we last win over there?

Zlatorog
19th May 2008, 11:28 PM
When did we last win over there?

R17 2006 by 27 points

DST
19th May 2008, 11:44 PM
We have a pretty good record against Port in general. Them with Brisbane are pretty much our bogey side; they struggle with the way we dominate the stoppages. Their smaller fast running players get tackled off the ball & often lose confidence completely.

It would be good to win. In theory we probably should. But which Swans team is going to turn up, the one in the 1st half? Or the one in the 2nd yesterday?

JF

Carlton has not beaten us for almost 9 years (last 10 straight), I think you can add them to the bogey side category.

DST
:D

Triple B
20th May 2008, 05:41 PM
What's all this 'bogey teams' talk.

Bogey teams are teams WE cannot beat, not the other way around.

Adelaide are our bogey team and in recent years Collingwood.

The likes of Carlton, Brisbane and Hawthorn are our biatches.

Cheer Squad
20th May 2008, 05:48 PM

Let's hope that our winning streak with Carlton and Hawthorn continues, and that we beat Adelaide and Collingwood (at least once) this year.

21st May 2008, 02:37 PM
We're coming off a comfortable home win. They're coming off an away slog in Tassie. We spanked them 7 weeks ago. All indicators suggest a Swans win.

Mind you, Port are not a bad side and you underestimate them at your peril. We need to get off to a better start than we did against the Bummers

21st May 2008, 02:39 PM
Let's hope that our winning streak with Carlton and Hawthorn continues, and that we beat Adelaide and Collingwood (at least once) this year.

Yeah we've fully pwned the Blues, Lions and Dorks for years. The Crows are annoying. We're more than capable of beating them.

As long as we can put those back-door boys from Hawthorn away at least once this year I'll be happy.

Cheer Squad
23rd May 2008, 09:56 AM
Words of caution from our fearless leader

Roos wary of Port on the rebound - realfooty.com.au (http://www.realfooty.com.au/news/news/roos-wary-of-port-on-the-rebound/2008/05/22/1211183002080.html)

CJK
23rd May 2008, 12:57 PM
What happens when you vote incorrectly?

Can I change or do I just get laughed at?

For the record, think we'll win. Looking forward to a Sat arvo game, good excuse to get on the sauce nice and early.

Plugger46
23rd May 2008, 01:12 PM
Really warming to us this week. We'll have to play better than we have been but I'm quietly confident.

Doctor J.
23rd May 2008, 01:13 PM

Spot on Triple.

Its tough being an educator of the masses :D

Plugger46
23rd May 2008, 01:19 PM
Looking forward to a Sat arvo game, good excuse to get on the sauce nice and early.

Haha - I've been thinking the same thing all week ;)

T-bag
24th May 2008, 01:44 AM
No one loves me

ScottH
24th May 2008, 12:14 PM
No one loves me

No one liked T-bag on the show either. I preferred Mr J.

DST
24th May 2008, 03:35 PM
Spot on Triple.

Its tough being an educator of the masses :D

But we are Carlton's bogey team?

DST
:D

573v30
24th May 2008, 07:11 PM
It'll be a close contest. Swans should be up and about after destroying Essendon at home but come up against Port at AAMI who have been playing good footy for the past month. Port will choke in the final quarter again. Swans by 16.

Apart from the margin, that's pretty much a fair assessment of what happened. :D

Zlatorog
24th May 2008, 07:29 PM
Apart from the margin, that's pretty much a fair assessment of what happened. :D

Congrats. You should be writing game previews more often.:)