PDA

View Full Version : We're all over the shop....

Cheer Squad
28th August 2008, 08:17 PM
Heartbroken players, Goodes not being rested, Roos not knowing what he's doing, even Davis gets a mention...

Swans go for broke | Daily Telegraph (http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/sport/afl/story/0,27009,24253530-5016140,00.html)

hammo
28th August 2008, 08:20 PM
What a crock. Would this happen at any other club in the AFL?

Why are we dropping an up and coming star in Vesz so the leadership group can have one last drink from the cup of past glories.

timthefish
28th August 2008, 09:31 PM
smart move. if it doesn't work, he has a strong, clear mandate to draw a line through three or four aging stars of the old a-grade (many posters would claim he had that in july). if it works, well bugger me and the same 3 or 4 will opt to retire on a high.

Legs Akimbo
28th August 2008, 10:00 PM
I am in awe of the fact that our club Media Manager can pump this @@@@ out and realistically expect anyone to believe it. Swan's press releases are coming to resemble Orwellian new speak more and more every day.

With such inconsistency, I've given up trying to decipher what is going on in the club. Maybe Ves is in the dog box for looking too much like Nic Davis.

BTW, I love the way the theme of the moment is the 'realisation' that the 'era' is over. We are supposed to believe it took until round 20 2008 for the brains in bottles that run our club to realise this. Yet while Roos tells us something we already know, the club keeps churning out puff pieces from ghost written players professing how determined they are to turn the corner, how each new game is going to be different to the last because it is all about a loss of form.

Yawn emoticon...where is it?

Wazza
28th August 2008, 10:10 PM
The Era is over - the guys are not up to it - time for something different

The new era begins drop Vez and bring back Ablett wow Im impressed

Ablett really must have played well last week. Luckily we have the leadership group to look after their self interests - oops I meant the clubs interest.

This was the week someone needed to stand up and show some leadership, shake up the group, make a stand - yes ROOS thats supposed to be you!

but the leadership group must have more of an idea how to turn things around because you sure dont Mr Roos.

Cheers

Waz

Lucky Knickers
28th August 2008, 10:48 PM
BEGIN RANT
"Heartbroken"?
^&*^ @U#$@#U(@ FHUE()#*U $#*R(Y*#(R Y#U @(*$#& #*$&*! $$#*(@(( ***#@ #$(Y*&#((&*

END RANT

connolly
28th August 2008, 11:53 PM
Heartbroken players, Goodes not being rested, Roos not knowing what he's doing, even Davis gets a mention...

Swans go for broke | Daily Telegraph (http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/sport/afl/story/0,27009,24253530-5016140,00.html)

Not really. Thommo the custodian of the little champs fast fading future is using all the diplomatic skills he learned in a car park in Wollongong boxing on with his teamates to send another desperate signal. FFS he's really not waving the career is sinking. Fast.

anniswan
29th August 2008, 12:18 AM
Please let us play Adelaide in the final so I have a resonable excuse not to be there.

ScottH
29th August 2008, 07:17 AM
BEGIN RANT
"Heartbroken"?
^&*^ @U#$@#U(@ FHUE()#*U $#*R(Y*#(R Y#U @(*$#& #*$&*! $$#*(@(( ***#@ #$(Y*&#((&*

END RANT

:eek: :eek: :eek:

Lucky Knickers
29th August 2008, 09:53 AM
Absolutely Scotty. What sort of mamby pamby @@@@ is that to be trotting out just prior to the finals. Everyone on RWO is telling us to not take finals for granted. Well someone ought to tell the players to pull their heads out of their arses and get on with the business of playing.

TheHood
29th August 2008, 10:08 AM
These pieces in print are total trash aren't they?

Same old lines about close wins over wooden spooners being the "catalyst for a crack at the finals" and we "have to steel ourselves" and "get our intensity back" and "we know we can do it, we just need everyone firing".

There is far too much talk.

Dropping the Vez for NOG is inexcusable. NOG is just about the worst player in the AFL, he's going down hill in terms of age and his footy is just "dive on the ball" and/or "slam it on the boot...no direction at all required".

If NOG went into the draft, not even Ross Lyon would feel compelled to take a closer look. Dean Bailey wouldn't be tempted.