PDA

View Full Version : Swans recognising long term members

Damien
1st September 2008, 08:20 PM
Swans are sending all members who have been members from at least 1998 onwards a 10 year member pin and a letter from on a nice bit of paper that includes a word from Roosey and a "Thank you for being a member of the Red and White family since 1994 " (or whatever year you joined) .

The slogan used is "It's in the blood" which I think is a fantastic slogan to use.

Not quite sure what I would use the pin for lol, but a nice little gesture from the club for the loyal members, especially considering the economic climate.

Although a nice performance over the next few weeks will save our marketing and membership department some heartache in Oct/Nov trying to get people to renew.

cruiser
1st September 2008, 08:31 PM
I got my pin today too.

satchmopugdog
1st September 2008, 10:24 PM
Me too..very nice indeed

hot potato
1st September 2008, 10:35 PM
The best one we ever got from Swans marketing was a wonderful poster of Plugger holding the footy under his arm with his other arm outstretched pointing and a talk bubble saying "DON'T SIT THERE, THEY ARE HOT POTATO'S SEATS."
I still smile when I look at it.
But the trouble and strife thinks I've got a simple mind.
The pin would be nice but it just wont do it like Plugger.

AnnieH
2nd September 2008, 11:38 AM
I got a 10 year pin.
I've been a member for 11.
Noice.

Mel
2nd September 2008, 01:32 PM
The best one we ever got from Swans marketing was a wonderful poster of Plugger holding the footy under his arm with his other arm outstretched pointing and a talk bubble saying "DON'T SIT THERE, THEY ARE HOT POTATO'S SEATS."
I still smile when I look at it.
But the trouble and strife thinks I've got a simple mind.
The pin would be nice but it just wont do it like Plugger.

I loved those membership forms and brochures. :D

I thought the pin was a nice little token.

BeeEmmAre
2nd September 2008, 05:49 PM
I got mine as well.

Thought it might have said 20 years though.

AnnieH
2nd September 2008, 05:58 PM
I got mine as well.

Thought it might have said 20 years though.

What did yours say BMR?

(I'm hoping here that I'm going to get another one for 15 years long service.)

BeeEmmAre
2nd September 2008, 07:48 PM
What did yours say BMR?

(I'm hoping here that I'm going to get another one for 15 years long service.)

It said 10. Sorry Annie.

AussieAnge
2nd September 2008, 09:02 PM
They haven't recognised me:(

Glenn
3rd September 2008, 12:00 AM
Me either, all I get is a letter regarding GF tickets..bah

Old Royboy
3rd September 2008, 12:14 AM
I would hope that henceforth, as each member reaches 10 years they will receive their badge. Otherwise it is just a one off stunt.

For the present, I will wear my badge with pride. But if next years batch of 10year veterans are not recognised then the badge will mean nothing and it will be consigned to the bin.

Mike_B
3rd September 2008, 12:23 AM
I will have to find out if I got anything as this year was my 10th year as a member.....or do they wait for next year which would be 10 years since I first became a member?

Primmy
3rd September 2008, 10:07 AM
Me too. Loved that gesture. But I have to admit, I have still got my Plugger promo, treasure it. Now that was inspired. However, Love my pin. It doesn't take much to make us happy, but when its in your blood, it makes a difference.

Celtic Blood
3rd September 2008, 04:33 PM
Oh yes, nice thought. It's all a wee bit ho-hum for me, I'm sorry. Honestly, I don't know why they bothered, although I thought the card was nicely designed. And why did I have to wait 19 years for my 10 year membership recognition?!

JF_Bay22_SCG
3rd September 2008, 04:58 PM
Mine is sitting proudly on my stadium jacket. Will be wearing in on Saturday night.

I like what Hawthorn do with their members scarves (please swans NO MORE BLOODY HATS!). They have the amount of years each member has been a club member for.

Many members I know pride themselves on the logivity of their paid-up association with the club. I know I sure do.

It is amazing a small pin can mean so much to so many people. Footy fans are weird about things like that, aren't we? ;)

JF

timbo
3rd September 2008, 07:09 PM
this year was my 10th year

I think it may be after 10 years, so you may get one next year.

Also, does anyone think the pin is a bit hard to read. I mean if im wearing it the logo isnt that recognisable from a distance and if you didnt know what it said it would be hard to see even standing in front of it.

AussieAnge
3rd September 2008, 08:14 PM
Me either, all I get is a letter regarding GF tickets..bah

I didn't even get that letter. Where's my pin, I want to wear it on Sat?

AussieAnge
3rd September 2008, 08:16 PM
(please swans NO MORE BLOODY HATS!).

I don't mind getting the caps as I give them to overseas visitors who stay with us and come to games. I see it as a way of spreading the word and support of the Swans.

Rod_
3rd September 2008, 08:37 PM
the 10 year pin arrived yesterday

thanx Swans

Rod_

4th September 2008, 01:52 PM
got mine. sweet.

It said I've been a member since 1991 which is cool. I WAS a vic loyalist member in 1991 but didn't take out membership during my uni years (92-96) as I was broke. But I've been a full member since the 1997 season.

I'm not about to ring then club and tell them of their error, but.

JF_Bay22_SCG
4th September 2008, 02:04 PM
I don't mind getting the caps as I give them to overseas visitors who stay with us and come to games. I see it as a way of spreading the word and support of the Swans.

I have about 4 in my cupboard that I never touch. The 2006 is the most comfortable on my noggin, so I generally still wear that.

JF

monopoly19
4th September 2008, 05:30 PM
I will have to find out if I got anything as this year was my 10th year as a member.....or do they wait for next year which would be 10 years since I first became a member?
This is my 10th year as a member and I got mine the other day, so you should be getting one too.

It was a nice little surprise. I assumed they'd been doing it for ages, but apparently I hit the 10 year mark at a very good time :D

Swannette
4th September 2008, 06:26 PM
Got mine too - noice. I thought they had used a stock photo on the card till I looked closer and saw the taller of the two fellas is the wonderful Keith - Redback stalwart, husband of Shirley and level 4 ANZ general. Love your work Keith.

givekidsakick
4th September 2008, 08:30 PM
hats are good.....my missus collects them.....peaked caps that is....she has a nice collection including swannies.

Grant
4th September 2008, 09:36 PM
Just got mine today,i thought it was very good.I do like the hats but i reckon the pins like hawthorn members get(as JF said) would be a great idea.
Surely they are going to run out of designs for the hats sooner or later....

And JF my 2005 seems to fit me best,and i feel better in it just knowing what happened in 05,the 06 one brings back bad memories lol.

howler
5th September 2008, 05:40 PM
i got mine!
it's the best!
i have framed it!

AussieAnge
5th September 2008, 07:47 PM
Still no pin for me:(