PDA

View Full Version : Hawks v Pies (SPOILERS)

ugg
1st August 2008, 11:29 PM
Collingwood 8.14 (62)
Buddy 8.6 (54)

So close :D

573v30
1st August 2008, 11:30 PM
Great win by the Hawks, leaving the Magpies on shaky ground.

Wins to Adelaide, Brisbane and St. Kilda this round will kick the feral Magpies out of the Top Eight. :D

ugg
1st August 2008, 11:32 PM
Don't forget Richmond ;)

cruiser
2nd August 2008, 08:06 AM
I fear that Sydney are playing even worse than Collingwood at the moment, especially given the result of our recent game against them.

goswannie14
2nd August 2008, 08:10 AM
I fear that Sydney are playing even worse than Collingwood at the moment, especially given the result of our recent game against them.I know what you are saying, however, by the same reasoning, we are a better side that Collingwood because we got closer to Hawthorn that they did. It's a conundrum.

Bas
2nd August 2008, 10:52 AM
It was sooooooo sad to see joffa sitting there with a face longer than a horses. NOT!

mcs
2nd August 2008, 01:47 PM
lets just hope we can do the right thing tomorrow and finish off their chances for the 4 and in turn probably any hope for the flag.

What about Franklin though. When he decides to turn it on there is noone with a hope of stopping him. Watch out the poor team that gets him on a day when his radar is completely tuned in. For once I agree with Malthouse when he said that Buddy could break the record for most goals in a game.

Xie Shan
2nd August 2008, 02:47 PM
This year's GF could well be a re-match of 1989, only the other way around, if you know what I mean.

goswannie14
3rd August 2008, 02:57 AM
If it was anything like 89, half the Geelong team wouldn't be playing for more than half of next season with the new tribunal rules.

NMWBloods
3rd August 2008, 11:08 AM
Other way around so it will be half the Hawthorn team (which fits really given their number of reports this year)!!

Xie Shan
3rd August 2008, 06:00 PM
C'mon guys, it couldn't have been that hard to figure out what I meant, could it? :p Other way round as in it being Buddy's turn to kick a bag in a losing side instead of Ablett snr...anyhoo, if the Hawks and Cats do meet in the finals I wouldn't be surprised if they turned it on, they both have the talent to do it but I'd back the Cats to win 9 times out of 10.

NMWBloods
3rd August 2008, 06:05 PM
:) I got it - that's why I said half the Hawthorn would be suspended (given Geelong's rough stuff in the '89 final).

I'd love to see a repeat of '89 but in reverse.

Xie Shan
6th August 2008, 05:24 PM
I'd love to see a repeat of '89 but in reverse.

A guy on bigfooty (http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showthread.php?t=445268) flagged the possibility back in May, so I can't even claim the credit if the prediction comes true. Damn!!