PDA

View Full Version : Round 19 - Fremantle

Cheer Squad
4th August 2008, 11:11 PM
Freo, heave ho. God I hope so. We must win this game to hold onto 4th spot.

We've only lost to the Dockers twice in the last ten matches and those losses were at Subiaco. They haven't beaten us at the SCG since 1996.

There were some passages of play against the Bulldogs where we were quite good, considering we had a patched-up team. Let's hope it was the start of an upswing in our form. Swans by 26.

dendol
4th August 2008, 11:33 PM
If we must lose to bogeys Collingwood and Adelaide year after year, there is no way we will lose this game. NO WAY! Swans by 40.

Rod_
4th August 2008, 11:35 PM
Danger game

Freo have lifted and a lot of players want to save their collective skin (remain on the freo list next year)

Rod_

bennyfrou
5th August 2008, 12:18 AM
I agree, Freo will be inspired after last week's derby. Danger game for us. A good test but history does show that we play well against Freo. I voted Swans between 1 and 9 - putting this game in the Carlton category this year. We normally thrash carlton and could only beat them by 2

573v30
5th August 2008, 12:31 AM
It's a MUST WIN clash. The backline must improve to avoid what Pavlich and McPharlin did to the Eagles in the Derby. I'm confident that the Swans' midfield will control most of the play and hopefully the forward line can kick straight with Hall back in form.

Swans by 26

Allymay
5th August 2008, 12:49 AM
I agree. We must win, no ifs, buts or behinds. (Sorry, poor joke that one:rolleyes: )
Freo would be very confident right now...3 wins in row.

If we lose, we stand to have the piss taken out of us for the rest of the year...and most of next year until we beat them again.

Seagoon
5th August 2008, 12:59 AM
We will win, and we will see a standout performance from two players. One player will be injured & out for the season, and one will have a total shocker. Thats my prediction. Please don't believe me though, I just made that all up and im not psychic!

ScottH
5th August 2008, 07:31 AM
If we can't beat them @ home by more than 40 points, we don't deserve to be playing in September.

AnnieH
5th August 2008, 01:55 PM
Farmer accepts one match suspension (http://www.afl.com.au/News/NEWSARTICLE/tabid/208/Default.aspx?newsId=64809)

That helps.

Jewels
5th August 2008, 02:05 PM
If we can't beat them @ home by more than 40 points, we don't deserve to be playing in September.

Ditto.......

hammo
5th August 2008, 05:05 PM
Hopefully Freo played their grand final last week. I can't see them being terribly interested to be honest, so Swans by 36.

AnnieH
5th August 2008, 05:29 PM
I actually hope we rip them a new one (even though there's no option).
My quokka-loving brother is coming with me on Saturday. It'll be his first game at the SCG and I have no doubt that he'll be leaving in tears!!:)

Robbo
5th August 2008, 05:57 PM
We won't make the 8 if we lose this IMO.

Cheer Squad
5th August 2008, 06:10 PM
I actually hope we rip them a new one (even though there's no option).

We're giving "rip them a new one" a bit of a rest until the finals :D

BSA5
5th August 2008, 10:01 PM
Ah, @@@@, I accidentally chose Freo by 10-19. I meant the Swans by the same margin.

Anyway, yeah, I thought we showed enough against the Dogs, and certainly enough in the first, third and fourth quarters, to be fairly confident going in.

swantastic
5th August 2008, 10:12 PM
If the Swans dont win this one i'm going to flip.

Swans by 40+

reigning premier
6th August 2008, 02:18 PM
Swans by as many as you like.....

Freo's only mission was to be WCE. That done, they'll be back to their choking best.

TheHood
6th August 2008, 03:26 PM
we don't deserve to be playing in September.

Or from March to August!

ep2006
7th August 2008, 10:22 PM
It would be funny as hell if you guys lose. ;)

Robbo
7th August 2008, 10:28 PM
It would be funny as hell if you guys lose. ;)

Not as funny as how crap the eagles are.

ep2006
7th August 2008, 10:34 PM
I don't think we're crap, we're just in full tank mode thats all.

Our victories and close losses this year have come against strong opposition so there is some hope.

DeadlyAkkuret
8th August 2008, 02:32 AM
I don't think we're crap, we're just in full tank mode thats all.

Our victories and close losses this year have come against strong opposition so there is some hope.

So now you do think they're tanking?

A few of your posts in the "West Coast 2nd from bottom" thread seem to suggest you don't think the Eagles would tank.

So, which is it? Are they @@@@ or a team that's deliberately starting a losing culture for picks?

:D

Thunder Shaker
8th August 2008, 03:24 PM
Fremantle are a danger game, but if the Swans bring the A-game Freo will have no chance. Swans by 34.

8th August 2008, 05:22 PM
Just Win .
If we lose may as well forget it.

Surely Freo played their GF for Seany Mac last week.They are fair dinkum bitches this mob, really dont know what they will serve up.

Swans by 33.

ep2006
8th August 2008, 08:36 PM
In all honesty you'll win no doubt.

All Fremantle's done is that they've beaten three bottom four teams in three weeks. :p

Darren Thomson
8th August 2008, 09:13 PM
Yes we should beat Freo by 10 goals and I will be disappointed if we don't. If our blokes kick more goals than points for a change that is!!!!

ScottH
8th August 2008, 10:57 PM
In all honesty you'll win no doubt.

All Fremantle's done is that they've beaten three bottom four teams in three weeks. :p

We haven't done much better, than beating the bottom teams.

Cheer Squad
9th August 2008, 12:01 AM
Judging by the poll result, we're very confident we'll have a healthy win this week. We haven't been this confident since Round 14...against Collingwood...or Round 17...against the Crows... :rolleyes:

573v30
9th August 2008, 12:14 AM
Judging by the poll result, we're very confident we'll have a healthy win this week. We haven't been this confident since Round 14...against Collingwood...or Round 17...against the Crows... :rolleyes:

Maybe the players finally realise what's at stake and will do their best not to stuff it up, I hope...

Seagoon
9th August 2008, 02:53 PM
Im comfortable with the thought that we will kick arse tonight. Id like to get to the game, but Ill be watching from the comfort of my lounge.

swantastic
9th August 2008, 03:13 PM
Im comfortable with the thought that we will kick arse tonight. Id like to get to the game, but Ill be watching from the comfort of my lounge.Not a real supporter.