PDA

View Full Version : Hall a headcase and has to go.

ROK Lobster
7th July 2008, 09:46 PM
Hall is clearly a headcase, and should be shunted from the club. I have no sympathy for the nut job. The club has delivered him a premiership and gave him a second chance when he threatened to become a thug nobody at St Kilda. He has had more opportunities than thousands of others who would do anything to get the lifestyle he has been given - who wouldn't want to play AFL for a living and I imagine he has pulled more women as Big Bad barry than Big Brickie Barry would ever have. No, kick the @@@@@ out. Mental issue - sheesh, what has the world come to. Why not shack him up with Bingle and put him on full paid leave for a few months! Sorry Barry, time to go, you loser.

DST
7th July 2008, 09:52 PM
Hall is clearly a headcase, and should be shunted from the club. I have no sympathy for the nut job. The club has delivered him a premiership and gave him a second chance when he threatened to become a thug nobody at St Kilda. He has had more opportunities than thousands of others who would do anything to get the lifestyle he has been given - who wouldn't want to play AFL for a living and I imagine he has pulled more women as Big Bad barry than Big Brickie Barry would ever have. No, kick the @@@@@ out. Mental issue - sheesh, what has the world come to. Why not shack him up with Bingle and put him on full paid leave for a few months! Sorry Barry, time to go, you loser.

I don't agree, he should be given time away from the club with a professional to see if they can get his head right.

He will then only be allowes back into club if he meets the criteria set down by the professional who is treating him and the coach.

DST
:D

hammo
7th July 2008, 09:54 PM
He will then only be allowes back into club if he meets the criteria set down by the professional who is treating him and the coach.

You forgot the leadership group. That's probably the biggest hurdle for 'Hally' to overcome.

DST
7th July 2008, 09:59 PM
You forgot the leadership group. That's probably the biggest hurdle for 'Hally' to overcome.

Probably so, but in this case I would assume the professional will have 99% of the say when he maybe ready to return this time around.

DST

Captain
7th July 2008, 10:13 PM
Sorry Barry, time to go, you loser.

Classy:rolleyes:

Lucky Knickers
7th July 2008, 10:18 PM
He's going to jail to be Bubba's girlfriend if he keeps on the way he's going.

573v30
7th July 2008, 10:20 PM
He's going to jail to be Bubba's girlfriend if he keeps on the way he's going.

He'll be no-one's bitch if he's in the slammer, unless Wakelin goes too.

stellation
7th July 2008, 10:29 PM
He'll be no-one's bitch if he's in the slammer, unless Wakelin goes too.
He better hope that Matty Scarlett keeps his nose clean too.

Legs Akimbo
7th July 2008, 10:30 PM
A fish rots from the head, as they say, and Barry Hall has one ugly head!

Does this makes sense to anyone?

P.S. - The Barry Hall Hall is going to have to be dismantled and the smear of its ugly stain wiped vigorously from the pages of the Swans History book.

P.P.S - I think Barry Hall is a bad influence on Adam Goodes.

P.P.Ps - I think the best thing Barry can do is convert to Islam, become a professional boxer and wage Jihad on Danny Green.

bloodboy
7th July 2008, 10:56 PM

Utter garbage. The club 'delivered' him a premiership? Yeah, he had NOTHING to do with it. Just rocked up to the club one day and it was waiting for him under the Christmas tree. I am not sure if this is all part of your 'give Davo a go campaign', but it is pure trash mate. I agree, he shouldn't be doing what he is doing, but that is the sort of bloke he is...we knew that when we got him. Does this make it right? No. But there is a very fine line in the football world between the aggression you need to be good and going too far. Bazz SOMETIMES does not know where that line is. We need to help him out of this...still a great player.

connolly
8th July 2008, 12:30 AM
Utter garbage. The club 'delivered' him a premiership? Yeah, he had NOTHING to do with it. Just rocked up to the club one day and it was waiting for him under the Christmas tree. I am not sure if this is all part of your 'give Davo a go campaign', but it is pure trash mate. I agree, he shouldn't be doing what he is doing, but that is the sort of bloke he is...we knew that when we got him. Does this make it right? No. But there is a very fine line in the football world between the aggression you need to be good and going too far. Bazz SOMETIMES does not know where that line is. We need to help him out of this...still a great player.

Well said. The lack of compassion from some is disappointing. Lets hope the big bloke can work his way through this and get it back on track. All the best Barry and get yourself back.

stellation
8th July 2008, 08:05 AM
Well said. The lack of compassion from some is disappointing. Lets hope the big bloke can work his way through this and get it back on track. All the best Barry and get yourself back.
Ahhhhh- sweet, sweet compassion (http://redandwhiteonline.com/forum/search.php?searchid=101194) for your brother man.

Edit: Oh nevermind, stupid search function!

NMWBloods
8th July 2008, 10:02 AM
Well said. The lack of compassion from some is disappointing. Lets hope the big bloke can work his way through this and get it back on track. All the best Barry and get yourself back.The irony is so rich you could choke on it...

connolly
8th July 2008, 10:58 AM
The irony is so rich you could choke on it...

The difference is he tries. Some deserve compassion, and others . . . Well lets just say compassion has its limits even in big strong hearts.

ScottH
8th July 2008, 11:38 AM
Compassion for Cousins, but not for Hall!! :cool:

connolly
8th July 2008, 11:50 AM
Compassion for Cousins, but not for Hall!! :cool:

The hypocracy of Demteriou is also staggering. He praises the Bloods for suspending Barry due to concerns for his and his opponents well being and lashed WC with a feather over their failure to do the same with Cousins. Its a tough decision for Barry but we can feel proud of the club. Did the right thing in a code where that rarely happens.

hammo
8th July 2008, 11:53 AM
The hypocracy of Demteriou is also staggering. He praises the Bloods for suspending Barry due to concerns for his and his opponents well being and lashed WC with a feather over their failure to do the same with Cousins. Its a tough decision for Barry but we can feel proud of the club. Did the right thing in a code where that rarely happens.

For once I agree with you

thejones,s
8th July 2008, 12:05 PM
Stick him in the Magoo's.let him beat there opponents up..wont be missed by this guy..

Donners
8th July 2008, 12:12 PM
Last season, one admitted as horrible, he averaged almost 7 marks and 2.2 goals a game. This season, he's going at almost 10 marks and 2.4 goals a game. On pure performance, he should not go.

As to his demeanour, he has had two bad incidents in, what, the last four seasons? Admittedly, this second one was disturbing, coming so soon after his earlier punishment. However, there is nothing to say he cannot return to his attitude of just a few seasons ago. To turn on him like this is ridiculous.

thejones,s
8th July 2008, 12:21 PM
Move over Davis ,,barry's on his way...

Its not us turning on him..he has turned on himself....the guy has SIMPLY lost the plot...thuggery is not welcome in our team...we can win and play without him..the past means NOTHING..its about the future

Donners
8th July 2008, 12:42 PM
Two wild swings, one of which didn't connect, is hardly the sort of thing that should make Hall an outcast.

Frankly, his actions on the weekend were no more stupid than those of Goodes, who found himself suspended for constantly doing the same thing, and certainly no cheaper than his hit from behind a few years ago.

I don't recall the same outcry against Goodes.

thejones,s
8th July 2008, 12:45 PM
At least gooodes didnt sucker punch guys..or constantly keep getting agro...dont condone wat goodes does but its not the same ok...

Donners
8th July 2008, 12:56 PM
No, he just runs past the ball to bump their head as they bend over. What an improvement.

hammo
8th July 2008, 12:58 PM
Two wild swings, one of which didn't connect, is hardly the sort of thing that should make Hall an outcast.

Frankly, his actions on the weekend were no more stupid than those of Goodes, who found himself suspended for constantly doing the same thing, and certainly no cheaper than his hit from behind a few years ago.

I don't recall the same outcry against Goodes.

Goodes was (rightly) criticised for his recklessness and many said it was only a matter of time before he was suspended.

Hall's punches were well behind play and far more vicious than anything Goodes did. There is nothing more cowardy on an AFL field than throwing punches, especially when your opponent isn't looking.

I think the players, club and supporters have every right to feel let down by Hall after he said he wanted to be known as a footballer not a thug.

Clearly by his Davis-esque interview in the paper today, he is still in denial about the situation he finds himself in.

8th July 2008, 02:52 PM

What crap !

The Club delivered Barry a Premiership : Yeah Right !

Sure he has made a huge blue and he will pay the ultimate price now, that of the punishment from those who he would respect most : His mates , ROK !
The guy still has plenty to offer , and with some support from the right people he can come back and be the player he was.

Bob Neil
8th July 2008, 02:55 PM
Time to bring him back to the team, with open arms.
I forgive him for missing Wakelin.
He needs to work on his aim.

NMWBloods
8th July 2008, 03:03 PM
Sure he has made a huge blue and he will pay the ultimate price now, that of the punishment from those who he would respect most : His mates , ROK !
That's paying the ultimate price...?

8th July 2008, 03:37 PM
That's paying the ultimate price...?

Bloody oath it would be NMWBloods, letting your mates down that you play with and work with and the bond that he shares with them would hurt Barry.
The guys a pretty good bloke otherwise the club and others made a bad call.
He wouldnt of been Captain if he didnt have the right qualities about him.

The guy has gone from a Premiership Captain and hero and right now he is at his lowest ebb, mainly due now to the fact of his own actions and that of the Club and Leadership group have put on him.

Ask Wayne Carey, betcha what hurts most of all is the friendships he lost.

AnnieH
8th July 2008, 03:39 PM
Bloody oath it would be NMWBloods, letting your mates down that you play with and work with and the bond that he shares with them would hurt Barry.
The guys a pretty good bloke otherwise the club and others made a bad call.
He wouldnt of been Captain if he didnt have the right qualities about him.

The guy has gone from a Premiership Captain and hero and right now he is at his lowest ebb, mainly due now to the fact of his own actions and that of the Club and Leadership group have put on him.

Ask Wayne Carey, betcha what hurts most of all is the friendships he lost.

Seriously, I don't he's lost many mates over this.

Danzar
8th July 2008, 03:43 PM
Wow. Just shows how quickly someone can shunt support for a key and valued player of their 'beloved' club.

Fickle indeed.

How about you factor in the contribution Hall has made to the club and Sydney AFL in general, while also recognising the fact that Hall has proven that he can go from the 'headcase' he was at St Kilda to the leader he was at Sydney.

It really @@@@s me how quickly some people can turn on players.

Look up two word in the dictionary - "loyalty" and "faith".

8th July 2008, 04:03 PM
Seriously, I don't he's lost many mates over this.

Not saying Barry has lost mates over this Annie, more the fact he would know how much he has let his mates down from his actions.

Though the King has lost plenty.

NMWBloods
8th July 2008, 04:20 PM
"Paying the ultimate price" seems a bit over the top to describe your mates thinking you've let them down on the footy field.

thejones,s
8th July 2008, 04:45 PM
Yes on field actions IMO tend to bring a frown frm other clubs and supporters...maybe his actions bring blight into our game...

Dont you think the media hammers us enough without this?

8th July 2008, 05:35 PM
"Paying the ultimate price" seems a bit over the top to describe your mates thinking you've let them down on the footy field.

It is in terms of what the Swans have put in place.
Barry was the leader of that particular group that implemented them.
We are still right in the mix of a chance of winning a Premiership right now, and right at the moment he isnt in the mix because of his actions.
Why do they play footy for ??? To Win A Premiership.
He is an integral part of our chance to win one and he has let the group down at the most crucial stage of the season.
Barry wouldnt give a rats what I or NMWBloods, Mike Sheahan,Robert Walls or Joe Blow think but I will bet my left one he would care what Kirky,B1 Moorey,LRT,Bevo,Crackers,Tadgh etc etc think .
What Im implying in terms of "The Ultimate Price" is he has broken the Code to what all the Swans go by and which is where he was an integral fixture of leading those rules to all his mates.

8th July 2008, 06:06 PM

This statement plumbs as yet unchartered depths of idiocy.

Hall has kept his nose clean for 5 years. 5 years. He has one bad season with some on-field brain snaps and everyone wants to crucify the poor bastard.

Hall has done more at Sydney that probably anyone would've expected when we drafted him at the end of the 2001 season. Lay off my man BBBBH.

Lets Bring Back Ball-Bursting Hall. Now.

Captain
8th July 2008, 06:50 PM
Wow. Just shows how quickly someone can shunt support for a key and valued player of their 'beloved' club.

Fickle indeed.

How about you factor in the contribution Hall has made to the club and Sydney AFL in general, while also recognising the fact that Hall has proven that he can go from the 'headcase' he was at St Kilda to the leader he was at Sydney.

It really @@@@s me how quickly some people can turn on players.

Look up two word in the dictionary - "loyalty" and "faith".

Spot on.

CJK
8th July 2008, 07:03 PM
Was gonna comment on the poor trolling attempt but as we're up to three pages I will tip my hat to you.

/tips hat

swantastic
8th July 2008, 07:27 PM
Roosy said tonight on channel 10 that the Swans hadn't made an offer to Fev,but the other day he said he,Colless or the club had not spoken to Fev.:confused:

Does that mean he was lying about speaking to Fev or that they haven't had any contact with Fev at all or they haven't made an offer to Fev:confused:

Dogzbody
8th July 2008, 08:20 PM
I dont know about the rest of you, but Barry should probably be playing on the wing rather than waiting for the ball to come in. Magic can do just about anything that power forwards can do, so rather than letting Barry get frustrated when hes not getting the ball...let him go get it!

Change up the environment! We saw when he was out after the staker thing that inside 50 options got more unpredictable...and magic went crazy. Imagine having Barry freed up (much like Richo has been)

The style of swans play doesnt need a central "go to" target, rather someone capitalizing on the hard nut work done by Kirk and Jude in the middle. At the moment that is wasted, having a marking target on the wing that could float in and out of the forward line would be great!

Bloods
8th July 2008, 08:33 PM
Roosy said tonight on channel 10 that the Swans hadn't made an offer to Fev,but the other day he said he,Colless or the club had not spoken to Fev.:confused:

Does that mean he was lying about speaking to Fev or that they haven't had any contact with Fev at all or they haven't made an offer to Fev:confused:

The words doing the rounds that Fev is playing for the swans next season..

Back to topic!
I just think the swans a little hypocritical when they advertise Big Baz as bustling barry ,etc when he was sidelined for a few weeks Roos and other said they did`nt want him to change his game at all..

Don`t be redknecks saying he should go...
In Bazz`s darkest time us fans should support him..

hope to see back on the field soon champ!!

ROK Lobster
8th July 2008, 09:06 PM
This statement plumbs as yet unchartered depths of idiocy.Don't be so hard on yourself.

Hall has kept his nose clean for 5 years. 5 years.So what? He did it 3 months ago and said he had changed his ways, he was sad about a girl or something. 2 games back he does it again. Clearly team orientated play?
He has one bad season with some on-field brain snaps and everyone wants to crucify the poor bastard.He was crap last season too. He has been crap since the 2006 GF. We've started calling him Barry Baker-Finch

Hall has done more at Sydney that probably anyone would've expected when we drafted him at the end of the 2001 season. Lay off my man BBBBH.That's right, he was recruited as a boot studder :rolleyes: He has probably done what was expected,perhaps a little more but not enough to grant him a licence to punch behind play.

Lets Bring Back Ball-Bursting Hall. Now.We can't - he's suspended by the AFL, again. And plus, if Roos and the gang say he can't play, he can't play. We all know that that mob cannot be wrong. A true fan would anyway.

Triple B
8th July 2008, 09:16 PM
We've started calling him Barry Baker-Finch

Hehehehe nice one. :p

However Ian stuffed himself when he tinkered with his swing looking for more power.

Barry has been swinging well and his power looks plenty enough. I'll staker my reputation on it. :p :p

reigning premier
8th July 2008, 09:18 PM
You all should be grateful....

If it wasn't for Hall, the Sydney papers would of stopped writing articles about the Swans on Sunday morning...

Big Al
8th July 2008, 09:24 PM
Back to topic!
I just think the swans a little hypocritical when they advertise Big Baz as bustling barry ,etc when he was sidelined for a few weeks Roos and other said they did`nt want him to change his game at all..

Don`t be redknecks saying he should go...
In Bazz`s darkest time us fans should support him..

Not sure I ever saw any advertisement from the Swans regarding the BBBB tag.

Can you also post where Roos said he didn't want Barry to change his behaviour. I'm sure he wanted Halls aggression to be focused on the ball and not peoples chins.

I don't want him sacked or traded but he clearly has off field issues which need addressing. Maybe this wake up call by the club will focus Hall on getting himself right.

Big Al
8th July 2008, 09:26 PM
Barry has been swinging well and his power looks plenty enough. I'll staker my reputation on it. :p :p

Hopefully it's a wakelin up call for Hall.;)

Triple B
8th July 2008, 09:52 PM

I reckon the whole things a damn shane.

JUDO
8th July 2008, 09:58 PM

I had a hunch it would happen

Big Al
8th July 2008, 10:00 PM

Never let it be said that RWO doesn't provide "champagne" comedy. :D

Bloods
8th July 2008, 10:33 PM
Not sure I ever saw any advertisement from the Swans regarding the BBBB tag.

Can you also post where Roos said he didn't want Barry to change his behaviour. I'm sure he wanted Halls aggression to be focused on the ball and not peoples chins.

I don't want him sacked or traded but he clearly has off field issues which need addressing. Maybe this wake up call by the club will focus Hall on getting himself right.
The commercials promoting the games on the weekend says bustling barry,captain kirk. then maggo!!
anyway.
it was an interview on sportstonight a while where roo`s says he did`nt want him to change his game.
If you guys think hall has`nt done much for the Swans ,then you`d be kidding yourselves!!

Bloods
8th July 2008, 10:40 PM

Dude stop reading the papers and listening to Roos ,blaiming it on off field issues!!
Hall is aggressive and thats what alot of us like about him..
look, anyway you look at it now his fighting a loosing battle.
I`ll tell you why.

!. He does`nt meditate like Roos , Kirky & Goodes do!!:)

2.His Not Buddist.

3. He did`nt shake hands with the Delilarma in the dressing rooms when he came to see them ..
that was his down fall.
It`s been playing on his mind on how to win favour back with roosy!!

Give Hally a break.. Geez!!

To be in the

Big Al
8th July 2008, 10:53 PM
The commercials promoting the games on the weekend says bustling barry,captain kirk. then maggo!!
anyway.

Never saw the commercial - It was probably a promotion made by Ch10 and not the club.

it was an interview on sportstonight a while where roo`s says he did`nt want him to change his game.

No hypocrisy there. He was saying to Hall to continue your trademark aggression at the ball but it would be wise to STOP HITTING BLOKES. Anyway he hasn't been suspended by the Swans for the Wakelin incident. He is not mentally fit to play at the moment. (That's advice the club has gotten from a professional)

If you guys think hall has`nt done much for the Swans ,then you`d be kidding yourselves!!

Not sure why you included this in your response to me considering I have focused on current issues and not Hall's considerable contribution to the Swans in the past.

Triple B
8th July 2008, 11:02 PM
I think it is significant the timing of the incident on Saturday night (I watched the replay on Fox this afternoon).

Hall was dragged late in the second quarter. It's not on the vision, but it's fair to suggest Roos had something to say to him about the DUMB frees he had conceded and his general demeanour with the umps and teammates. There is also vision of him talking on the phone to the coaches box, but not who he was talking to, but I'm unsure if this was the same time he was dragged or later (red wine kicking in).

He is sent back on with a couple of minutes to go and the incident with Wakelin happens.

It's not a stretch to suggest it was at that point that it was the straw that broke Roos' back and he knew that Hall's headspace was elsewhere. If Hall is dragged for a chat, then goes straight back out and goes a bit troppo.......

Big Al
8th July 2008, 11:06 PM
Dude stop reading the papers and listening to Roos ,blaiming it on off field issues!!
I`ll tell you why.

2.His Not Buddist.

3. He did`nt shake hands with the Delilarma in the dressing rooms when he came to see them ..
that was his down fall.

For starters the Dalai Lama didn't visit the Sydney rooms. A Buddhist monk did visit the rooms who did bear a striking resemblance to the Dalai Lama. Also how do you know Hall didn't shake his hand and more importantly why would hall refuse such a shake anyway.:confused:

Most of the team aren't Buddhist so that argument is rather silly.

As for meditation see argument regarding being a Buddhist

To see this as a personal vendetta against hall seems rather inane. They got advice from a psychologist that hall is not fit to play. Can imagine the furore that would erupt if the club ignored that advice and played hall only to have Hall do something that ended his career. Don'y you think hall deserves better than have that happen to him?

Mogg0
9th July 2008, 12:47 AM
I hope he gets himself right and is playing in the red and white within a month.

Pathetic overreaction ROK. You mirror the ridiculous media beat-ups that are the reason why Barry hasn't been right since 06.

blinddog
9th July 2008, 12:56 AM
maybe we are looking at this the wrong way - the problem is with the white elephant. The solution, don't play Hall at the Olympic Stadium

Industrial Fan
9th July 2008, 09:45 AM
3. He did`nt shake hands with the Delilarma in the dressing rooms when he came to see them ..I heard he makes his own chorizo.

connolly
9th July 2008, 10:12 AM
I`ll tell you why.

2.His Not Buddist.

that was his down fall.

Bloods on a site where conspiracy theories flourish and paranoa lurks in many posts this is right up there with the best. Hall the victim of a Buddist conspiracy. Like it.

hot potato
9th July 2008, 08:25 PM
I`ll tell you why.

2.His Not Buddist.

that was his down fall.

To be in the

iS THAT A NEW SMALLGOODS FRANCHISE??

Bloods
9th July 2008, 08:38 PM
Bloods on a site where conspiracy theories flourish and paranoa lurks in many posts this is right up there with the best. Hall the victim of a Buddist conspiracy. Like it.

ROK Lobster
9th July 2008, 08:43 PM
Pathetic overreaction ROK. You mirror the ridiculous media beat-ups that are the reason why Barry hasn't been right since 06.Thanks. My point exactly.

Wardy
10th July 2008, 09:08 AM
Thanks. My point exactly.

Thanks for putting the rest out of their misery Rok - I was wondering how long it would take for the penny to drop that you were actually taking the piss!:D ;)

Captain
10th July 2008, 09:49 AM
Thanks for putting the rest out of their misery Rok - I was wondering how long it would take for the penny to drop that you were actually taking the piss!:D ;)

I was waiting for this. It's like someone making an offensive comment then saying 'only joking'.

Poor taste is the only way to describe the thread.

DeadlyAkkuret
10th July 2008, 04:07 PM
I was waiting for this. It's like someone making an offensive comment then saying 'only joking'.

Poor taste is the only way to describe the thread.

Yep. Wait for the thread to run off the tracks and then claim it was all just to make a point.

Typical crap:rolleyes:

Captain
10th July 2008, 06:09 PM
Typical crap:rolleyes:

...and so predictable

royboy42
10th July 2008, 06:56 PM
And quite offensive to Bingle... but it's about the level we expect from this poster.

ROK Lobster
10th July 2008, 07:02 PM
The point of the thread was to make a point, in the context of an earlier thread Nick Davis - Head Case! - RedAndWhiteOnline.com Messageboard (http://www.redandwhiteonline.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6660&highlight=Nick+Davis+Head+case).
It was not a joke.
It never went off the rails.
Any bird who displays her tits for cash is fair game (in this context) - plus I hardly see how it was offensive?

royboy42
10th July 2008, 09:39 PM
'Fair game"! Maybe not a classic defense in a court...people see bars for a long time using that one.

ROK Lobster
10th July 2008, 10:15 PM
'Fair game"! Maybe not a classic defense in a court...people see bars for a long time using that one.Yeah, you might be right. A bloke I know did 25 years for suggesting that one of his mates shack up with a girl we knew. :rolleyes:

Beer Baron
12th July 2008, 10:12 AM

:D :D :D

Yes, yes, yes & yes. Swans play better without him anyway.... He hasn't had a decent game in years.....

timthefish
12th July 2008, 11:55 AM
Any bird who displays her tits for cash is fair game

yes, she must keep those wicked things covered up or she'll immediately turn either into a prostitute or a rape-slave (it wasn't clear to me whether or not she would be a willing participant or even if you thought it mattered).