PDA

View Full Version : Brain fade - Leo or Tadhg ???

Triple B
20th May 2008, 08:27 PM
Just watching the replay of 'On the Couch' and the Leo handball to bring it back into play after a behind.

I can't believe that Sheahan and Walls are laughing about it (OK, it was funny) and lambasting Leo.

Who else thought that Leo was simply handballing to Tadhg so he could go and take the kick-in????

The problem arose when Tadhg wheeled around as if to play on. The umpire then had no option then to ball-it-up at the top of the square.

It's the way I saw it at the time and the way I saw it on the replay.

Anybody with me??

Reggi
20th May 2008, 08:29 PM
Tadhg Leo never kicks out does he?

stellation
20th May 2008, 08:42 PM
I thought the problem was just when Leo handballed it and it left the goal square, not particuarly that Tadhg turned to play on with it.

I agree that it looked like he was just giving the ball to Tadhg for Tadhg to take the kick-in, it just happened that Tadhg was outside the square.

goswannie14
20th May 2008, 09:04 PM
I think it was a combination of both.

ScottH
20th May 2008, 09:21 PM
I thought it was unusual that Leo was bringing the ball in. As he never does it.

I also hadn't thought of it that he was just giving it to Tadhg, bery unusual free.

cruiser
20th May 2008, 09:36 PM
At the game I didnt know what was going on.

Bob Neil
21st May 2008, 02:28 PM

Thanks for the insight.

NMWBloods
21st May 2008, 02:32 PM
I think that explains a lot of the occasions when the crowd boos for no reason and is why I always take a radio to the game.

ugg
21st May 2008, 02:49 PM
Definitely Tadhg's fault. And dumb Lloyd goes and sledges poor Leo about it.

Perhaps Leo should've passed it rugby league style instead of handballing it, then the umpire couldn't have pinged him. Leo's taken a handful of kick-ins this year, never did last year IIRC. Makes me very nervous when he does so.

NMWBloods
21st May 2008, 02:54 PM
I think the umpire made the right call. Barry should have waited until Kennelly was already running back toward him.

ScottH
21st May 2008, 03:10 PM
I think the umpire made the right call. Barry should have waited until Kennelly was already running back toward him.

Or thrown the ball at/to Tadhg.