PDA

View Full Version : Round 22 Cheering Guide (contains SPOILERS)

ugg
29th August 2008, 09:25 PM
FREO v Collingwood
North v PORT ADELAIDE
Adelaide v WESTERN BULLDOGS
ESSENDON v St Kilda

For the Swans to finish 4th, all 4 results have to go our way.

For the Swans to nab with a home final in the 1st week, at least 2 of the results have to go our way.

Of course, this is predicated on us beating Brisbane.

So heave ho go Freo yo yo

cruiser
29th August 2008, 10:03 PM
Despite the realist in me saying "why bother", I'm really wanting Freo to win for us. And they've started well.

Cher
29th August 2008, 10:07 PM
Go Freo, normally I wouldn't care and I keep telling others that we won't win another game, but deep down of course i want us to get back to fourth

ep2006
29th August 2008, 10:34 PM
If Dockers win they can kiss goodbye Naitanui.

And I kiss goodbye my asperations for my footy tipping. :(

Cher
29th August 2008, 10:59 PM
If Dockers win they can kiss goodbye Naitanui.

And I kiss goodbye my asperations for my footy tipping. :(

I'm going so bad in the footy tipping that it wouldn't matter who I picked so I picked all the teams that Sydney need to win!

Bob Neil
29th August 2008, 11:06 PM
Damn Dockers - lose, lose!

Can someone work out the odds of Dockers, Port, Bulldogs and Bombers all winning? Use TAB / CentreBet odds etc... A wet dream.

Would prefer Port have a last lash & beat Northern Kangas, assuming Pies win tonight and therefore we avoid them. That gives us a 20% chance at week one instead of 2.8%.

cruiser
29th August 2008, 11:23 PM
Why couldnt Collingwood play this badly last week? :(

ugg
29th August 2008, 11:24 PM
Damn Dockers - lose, lose!

Can someone work out the odds of Dockers, Port, Bulldogs and Bombers all winning? Use TAB / CentreBet odds etc... A wet dream.

Would prefer Port have a last lash & beat Northern Kangas, assuming Pies win tonight and therefore we avoid them. That gives us a 20% chance at week one instead of 2.8%.
About 0.5% Drops to 0.35% if you include the odds of us beating Brisbane.

floppinab
29th August 2008, 11:35 PM

Thinking the same thing................. they've had the opposite problem to us, playing well against the top teams and crap against the bottom ones.

Edit : How those bay boys going..........!!!!!!! :-)

cruiser
29th August 2008, 11:43 PM
Edit : How those bay boys going..........!!!!!!! :-)
Have lost a couple over the last few weeks so looks like the Double Spews are gonna win the minor premiership.

Freo score first goal of the 4th!! 25 pts in front, 17 mins left in a low scoring game!

Edit: Freo score another! Surely they're gonna win this. Who would have thought.

ScottH
29th August 2008, 11:46 PM

Freo are playing better than us??

ep2006
29th August 2008, 11:58 PM
Where does this leave Collingwood? I'd say a loss like this would make them easy targets for a first week finals exit but in saying that they had lost their last game of the H&A season last year and made the Prelim. :confused:

Matt79
30th August 2008, 12:03 AM
Dockers home!!!

ugg
30th August 2008, 12:07 AM
Dockers home!!!
Start waving your golden jacket Matt!

I've finally broken Scott's curse.

573v30
30th August 2008, 12:09 AM
Freo win by 24 points.

It amazes me that we can't beat a side who were beaten by Carlton twice, Essendon and now Freo.

Oh well, let's hope we don't face them next week and that we win our final and the Magpies lose theirs. Maybe the Collingwood feral supporters can burn their own scarves and flags.

Cher
30th August 2008, 12:10 AM
Just shows how bad we have been playing

Matt79
30th August 2008, 12:11 AM

:D :D

ugg
30th August 2008, 12:11 AM
Don't forget they have 4 changes this week.

Triple B
30th August 2008, 12:16 AM
HUGE chance of Sydney-Collingwood in Sydney now.

Not sure if it's a :) for the home final or a :frown for Collingwood.

floppinab
30th August 2008, 12:17 AM
the Double Spews

Oiii, no need for that!!!!

Yep, don't think the Pies will give a rats clacka about that, in fact quite happy not to face the Cats next week.

Amazing from Farmer though, looks like he's played his last game.

hot potato
30th August 2008, 12:22 AM
HUGE chance of Sydney-Collingwood in Sydney now.

Not sure if it's a :) for the home final or a :frown for Collingwood.

Would that normally be on a Sat nite or a Sunday, I've just booked to go tassie for work on the sunday.

ugg
30th August 2008, 12:23 AM
If all the favourites win from now on (Adelaide is the favourite according to the bookies) we'll play Saints in Melbourne.

Triple B
30th August 2008, 12:25 AM
Would that normally be on a Sat nite or a Sunday, I've just booked to go tassie for work on the sunday.

If it's Sydney-Collingwood in Sydney, you can bet your house it will be on Saturday Night.

floppinab
30th August 2008, 12:26 AM
If all the favourites win from now on (Adelaide is the favourite according to the bookies) we'll play Saints in Melbourne.

Of all the permutations.................. that doesn't sound too bad.

hot potato
30th August 2008, 12:28 AM
Of all the permutations.................. that doesn't sound too bad.

The Crows are over rated, the Dogs will win that one.

Big Al
30th August 2008, 12:32 AM
Won't matter at all if we lose tomorrow because we would be easy fodder for whoever we play.

ugg
30th August 2008, 12:36 AM
In fact, unless there's a draw in there somewhere, I think Collingwood is the only possible team we can get for a home final in week 1.

(Assuming North and St Kilda win, which they should).

hot potato
30th August 2008, 12:39 AM
A different chemistry applies in finals. Some players are spooked, some play out of their skin, it can affect the marquee player having a shocker (BBBBH) or an Unco having a blinder (LRT).
Thats what makes it so nerve racking and unpredictable and the code exciting.

Triple B
30th August 2008, 12:41 AM
In fact, unless there's a draw in there somewhere, I think Collingwood is the only possible team we can get for a home final in week 1.

(Assuming North and St Kilda win, which they should).

Strange things happen in Rd 22, always have. Teams who have had disappointing seasons can throw caution to the wind early and when it comes off, they get on a roll and the favourites start to worry about finals and tighten up.

North and St Kilda are far from good things. Mind you, either are we :frown

ugg
30th August 2008, 12:42 AM
Haha yeah, I forgot about that possibility. It would probably mean a trip to Football Park.

JF_Bay22_SCG
30th August 2008, 01:33 AM
Haha yeah, I forgot about that possibility. It would probably mean a trip to Football Park.

Yeah, something I'm REALLY looking forward to. :rolleyes:

JF

Robbo
30th August 2008, 12:18 PM

That's the best option IMO.

But we have NO chance against Collingwood.

cruiser
30th August 2008, 02:44 PM
For the first time in my life I'm watching Port and wanting them to win.

Edit: Port are on a roll in the 2nd quarter, now leading by 2 goals with 2 mins left until half time. Go Port!!!!

Edit: Another goal to Port! Now 3 goals in front as half time approaches. :)

anniswan
30th August 2008, 03:16 PM
its all so confusing

ShockOfHair
30th August 2008, 03:18 PM
Listening to Adelaide radio today, pundits have marked down a win if Crows play Sydney.

But may not happen. Port three goals up over North!!

ScottH
30th August 2008, 03:25 PM

Ah hum. -> Rnd 22 Cheering Guide (or 4th Spot CG) - RedAndWhiteOnline.com Messageboard (http://www.redandwhiteonline.com/forum/showthread.php?t=26192)

Matty10
30th August 2008, 03:49 PM
...it's way too early to call yet (3rd quarter), but Port are up by 5 goals over North Melbourne!

ShockOfHair
30th August 2008, 03:53 PM
Port six goals up against woeful North! Another upset looms.

ugg
30th August 2008, 03:55 PM
Port six goals up against woeful North! Another upset looms.
and West Coast keeping up with Geelong. Have we entered some bizarro world?

Robbo
30th August 2008, 03:56 PM
Thank God North won't make the top 4.

Apart from us, they're the worst side in the 8 IMO.

hammo
30th August 2008, 03:56 PM
I have a headache trying to work it all out!

I think we'll be up against it winning tonight anyway.

satchmopugdog
30th August 2008, 03:57 PM
What is going on??? The planets are doing something crazy!!!!

I hate this there might be hope stuff!!!!!!!

ugg
30th August 2008, 03:59 PM
I have a headache trying to work it all out!

I think we'll be up against it winning tonight anyway.
Wouldn't that be disappointing, having all the results go our way, and yet fail to beat Brisbane? Sadly, I can see it happening!

Matty10
30th August 2008, 03:59 PM
...now they are up by 44 points!

There really is hope now... which is very scary.

cruiser
30th August 2008, 04:01 PM
What is going on this round? Dare we hope for a home final? If North loses, which looks likely now, Sydney will have its destiny in its own hands tonight. Suddenly, tonights game is huge. Thanks Freo, thanks Port.

Another goal to Port. They atre killing North. They are now leading by 57pts with 5 mins left in the 3rd quarter.

ugg
30th August 2008, 04:02 PM
It's over, there's no way North can make up that much in 1 quarter.

Cheer Squad
30th August 2008, 04:02 PM
My God...Port are killing them. At the 21 minute mark is 17.6.108 to 8.9.57...

ScottH
30th August 2008, 04:03 PM
It's over, there's no way North can make up that much in 1 quarter.

Ahh, it can be done!! Port better hope it starts to rain soon, just to be sure.

ShockOfHair
30th August 2008, 04:04 PM
Wouldn't that be disappointing, having all the results go our way, and yet fail to beat Brisbane? Sadly, I can see it happening!

The thought we've all been trying to suppress.

Port now up by 58 points.

Robbo
I'm so confused.

sharp9
Call the fat lady 59 points right near 3 quarter time

ugg
30th August 2008, 04:07 PM
Guys there's already a thread discussing our finals possibilities.

Round 22 Cheering Guide (contains SPOILERS) - Page 4 - RedAndWhiteOnline.com Messageboard (http://redandwhiteonline.com/forum/showthread.php?goto=newpost&t=26251)

ugg
30th August 2008, 04:08 PM
Ahh, it can be done!! Port better hope it starts to rain soon, just to be sure.
Your curse isn't that powerful!

JudesaGun
30th August 2008, 04:10 PM
All we need now is a loss to Saints and Adelaide and, amazingly enough, top 4 can still be ours...

gossipcom
30th August 2008, 04:31 PM
Regarding that Port/Kangas match three things stand out in the match.

1. The score
2. Kangas Free kick count 24-11 (approx)
3. Peter Burgoyne 40+ possessions (who wants to make a bet the umpires will still find a way to give a point in the Brownlow count to Harvey since he's leading NM possessions).

cruiser
30th August 2008, 04:34 PM
Guys there's already a thread discussing our finals possibilities.

Round 22 Cheering Guide (contains SPOILERS) - Page 4 - RedAndWhiteOnline.com Messageboard (http://redandwhiteonline.com/forum/showthread.php?goto=newpost&t=26251) Huh? That's this thread. :confused:

Damien
30th August 2008, 04:35 PM
Huh? That's this thread. :confused:

Has since been merged into this thread but was originally a separate thread.

Damien
30th August 2008, 04:36 PM
Well well well. Two results I didn't expect..

Top 4 a possibility if we win....(Adelaide can ruin that in two hours time though, and St. Kilda tomorrow night)...

Oh and we can ruin it tonight also lol

j s
30th August 2008, 04:38 PM
For the Swans to nab with a home final in the 1st week, at least 2 of the results have to go our way.
This criteria has been met already! :)

gossipcom
30th August 2008, 04:41 PM
This criteria has been met already! :)
Now we just need to win. :) This reminds me of a couple of weeks ago when we had the same thing happen and we didn't capitalise on it. This time we need to do it. *sigh*

Out of curiosity, does anyone know what the highest amount of possessions someone has gotten in an AFL match?

Port home with a measly score of 23.10. 148 to 10.12. 72. :)

Dogzbody
30th August 2008, 04:47 PM
LOL I traded P. Burgoyne into my dream team for the GF this weekend....nice timing.

It will all amount to nothing though if ROK doesnt play tonight

573v30
30th August 2008, 04:50 PM
Wow, a 76 point loss to the Kangas and it looks like they've given up 4th spot.

Now let's hear them all whinge about the draw again... :rolleyes:

Damien
30th August 2008, 04:51 PM
So if Adelaide lose the 4pm match today to the Dogs, we will finish 5th as a worse case scenario (if we win).

Then it will be a long wait to see if Essendon can send Jason Johnson and Rama out in style tomorrow night and give us 4th.

Dogzbody
30th August 2008, 04:54 PM
I have never EVER cheered for the Bombers....this could be the weirdest round of footy ever.....:confused:

anniswan
30th August 2008, 05:07 PM
I have never EVER cheered for the Bombers....this could be the weirdest round of footy ever.....:confused:

I wonder what Dr J will be doing for that game, I can't ever see him supporting the Bomber :confused: :confused:

Matt79
30th August 2008, 05:10 PM
Listening via radio over the net from the UK. Neighbours must be wondering why this Aussie must be cheering at 7am in the morning!!

cruiser
30th August 2008, 05:12 PM
bang! bang! Two quick opening goals to the Dogs!!

Triple B
30th August 2008, 05:13 PM
I'm going to watch the first half of this Adelaide match now before heading to the SCG.

It is hard to know which way to go.

Of course this is dependant of us winning tonight:

IF Adelaide lose it keeps us a chance for 4th, but if StKilda win tomorrow, we play Adelaide in Sydney, not a real prospect to fill me with joy.

IF Adelaide win, we can't get 4th, but if the Saints win we will play North in Sydney....I like, and if Saints lose we get the Saints in Sydney....I like as well.

Jewels
30th August 2008, 05:18 PM
So if Adelaide lose the 4pm match today to the Dogs, we will finish 5th as a worse case scenario (if we win).

Then it will be a long wait to see if Essendon can send Jason Johnson and Rama out in style tomorrow night and give us 4th.

Can't see it happening without Hille. But then again, I never gave Freo a chance without Pav

anniswan
30th August 2008, 05:20 PM
I'm going to watch the first half of this Adelaide match now before heading to the SCG.

It is hard to know which way to go.

Of course this is dependant of us winning tonight:

IF Adelaide lose it keeps us a chance for 4th, but if StKilda win tomorrow, we play Adelaide in Sydney, not a real prospect to fill me with joy.

IF Adelaide win, we can't get 4th, but if the Saints win we will play North in Sydney....I like, and if Saints lose we get the Saints in Sydney....I like as well.

Now you are really doing my head in

cruiser
30th August 2008, 05:36 PM
Thinking about it, that's probably my preferred scenario. For some time this season all I've wanted was to see the Swans win a home final, whether it be in the first or second week of the finals. We have a better chance of that against the Boos or the Aints than we do against the Crows or the Inbreds.

Matt79
30th August 2008, 07:37 PM
Crows win and finish 4th. Playing for a home elimination final tonight.

573v30
30th August 2008, 07:45 PM

Adelaide have beaten the Bulldogs by 9 points and will most likely face their worst nightmare next week (unless St. Kilda beat Essendon by 90+ points).

The Saints should win quite easily, now it's up to the Swans to beat Brisbane, get the home final and hopefully give Kanga fans something else to whinge about. :D

Robbo
30th August 2008, 08:28 PM
@@@@ yeah we won't be playing Collingwood.

ScottH
31st August 2008, 06:01 PM
Saints off to a good start.
4.2 - 1.1