View Full Version : Changes for Round 16 V Carltank

Robbo
13th July 2008, 05:13 PM
Out: EVERITT, LRT.

In: Currie, Grundy.

Thoughts?

doctor swan
13th July 2008, 05:18 PM
how about schmidt , davis and anyone else who can kick straight.
buchanan will be out compliments mrp
also melcho should be ok , but tadgh s shoulder looks suspect.
could eb many changes for next week well anything more than 2 is a lot for us

Donners
13th July 2008, 05:22 PM
Didn't see the game so I don't know about any suspensions.

Jack sounds like he needs a break, much like Bird had earlier in the season.

Everitt has contributed nothing once again, but it hasn't stopped him being selected before.

is2SWaNz
13th July 2008, 05:25 PM
Looks like Amon will be suspended.

Robbo
13th July 2008, 05:26 PM
I forgot about Buchanan. Schmidt should replace him.

Assuming Kennelly will be out with injury, Melcho should replace him.

There's no excuse for not bringing Currie in this week. A few people on here bring up the fact that he is still a bit lean. But if he plays against Carlton he will be coming up against someone who is the same height, age and build.

NMWBloods
13th July 2008, 05:27 PM
Major changes needed.

OUT: LRT, Kennelly, Buchanan, Jack, Everitt

IN: Grundy, Davis, Schmidt, Brennan, White

swan_song
13th July 2008, 05:30 PM
out Everitt (too slow), LRT (cp), jack (needs a rest), bird (needs a rest), bevan (cp), Leo (needs to retire), Tiger (needs time to recover from shoulder).
In: Hall, Davis, the Eski...and a random selection of (cps) from the 2s (ie Mathews, Brennan Grundy).

Any chance Fev could play for us next week...

573v30
13th July 2008, 05:39 PM
Out/Possible Outs: Ablett, Buchanan (if suspended), Everitt, Jack, Kennelly (injured), Moore, Roberts-Thomson, Smith

In/Possible Ins: Barlow, Brabazon (better late than never), Brennan, Davis, Fosdike, Grundy, Malceski, Schmidt, White

swansrule100
13th July 2008, 05:42 PM
Major changes needed.

OUT: LRT, Kennelly, Buchanan, Jack, Everitt

IN: Grundy, Davis, Schmidt, Brennan, White

we ever made that many changes in a week. I like those changes though, maybe currie instead of white?

youd keep smith in?? im not sure either way yet. Cant hurt to give him a bit of a run in the seniors.

NMWBloods
13th July 2008, 06:04 PM
Smith needs a few weeks to get a bit of feel for the game. White or Currie is fine by me - I don't know a lot about either. I think Ablett should be on thin ice too. Marty's favourite nephew is hardly outstanding - gets a bit of the ball but doesn't do much with it.

CureTheSane
13th July 2008, 06:07 PM
Buchanan will most likely get a week or two, which is no big loss as he should be dropped and made to kick for goal endlessly for two weeks.

In: Kirk, Kirk, Kirk.

gossipcom
13th July 2008, 06:23 PM
Davo and Barlow were all on this week's injury list so it depends how they pull up next week I guess. Same goes with Fossie. We need Fossie.

Any word on how the Ressies went?

Danzar
13th July 2008, 06:25 PM
Looks like Amon will be suspended.
Shame, because I thought he presented himself really well. Just missed those damn kicks. Still, he was promising.

ugg
13th July 2008, 06:27 PM
Davo and Barlow were all on this week's injury list so it depends how they pull up next week I guess. Same goes with Foosie. We need Fossie.

Any word on how the Ressies went?
Davis played, Fossie and Barlow didn't.

gossipcom
13th July 2008, 06:28 PM
Davis played, Fossie and Barlow didn't.
Going by that then I'd say Davis could come into contention next week with Brennan.

Personally I'd like to see O'Dwyer given a chance.

Legs Akimbo
13th July 2008, 06:45 PM
It's a weird season. Still sitting on 4th place, but most would agree that the top three are miles in front and that the probability of pulling a premiership in 2008 is diminishing to zero.

At the start of the season, Roos alluded to changes and that he'd give the current guard the benefit of the doubt. To his credit he blooded a group of sub 22 year olds and they have stood up. However, as is often the case, the newbies are dropping off in the second half. Add to that some of our seniors looking closer to the end thant might have been expected.

We face a serious conundrum.

So what should Roos do?

Scenario 1: Retain the Newbies and accept that are going to be below their best, but benefit from the experience, pensioning off some of the oldies at the same time and resting some of the walking wounded?
Scenario 2: Rest old newbies and try newer newbies together with failing oldies.
Scenario 3: Play this year's strongest line up (on paper) every week in the belief we can still have a realistic crack once they come good. Don't panic!

NMWBloods
13th July 2008, 06:53 PM
Scenario 2.

swansrule100
13th July 2008, 06:55 PM
i think we can see some obvious mistakes and problem areas. But solutions include bringing in either white or currie for everitt, what will they bring?

Davis in, he might get 2-3 goals but wont provide that much more. Barlow, Schmidt could come in but again will any of the changes make the much difference.

Our best 22 probably would include a fit and performing davis hall and malceski and we know of the 22 who played today at least 18 of them have played a fair bit better. But we don't really have that much scope for massive change.

The biggest change needs to be in general play and structure. The ball use needs improvement for one. Can this be fixed at this stage? It would seem silly for a team sitting fourth to drop a bunch of senior guys and throw the kids to the wolves. So theres not a lot Roos can do except make the odd change and try to get the guys back in form.

DST
13th July 2008, 08:08 PM
Biggest problem at present is that newbies in Jack, Moore (especially) etc need a rest but the next level of newbies are all either injured or coming back from injury and are not ready.

It would seem from all reports our taller players in the reserves (Currie, White, Faulks, Murphy, Brennan and Orreal) have been able to make it out each week.

Roos does not have that many options at present as our midfield running younger players have not been able to string enough games together to demand a spot in the seniors.

Hopefully next year the next group in Barlow, Schmidt, Thornton, DOK, Vespa, Laidlaw, Merideth will remain injury free and be pushing for senior selection.

DST
:D

NMWBloods
13th July 2008, 09:05 PM
Apparently Davis hurt his knee in the reserves today.

i'm-uninformed2
13th July 2008, 09:16 PM
Getting to the SCG early for a decent seat (yes, an old snob members) Schmidt and Fossie have been the two standout midfielders.

Now Fossie is injured so ruled out but how Schmidt missed today when Smith got a run is beyond me.

Can gut run despite his shape, has clean skills and poise compared to some of the kick and hopers we have in the side.

Slot him in, run him through the midfield for the rest of the season, and see if he confirms what we all instinctively know - he has some ability.

Up to him

hammo
13th July 2008, 09:59 PM
If Malceski can come straight back into the seniors after a serious knee injury then I have no idea why Fosdike is forced to return via the twos.

He's the best runner in the club so fitness shouldn't be a worry. Surely if he's over his injury then he can come back in.

I hope the Davis injury (if he is) isn't a worry. We need him in our forward line desperately because Playfair and Buchanan are absolute muppets when it comes to kicking for goal.

Our forward line without Hall would have to be one of the weakest in the competition. Too many players are surviving on reputation alone.

SimonH
14th July 2008, 12:34 PM
RWO cries: Sack half the team, especially LRT, Everitt and whoever else played badly this weekend.

Selection reality: Out Buchanan (if suspended), In Malceski.