PDA

View Full Version : McVeigh kicks six!

Swanner
4th August 2008, 01:45 PM
McVeigh looked like a gun!!! I never thought he could be a game breaker but how wrong I was. I don't think Wayne Schwass ever kicked six -- there are not too many midfielders who have.

I am extremely disappointed with the result but I don't think we are far away. Positives were McVeigh, Brennan, Vesper, Teddie, OKeefe - and i think Hall is slowly working back into form. The truth is with a fully fit Goodes, Malceski and Barry we would have won.

connolly
4th August 2008, 01:53 PM
McVeigh looked like a gun!!! I never thought he could be a game breaker but how wrong I was. I don't think Wayne Schwass ever kicked six -- there are not too many midfielders who have.

I am extremely disappointed with the result but I don't think we are far away. Positives were McVeigh, Brennan, Vesper, Teddie, OKeefe - and i think Hall is slowly working back into form. The truth is with a fully fit Goodes, Malceski and Barry we would have won.

The player we are really missing up forward is Magic. He gives us the mobility and movement. The sizzle with Big Barry's sausage.

cruiser
4th August 2008, 02:19 PM
McVeigh wins my vote for most improved so far this season. He was a joy to watch yesterday. I'm seriously excited about how well he has developed this year. If he keeps getting better, he may become one of the competitions best midfielders.

Legs Akimbo
4th August 2008, 02:28 PM
McVeigh wins my vote for most improved so far this season. He was a joy to watch yesterday. I'm seriously excited about how well he has developed this year. If he keeps getting better, he may become one of the competitions best midfielders.

After the late replay last night, I went to bed dreaming about our future midfield of Bird and Moore extracting from the foot of the tap down from Currie and Jolly to Veszpremi, McVeigh and Jack. A bit short of cms, but not a bad set-up. I still think we are looking in trouble at the book-ends, but that is another story.

hammo
4th August 2008, 02:28 PM
What a shame he's been used as a tagger for the majority of his career so far.

A couple of his goals weaving out of packs there reminded me of Gary Ablett Jnr. Some great signs for us.

Captain
4th August 2008, 02:47 PM
I love how quick his hands are! Brilliant...

Pity he missed that easy shot at goal though.

Donners
4th August 2008, 03:05 PM
I had flashbacks to the game where Matthew Nicks kicked 6.7...

UglyDuckling
4th August 2008, 03:11 PM
McVeigh is looking like the future of the club averaging almost 20 disposals and kicking 27 goals, thats 17 more than Ryan O.

He is flourishing in his more attacking role and is most definately developing into a gun and lets not forget the fact that he just turned 23.

Im so glad he is doing so well afer copping so much criticism especially from fans on this site. I have always been a fanand always will be.

Donners
4th August 2008, 03:16 PM
McVeigh is looking like the future of the club averaging almost 20 disposals and kicking 27 goals, thats 17 more than Ryan O.

7 more goals and 23 fewer possessions, by my count...

Lohengrin
4th August 2008, 03:26 PM
It's a pretty awesome performance this season for McVeigh. Averaging 20 disposals per game (third behind Kirk and O'Keefe) and kicking 27 goals (second behind O'Loughlin).

goswannie14
4th August 2008, 05:35 PM
I've always liked Macca, glad to see him going so well.....and Keeping Annie to the speed limit!!!:p

AnnieH
4th August 2008, 06:23 PM
I've always liked Macca, glad to see him going so well.....and Keeping Annie to the speed limit!!!:p

Damn him.
It took me FOREVER to drive back from Canberra yesterday.
It's SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO hard keeping under 120 K/h!!!

NMWBloods
4th August 2008, 06:58 PM
It took me FOREVER to drive back from Canberra yesterday.
It's SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO hard keeping under 120 K/h!!!You know that driving 130km/h instead of 120km/h from Canberra to Sydney saves only about 10min in a 3.5 hour trip?

cruiser
4th August 2008, 07:22 PM
I've always liked Macca, glad to see him going so well.....and Keeping Annie to the speed limit!!!:pHuh? Did McVeigh get a ride home with Annie? :confused:

liz
4th August 2008, 07:28 PM
You know that driving 130km/h instead of 120km/h from Canberra to Sydney saves only about 10min in a 3.5 hour trip?

Or that the speed limit is 110km/h, not 120!!

dendol
4th August 2008, 08:24 PM
You know that driving 130km/h instead of 120km/h from Canberra to Sydney saves only about 10min in a 3.5 hour trip?
or that if you're doing 130km/h, you might as well do 140km/h because you'll still get fined the same amount but get home faster (or not get home at all).