PDA

View Full Version : Bandwagoners.

ScottH
5th June 2008, 02:37 PM
1.28 million of them (http://www.smartcompany.com.au/Free-Articles/Trends/20080605-How-popular-is-your-AFL-club.html)

Sydney Swans supporters are 28% more likely to have travelled within Australia for business in the past 12 months.

OK.

Doctor J.
5th June 2008, 02:56 PM
Collingwood Magpies supporters are 103% more likely to have worked on their car 16 or more times in the past three months.

How do you get 103% and as if it would be their car.

Robbo
5th June 2008, 03:04 PM
LOL how the hell do they come up with this rubbish?

TheGrimReaper
5th June 2008, 03:08 PM
LOL how the hell do they come up with this rubbish?

Guess work? :confused:

ScottH
5th June 2008, 03:25 PM
Collingwood Magpies supporters are 103% more likely to have worked on their car 16 or more times in the past three months.

You have to ask??

Doctor J.
5th June 2008, 03:31 PM
You have to ask??

Sorry:o Its obvious

cruiser
5th June 2008, 03:52 PM
Richmond supporters are 45% more likely to have an intellectual disability.

Collingwood supporters are 87% more likely to be related to each other.

West Coast supporters are 96% more likely to know where to get the best stuff.

Port Adelaide supporters are 79% more likely to bash their partner after their team loses.

ItsAllGoodes
5th June 2008, 04:13 PM

Lets just say the average is 5%, i.e. 5% of the population worked on their car 16 or more times in the past three months.

Now assume that amongst Collingwood supporters, 10.15% of Collingwood supporters worked on their car 16 or more times in the past three months.

The formula is (10.15 - 5) divided by 5 = 103%

Now having said that...yes I agree, whilst it is mathematically OK, we know that its really a case of Collingwood supporters being far more likely to be working on other people's cars after they have stolen them

NMWBloods
5th June 2008, 04:13 PM
Swans supporters are 23% more likely to be paranoid.

cruiser
5th June 2008, 04:23 PM
Swans supporters are 23% more likely to be paranoid. You talking about me!! ;)

liz
5th June 2008, 04:23 PM
Swans supporters are 23% more likely to be paranoid.

Than who?

You should read some of the stuff on Pies boards. A handful of their supporters seem convinced that the AFL instructs umpires to do everything in their power to prevent them winning games. And yes, I think some really do believe this.

AnnieH
5th June 2008, 04:27 PM
Lets just say the average is 5%, i.e. 5% of the population worked on their car 16 or more times in the past three months.

Now assume that amongst Collingwood supporters, 10.15% of Collingwood supporters worked on their car 16 or more times in the past three months.

The formula is (10.15 - 5) divided by 5 = 103%

Now having said that...yes I agree, whilst it is mathematically OK, we know that its really a case of Collingwood supporters being far more likely to be working on other people's cars after they have stolen them

Did you use a calculator????
Nerds:)

Can you steal a car that is up on blocks??

NMWBloods
5th June 2008, 04:38 PM
Than who?
Than the normal population!

You should read some of the stuff on Pies boards. A handful of their supporters seem convinced that the AFL instructs umpires to do everything in their power to prevent them winning games. And yes, I think some really do believe this.Same same.

A random and invented survey of people on supporter sites or BF show they are at least 20% more paranoid than the normal population.

goswannie14
5th June 2008, 04:38 PM
Than who?

You should read some of the stuff on Pies boards. A handful of their supporters seem convinced that the AFL instructs umpires to do everything in their power to prevent them winning games. And yes, I think some really do believe this.
Are you sure you didn't mean on RWO?;)

ash3
5th June 2008, 04:39 PM
I travel for business at least 12 times a year - wow it must be correct :p

Industrial Fan
5th June 2008, 04:43 PM
I'm a silver f.f. member for three different airlines. Must follow Sydney.

ItsAllGoodes
5th June 2008, 05:11 PM
Did you use a calculator????
Nerds:)

No I am actually Daniel Chick...I was able to use my fingers and one toe to count to 10.15

garethb83
5th June 2008, 05:22 PM
Collingwood supporters are 87% more likely to be related to each other.

Shouldn't this be the Hawks? After all, they are the Tasmanian Hawks!

Nico
5th June 2008, 08:21 PM
Collingwood supporters pretend to work on their cars to impress their mates so they think they're cool. But the problem is all their mates are Collingwood supporters who know they are pretending because they pretend themselves.
So they all stand around their cars on blocks or someone else's car as was previously said, pretending to act cool but knowing they're not acting cool, but still believe they are impressing their mates.

How do you know a Collingwood supporter - when you ask him his name he says, Smiff or Smiffy.

TheHood
5th June 2008, 09:10 PM
Collingwood supporters pretend to work on their cars to impress their mates so they think they're cool. But the problem is all their mates are Collingwood supporters who know they are pretending because they pretend themselves.
So they all stand around their cars on blocks or someone else's car as was previously said, pretending to act cool but knowing they're not acting cool, but still believe they are impressing their mates.

How do you know a Collingwood supporter - when you ask him his name he says, Smiff or Smiffy.

I do know a Pie man called Smiddy.

DeadlyAkkuret
5th June 2008, 09:35 PM

LOL! That almost brought me to tears:D :o

Glenn
6th June 2008, 09:50 AM

I think the word stolen is missing from that line. :D