PDA

View Full Version : Team Changes

JudesaGun
7th September 2008, 09:56 PM
I know it's early, but how are we shaping up for next week? MOL ready to come back into the fold?

"A final-term shoulder injury restricted his input late in the game" - Ablett out?

Love to see (will never happen):

INS
Bird, O'Loughlin

OUTS
Ablett, not sure

ugg
7th September 2008, 10:01 PM
Ahem, Veszpremi. *runs and hides from the mob*

Don't think Bird will come in for Ablett though.

JudesaGun
7th September 2008, 10:04 PM

Don't think Bird will come in for Ablett though.

Wouldn't think Ablett would be out either normally, but query was, is he injured?

And who would MOL replace? Tough to find someone to leave out really...

ugg
7th September 2008, 10:05 PM
Wouldn't think Ablett would be out either normally, but query was, is he injured?

And who would MOL replace? Tough to find someone to leave out really...
Pretty simple. MOL will have to replace another forward. So take your pick out of Hall, Goodes, ROK, Moore or Vesz.

JudesaGun
7th September 2008, 10:07 PM
Pretty simple. MOL will have to replace another forward. So take your pick out of Hall, Goodes, ROK, Moore or Vesz.

Not necessarily... I would have thought with the Bulldogs small forward line we may not need all of Leo, LRT, Teddy, Bolton...

Big Al
7th September 2008, 10:07 PM

Come on out and take your medicine;) although you may be right.

Robbo
7th September 2008, 10:08 PM
O'Loughlin in for LRT.

The Bulldogs don't have a plethora of tall forwards, actually atm I can't think of any tall forward they have. Given this, we don't really need LRT. He was also poor last night. He can be used as a backup ruckman but with Everitt in the side we don't need LRT for that either.

Seriously who would LRT play on?

JudesaGun
7th September 2008, 10:09 PM
O'Loughlin in for LRT.

The Bulldogs don't have a plethora of tall forwards, actually atm I can't think of any tall forward they have. Given this, we don't really need LRT. He was also poor last night. He can be used as a backup ruckman but with Everitt in the side we don't need LRT for that either.

Seriously who would LRT play on?

Will Minson.

Robbo
7th September 2008, 10:22 PM
Given he is their only genuine tall, I would put someone a little more reliable on him.

31 hard at it
7th September 2008, 10:29 PM
Indications are that MOL will not be right for Friday ?
So maybe Bird for Vez

Robbo
7th September 2008, 10:33 PM
Am I the only one who thinks Vez is a much better player than Bird right now?

CureTheSane
7th September 2008, 10:37 PM

Nope.

alison.z
7th September 2008, 10:38 PM

i think they play completely different roles - bird is almost solely a midfielder and hardly plays in the forward line (has he even ever been given a spell down there .... he only goes down there when there are stoppages etc) and veszpremi is playing as a forward .... leading and taking marks inside 50. i would however like to see them BOTH in the team ... we'll have to see how everyone pulls up injury-wise.

Grant
7th September 2008, 10:51 PM
Will Minson.

Mitch Hahn

shaun..
7th September 2008, 11:01 PM
Mitch Hahn
I hope not

smasher
8th September 2008, 06:50 AM
Mitch Hahn

I agree that Mitch Hahn is a hard player to match up on.They also have Murphy,Jonhson,Welsh and Aker(Couch will get him) in their foward line.The Bulldogs have a few unsung heroes that we need to watch out for.

Robbo
8th September 2008, 05:35 PM
Murphy is doubtful with a knee injury, so assuming he doesn't play, here are the matchups I would go with.

Bolton on Minson.
Richards on Hahn.
Leo on Welsh.
Bevan on Harbrow.

digital
8th September 2008, 05:49 PM
Who will pick up Johnson. They say, Murphy will play.

smasher
8th September 2008, 05:51 PM

Nope.Bird has the bigger engine but Vesz has by far more ability and he is another scoring option now.

dimelb
8th September 2008, 06:02 PM
Bevan? Crouch (if he doesn't get Aka)?

caj23
8th September 2008, 06:23 PM
Bevan? Crouch (if he doesn't get Aka)?

preferably craig bolton, those 2 arent strong enough in the air to compete with him. in fact it should be a no brainer that bolts gets the oppositions best forward each week

reigning premier
8th September 2008, 06:32 PM
If available, MO'L for Vez.

Bird for Ablett.

Barlow for LRT.

swansrule100
8th September 2008, 06:37 PM
If available, MO'L for Vez.

Bird for Ablett.

Barlow for LRT.

if we are doing availability ins ill take davis for bevan:D :D

on the subject of bird v vespa well i think both are going to be great players, but dont play similar roles so hard to say, bird is probably more consistent, fitter and got more awareness. But vezpa is more attacking and more creative

Industrial Fan
8th September 2008, 06:41 PM
The pseudo membership department will go into meltdown if Vespa isn't named in the team.

reigning premier
8th September 2008, 06:45 PM
if we are doing availability ins ill take davis for bevan:D :D

on the subject of bird v vespa well i think both are going to be great players, but dont play similar roles so hard to say, bird is probably more consistent, fitter and got more awareness. But vezpa is more attacking and more creative

Not really..... Vez is a creative fwd and Bird is a hard running mid. Vez doesn't have the endurance of Bird. But then again, Bird probably doesn't have that "natural ability" as much as Vez.

swansrule100
8th September 2008, 06:57 PM
Not really..... Vez is a creative fwd and Bird is a hard running mid. Vez doesn't have the endurance of Bird. But then again, Bird probably doesn't have that "natural ability" as much as Vez.

which part did u say not really too then?

reigning premier
8th September 2008, 07:02 PM
which part did u say not really too then?

Ahh... :)

Not really similar players....

But agree that they'll both be great.

barry
8th September 2008, 07:06 PM
Out: Kennelly.

His shoulders are stoping him playing with finals intensity.

NMWBloods
8th September 2008, 08:30 PM
I think Kennelly out makes sense as he is struggling to have an influence and is potentially a liability.

Rob-bloods
8th September 2008, 08:34 PM
Roos has announced MOL will not be back this week.

ash3
8th September 2008, 08:34 PM
I think Kennelly out makes sense as he is struggling to have an influence and is potentially a liability.

Agreed +1

Love the guy, but if he is taking the spot of a player that can go 110% at it, then unfortunately it might have to happen.

ROK Lobster
8th September 2008, 08:39 PM
Yeah, Kennelly out, Mathews in. You know it makes sense.

ugg
8th September 2008, 08:42 PM
Great idea, bring Kennelly as a ring-in for the reserves!

ash3
8th September 2008, 08:45 PM

That is a truly sickening thought.

ScottH
8th September 2008, 09:05 PM
Someone better than his last 2 games opponents. He was one of the best in both games.

reigning premier
8th September 2008, 09:06 PM

On the Benny for 200 band wagon again ROK?

Grant
8th September 2008, 09:20 PM
Is Fosdike injured?

If not i would bring him in,he loves the G,and would be one who could match up on some of their quick mids..

TheHood
8th September 2008, 09:33 PM
Is Fosdike injured?

If not i would bring him in,he loves the G,and would be one who could match up on some of their quick mids..

Sound idea that one. Also, I didn't think he was too bad against Collingwood or Geelong whoever towelled us up.

Also, Hahn is a tough match up. I think someone mentioned Ted. Ted is very brave, but I like Bevo on that one. Neither will star but at least Hahn isn't bullocking his way to goals.

connolly
8th September 2008, 10:12 PM
preferably craig bolton, those 2 arent strong enough in the air to compete with him. in fact it should be a no brainer that bolts gets the oppositions best forward each week

i suspect Bolts is carrying an injury. He will struggle to keep up with Johnstone. Maybe Mattner is the player. Quick, strong in the air and will run off him.

Darren Thomson
8th September 2008, 10:16 PM

I think Tadgh was well marked on Saturday and just couldn't shake his man. Not always able to shake a tag and he is a closely tagged player these days. It would make sense to bring in hard running midfielders though for this game, Bulldogs have about 20 of them, well 18 maybe, I never exaggerate, I must have said that a million times. Fossie may not be fit enuf after limited games so bird the obvious choice, who is their other ruckman? Could we leave out Spida and play LRT as a pinch hitter in the ruck, covering Minson around the ground, don't know if Jolly is as mobile as Minson. Doesn't matter that much now if we keep our attack on the ball, we will win. :cool:

DeadlyAkkuret
8th September 2008, 10:24 PM
I think Tadhg was well marked on Saturday and just couldn't shake his man. Not always able to shake a tag and he is a closely tagged player these days. It would make sense to bring in hard running midfielders though for this game, Bulldogs have about 20 of them, well 18 maybe, I never exaggerate, I must have said that a million times. Fossie may not be fit enuf after limited games so bird the obvious choice, who is their other ruckman? Could we leave out Spida and play LRT as a pinch hitter in the ruck, covering Minson around the ground, don't know if Jolly is as mobile as Minson. Doesn't matter that much now if we keep our attack on the ball, we will win. :cool:

ROFL!:p

ernie koala
8th September 2008, 11:43 PM
Kennelly should be dropped, he is, unfortunately, a potential liability...can't tackle, can't hardly stretch out his arm, can't play with any intensity. It would be sad to see him targeted, and found out, on Friday, which is likely to happen if he plays. Only 2 weeks ago Roos was spouting off, about only playing healthy players for the rest of the season....Which means he'll probably play.
I hope it's...Bird in, Kennelly out

SassySwan
9th September 2008, 12:11 AM
Roos has announced MOL will not be back this week.

Has Roosy started the selection mind games early this week???

bennyfrou
9th September 2008, 12:15 AM
i suspect Bolts is carrying an injury. He will struggle to keep up with Johnstone. Maybe Mattner is the player. Quick, strong in the air and will run off him.

Except after a huge first year with us Mattner looked spent on Saturday night!! Still played well but just seemed a step off the pace and a little non-committal. Not that I can fault the guy for the year he has had!

Can you win the B & F with your first year at a new the club? He must be set for at least second place behind kirky?

bennyfrou
9th September 2008, 12:16 AM
Is Fosdike injured?

Sound idea that one. Also, I didn't think he was too bad against Collingwood or Geelong whoever towelled us up.

Also, Hahn is a tough match up. I think someone mentioned Ted. Ted is very brave, but I like Bevo on that one. Neither will star but at least Hahn isn't bullocking his way to goals.

You could be on to something here guys. He does love the MCG and the big stage!

liz
9th September 2008, 01:58 AM
Can you win the B & F with your first year at a new the club? He must be set for at least second place behind kirky?

You certainly can. Plugger did, and I think Schaubs and Willo might have won in their first years in Swans colours.

But I suspect Kirk will win this year in a canter - especially after 3 (:D ) more performances like Saturday night. And I think O'Keefe and McVeigh will have Mattner covered for the minor placings.

ernie koala
9th September 2008, 10:48 AM
Can you win the B & F with your first year at a new the club?

Yep....I'm pretty sure Shaubs' did.

Plugger46
9th September 2008, 10:51 AM
But I suspect Kirk will win this year in a canter - especially after 3 (:D ) more performances like Saturday night. And I think O'Keefe and McVeigh will have Mattner covered for the minor placings.

Yeah, I think they'll be the boxed trifecta.

hammo
9th September 2008, 11:42 AM
The pseudo membership department will go into meltdown if Vespa isn't named in the team.
They'd better start manning the phones.

Roos was not so confident about finding a place for Patrick Veszpremi, 19, who has kicked 11 goals from five of the past six games, but was only a late inclusion last week because of injury to Craig Bird.

"He's had four shots at goal (Veszpremi kicked 1.3 on Saturday), so he's contributing, but it's horses for courses. We play a different team this week and it depends who is available and who is not available. He's getting good experience, he's progressing well," Roos said.
source (http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/story/0,25197,24315130-2722,00.html)

gossipcom
9th September 2008, 03:26 PM
Yeah, I think they'll be the boxed trifecta.
According to the Players' Association awards last night it seems like the players agree with the Kirk, McVeigh and O'Keefe too.

The most improved award's going to be a good one this year.

connolly
9th September 2008, 05:24 PM
They'd better start manning the phones.

source (http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/story/0,25197,24315130-2722,00.html)

Thought he looked out of his depth last Saturday night. He played a nervous game. It showed in his kicking. He missed vital shots early and failed to kick a snap more than 35 metres and 3 metres off the ground. Roosey will use an extra midfielder against the Dogs, undoubtedly Fossie. Also Ves is unfit. He faded during the resurgent second half as the heavy ground found out the lame, infirm and unfit.

hammo
9th September 2008, 05:34 PM
Thought he looked out of his depth last Saturday night. He played a nervous game. It showed in his kicking. He missed vital shots early and failed to kick a snap more than 35 metres and 3 metres off the ground. Roosey will use an extra midfielder against the Dogs, undoubtedly Fossie. Also Ves is unfit. He faded during the resurgent second half as the heavy ground found out the lame, infirm and unfit.

His best play came in the third quarter with the handball out of the pack to Goodes on the run into an open goal. Alas Goodes missed it :o

Robbo
9th September 2008, 05:50 PM

I don't think so this week. Vespa had a quiet game against the Kangas so dropping him would be justified IMO. I still think he should play though.

DeadlyAkkuret
9th September 2008, 05:51 PM
Does anyone else think that Vespa sounds like a brand for a scooter or some kind of excercise equipment?

dimelb
9th September 2008, 07:31 PM
(To a well-known tune)
Nobody does it better
Nobody does it half as well as you do
Baby, you're The Vesz!

Rob-bloods
9th September 2008, 07:41 PM
Its a walking wounded game really, Murphy, Gilbee, Hudson not 100%, us with Ryno, Goodes'y etc.

Agree with post about Mattner, he looked a worry on Saturday, just not right at all.

Match ups, a fit Mattner on Johnno I'd like to see LRT pinch hit against Hudson in the ruck, Bird or Fossie in for Spida.

What about Henry is he out for season?

Is Brennan any chance at all of a game again?

gossipcom
9th September 2008, 09:06 PM
Is Brennan any chance at all of a game again?
He was injured last week for the Ressies, so my guess is it depends how he's going with his hamstring injury.

Darren Thomson
9th September 2008, 09:16 PM
ROFL!:p

Sorry, please explain,

Signed

Pauline

swansrule100
9th September 2008, 10:02 PM

also didnt seem roosy wanted to use him that much either, he did look nervous and i think bird will offer us more.

I thought you meant bevan at first though, he played a nervous game.

I would be tempted to include a fit fosdike at his expense. But then its hard to tinker with a winning team.

happy
10th September 2008, 12:20 AM
i dont know who is available and/or fit but here is what i do know

BLT is a liability
Spida is old, slow and looks it
Leo is similarly looking old and slow ... and downright terrifying when he begins to run
Tadgh is clearly not at his best ....

ie our back line is incredibly shaky

...oh yes and maybe we need a few who can kick straight ...
....i dont think i can take watching aim'n or jude from in front of goals through my fingers anymore.....

SimonH
10th September 2008, 01:27 AM
Thought he looked out of his depth last Saturday night. He played a nervous game. It showed in his kicking. He missed vital shots early and failed to kick a snap more than 35 metres and 3 metres off the ground. Roosey will use an extra midfielder against the Dogs, undoubtedly Fossie. Also Ves is unfit. He faded during the resurgent second half as the heavy ground found out the lame, infirm and unfit.As if the rest of your post wasn't lacking enough in credibility, you claim that Fossie will "undoubtedly" be picked? He's some chance, but based on his and the Swans' history in 2008, that chance is about 20%.

If you're running a 'Vespa to be dropped' apologist line, there is a far more obvious replacement candidate than Fossie.

smasher
10th September 2008, 06:51 AM
I would prefer us to go in against the Doggies with an unchanged team.
I don't agree that Ablett should get dropped for Bird as he has finals experience and he is definately alot stronger and tougher.

Mr Magoo
10th September 2008, 09:46 AM
Other than maybe vespremi for bird there wont be any changes except if forced by injury.

I dont agree with this line about LRT being no good. He has kept both Hale and Brown quiet in the past two weeks and bulldogs have a similar forward in Minson that he can match up on. Grundy wouldnt have matched up as well.

Leo barry played okay against Norths and his spoil over the top of Thompson and harvey was awesome early on. As with LRT he got caught (i think only once) while running out of defence but I would rather see this than these guys holding possession and chipping it around.

As for Spider . he provides good tap work backup to Jolly and although a shadow of his former self, there is no one who could come in at this time to replace him.

hammo
10th September 2008, 10:34 AM
I'm sure I'm not the only one who is fed up with people calling for Spida to be dropped because he's too old and slow. As Mr Magoo says, he's doing his job at the stoppages and that is really all he is required to do in the team. He won't be dropped for the finals series so get over it.

I couldn't believe how slow LRT looked last week being beaten on the lead by Hale. Roos obviously duidn't enjoy it either judging by his reaction at 3/4 time!

connolly
10th September 2008, 10:56 AM
As if the rest of your post wasn't lacking enough in credibility, you claim that Fossie will "undoubtedly" be picked? He's some chance, but based on his and the Swans' history in 2008, that chance is about 20%.

Undoubtedly means that i have no doubt. Which is distinct from not having a clue.

10th September 2008, 11:01 AM
I'm sure I'm not the only one who is fed up with people calling for Spida to be dropped because he's too old and slow. As Mr Magoo says, he's doing his job at the stoppages and that is really all he is required to do in the team. He won't be dropped for the finals series so get over it.

I couldn't believe how slow LRT looked last week being beaten on the lead by Hale. Roos obviously duidn't enjoy it either judging by his reaction at 3/4 time!

Hammo , Im sure people are bored of your continual bagging of the Club & LRT as well. While we were struggling you were flying on the keyboard .

Spida will play no doubt, though Im one that believes we need pace on a big ground at the MCG against probably the quickest team in the comp.

Hope Spida has some influence on the game this week and Im sure LRT will do his bit and we can progress another week.

hammo
10th September 2008, 11:34 AM
Hammo , Im sure people are bored of your continual bagging of the Club & LRT as well. While we were struggling you were flying on the keyboard .

How come you agreed with most of what I was saying (apart from anything to do with LRT)? ;)

Captain
10th September 2008, 12:25 PM
....i dont think i can take watching aim'n or jude from in front of goals through my fingers anymore.....

WTF?? Do you not remember the Eagles game?

10th September 2008, 12:47 PM
How come you agreed with most of what I was saying (apart from anything to do with LRT)? ;)

I dont agree with Spida playing , though know that he wil be selected thats all. Am I right ? I dont know. Thats why Roosy and the selection committee are paid for. Sometimes I dont agree with their policys though I rekon you leave it in the hands of those who really know, who are always there and know the full story and not that of an assumption of which is mine and yours.
Im not going to bang on about it all the time thats all Hammo.
Its like your love for Nick Davis and your hate for LRT.
For months you banged on about Davo, and it was like listening to a broken record go round and round. Thank God for Vespa, thats all.
I rekon we got Spida an year to late and really has given us little,though our younger ruckman are not quite their and thats why he is playing.

I just rekon Hammo you jump on and bag at every oppurtunity you get.
This though is the right forum to do it on , though others have opinions as well and may not agree with everything you say which I dont as you pretty much roll week by week depending on how we are travelling.
Pretty much like alot of Sydney people do, you ebb and flow depending on results . Saturday proved that. Believe me I get pissed when we are poor and will vent my feelings as well, though always know Im leaving the door open to criticism after making judgement on players ,coaches and others on here highlighting there posts, so thats what I have done.
Your signature pretty much describes you and know what I mean !

hammo
10th September 2008, 12:57 PM
Where has all the love gone?

Hammo , most of your posts make the point very well and enjoy reading most

dimelb
10th September 2008, 12:57 PM

I agree on Spida, now is not the time to change and Currie is NQR anyway, nor is White.
LRT missed his cue for Hale to get that mark, it was like watching two B-doubles trying to overtake each other uphill. But the hyphenator had a decent game apart from that lapse (just doesn't seem to be watching sometimes) and I'm happy to see him lope onto the park.

10th September 2008, 01:53 PM
Where has all the love gone?

Dont think you got it then or now Hammo !

Love reading your posts mate, keep em coming

CJK
10th September 2008, 02:09 PM
/group hug

swantastic
10th September 2008, 03:14 PM
I would prefer us to go in against the Doggies with an unchanged team.
I don't agree that Ablett should get dropped for Bird as he has finals experience and he is definately alot stronger and tougher.Just as long as Noggy doesnt kick the ball across the face of goals again.

Lohengrin
10th September 2008, 03:27 PM
What does it mean that Ablett "has finals experience"? How has it made any difference in his performance?

Go Swannies
10th September 2008, 04:55 PM
Just as long as Noggy doesnt kick the ball across the face of goals again.

Thanks for that! There goes three years of therapy down the drain . . .

swantastic
10th September 2008, 05:06 PM
What does it mean that Ablett "has finals experience"? How has it made any difference in his performance?In "06"GF he didnt kick it across the face of goal so he did learn some thing.From memory he hasnt done it since so he does have. experience.

swantastic
10th September 2008, 05:07 PM
Thanks for that! There goes three years of therapy down the drain . . .Sorry for dredging up bad memories.

Triple B
10th September 2008, 08:26 PM

Roos' reaction may have been to Tadhg who didn't leave his man to help spoil. It happened right in front of us and from our elevated position it stood out that he could have got mighty close to cutting that kick off. I commented to DoctorJ at the time that if it was Leo, Teddy or B2, they would have left their man and brought that ball to ground.

bloodboy
10th September 2008, 09:51 PM
Is Fosdike injured?

Great idea! He has a sick tatt now too which only lifts him in my books! Seriously though, I think you might be on to something here...Roosy, take note!

Darren Thomson
10th September 2008, 10:38 PM

I would agree with the Spida comments, although he does play a role, I do believe that LRT could provide the same role, although as a tap ruckman he isn't really up to it, but to give Jolly a rest, especially against a team with the leg speed of the Bullies, bring back Bird if he's ready, and someone suggested Fossie, but I doubt he's up to full match fitness, probably good for half a game. Other than that what are our options, Goodes would be playing midfield if he could, ROK might be over his virus completely now and could go further up the ground, I only know one thing for sure, this game will be a test of two coaches, and who can win the contested ball. That would be the MIGHTY SWANS:cool:

BSA5
10th September 2008, 11:11 PM
Bring a guy who has barely played this year at any level, and looked completely off the pace in the one senior game he played, back for a semi-final against one of the fastest teams in the competition? Are you kidding? Look, I rate Fosdike, but not injury-riddled, lacking-any-sort-of-match-fitness, flung-straight-into-finals Fosdike.

DST
10th September 2008, 11:17 PM

What a crock, Roos was clearly disappointed but it had nothing to do with LRT.

Firstly it was the fact we gave away a lazy free forward of the centre, secondly that no one pressured Grant on the mark when played on and thirdly our midfield left a gapping big bloody hole on the opposite pocket for Hale to move into.

Not to mention the fact that Grant was good enough to put the ball exactly where it needed to go.

Sometimes I wonder Hammo if you actually understand football or just expect a defender to win every contest they are involved in.

DST

hammo
11th September 2008, 10:53 AM
Sometimes I wonder Hammo if you actually understand football or just expect a defender to win every contest they are involved in.

No, but when David Hale is made to look like Usain Bolt on a lead something is amiss.

Lohengrin
11th September 2008, 11:32 AM
What a crock, Roos was clearly disappointed but it had nothing to do with LRT.

Firstly it was the fact we gave away a lazy free forward of the centre, secondly that no one pressured Grant on the mark when played on and thirdly our midfield left a gapping big bloody hole on the opposite pocket for Hale to move into.

Not to mention the fact that Grant was good enough to put the ball exactly where it needed to go.

DSTYou're making a large number of assumptions there, not least of which to say that Roos was not disappointed with LRT at all.

No one could have pressured Grant - he was behind his mark.
Roos wouldn't be angry that Grant was able to kick well.

Roos was probably annoyed both that no one filled the space and that LRT was slow as a wet week (and was caught ball-watching again).

Bloody Hell
11th September 2008, 12:03 PM
i dont know who is available and/or fit but here is what i do know

BLT is a liability
Spida is old, slow and looks it
Leo is similarly looking old and slow ... and downright terrifying when he begins to run
Tadhg is clearly not at his best ....

ie our back line is incredibly shaky
Based on everything but the scores kicked against them.

Very shaky indeed....

Grant
11th September 2008, 02:39 PM
Grant was good enough to put the ball exactly where it needed to go.

DST

Thanks! I normally am pretty good at putting the ball exactly where it needs to go,lol:D ;)

Snake
11th September 2008, 02:41 PM
Ok.

Out: Vezpremi (poor sod)
In: Playfair (because of the Dogs small defense)

bennyfrou
11th September 2008, 03:01 PM
Ok.

Out: Vezpremi (poor sod)
In: Playfair (because of the Dogs small defense)

No I would rather see Goodes, Hall, O'Keefe, Moore, Buchs & Jack up front than have playfair in there as well.

Bring Fosdike in for Vesz, although would love to see him play and kick another four goals!!

johnno
11th September 2008, 03:11 PM
Bring Playfair in next week, to destroy his old side.

swansrule100
11th September 2008, 05:55 PM
SYDNEY
B: Leo Barry, Craig Bolton, Martin Mattner
HB: Lewis Roberts-Thomson, Ted Richards, Tadhg Kennelly
C: Paul Bevan, Jarrad McVeigh, Nick Malceski
HF: Ryan O?Keefe, Adam Goodes, Jarrad Moore
F: Darren Jolly, Barry Hall, Jared Crouch
Foll: Peter Everitt, Brett Kirk, Jude Bolton
Int: Luke Ablett, Amon Buchanan, Kieren Jack, Patrick Veszpremi
Emg: Craig Bird, Ryan Brabazon, Heath Grundy

No change

ugg
11th September 2008, 05:56 PM
WESTERN BULLDOGS
B: Dale Morris, BrianLake, Tim Callan
HB: Lindsay Gilbee, Ryan Hargrave, Jason Akermanis
C: Nathan Eagleton, Matthew Boyd, Daniel Cross
HF: Robert Murphy, Mitch Hahn, Brad Johnson
F: Josh Hill, Will Minson, Scott Welsh
Foll: Ben Hudson, Adam Cooney, Ryan Griffen
Int: Jarrod Harbrow, Shaun Higgins, Daniel Giansiracusa, Stephen Tiller
Emg: Andrejs Everitt, Farren Ray, Callan Ward

In: Tiller
Out: Farren Ray

reigning premier
11th September 2008, 06:51 PM
WESTERN BULLDOGS
B: Dale Morris, BrianLake, Tim Callan
HB: Lindsay Gilbee, Ryan Hargrave, Jason Akermanis
C: Nathan Eagleton, Matthew Boyd, Daniel Cross
HF: Robert Murphy, Mitch Hahn, Brad Johnson
F: Josh Hill, Will Minson, Scott Welsh
Foll: Ben Hudson, Adam Cooney, Ryan Griffen
Int: Jarrod Harbrow, Shaun Higgins, Daniel Giansiracusa, Stephen Tiller
Emg: Andrejs Everitt, Farren Ray, Callan Ward

In: Tiller
Out: Farren Ray

Added a bit of height at the expense of speed!

TheMase
11th September 2008, 07:18 PM
I am not convinced Roos was angry at an individual, moreso angry that we (as a team) allowed a late goal (if we are talking about the 3rd quarter).

hammo
11th September 2008, 07:33 PM
Bring Playfair in next week, to destroy his old side.
Fair point. He was responsible for their second most recent loss.

cruiser
11th September 2008, 07:55 PM
Fair point. He was responsible for their second most recent loss.
Bitchiest comment on RWO so far this season! :p

BSA5
11th September 2008, 08:59 PM
SYDNEY
B: Leo Barry, Craig Bolton, Martin Mattner
HB: Lewis Roberts-Thomson, Ted Richards, Tadhg Kennelly
C: Paul Bevan, Jarrad McVeigh, Nick Malceski
HF: Ryan O?Keefe, Adam Goodes, Jarrad Moore
F: Darren Jolly, Barry Hall, Jared Crouch
Foll: Peter Everitt, Brett Kirk, Jude Bolton
Int: Luke Ablett, Amon Buchanan, Kieren Jack, Patrick Veszpremi
Emg: Craig Bird, Ryan Brabazon, Heath Grundy

No change

Bird is unlucky, but otherwise that's fine. I don't think Grundy should have been dropped last week, but I don't think he should be playing against the Dogs, for team balance, especially if O'Keefe plays forward.

hammo
11th September 2008, 09:08 PM
Bird is unlucky, but otherwise that's fine. I don't think Grundy should have been dropped last week, but I don't think he should be playing against the Dogs, for team balance, especially if O'Keefe plays forward.

I think Bird just got injured / sick at the wrong time of year. Tough luck considering he had played all but one game.

Nico
11th September 2008, 09:09 PM
Roos was quoted on radio saying that Bird trained well and Ablett was a bit sore and there could be a late change.

Could be right because we always have a late change, trouble is it is usually not the one quoted.

Nico
11th September 2008, 09:10 PM
I think Bird just got injured / sick at the wrong time of year. Tough luck considering he had played all but one game.

Suspect he may have been rested last week if he trained well today.

BSA5
11th September 2008, 09:44 PM
Hope you're right Nico. Ablett is out of form, and while his finals experience is handy, surely getting finals experience into a young potential star is more important in the long term especially in a finals series in which we are almost certainly going to lose to Geelong in the Preliminary, even if we do manage to knock off the Dogs.

thedoc
11th September 2008, 10:22 PM
Hope you're right Nico. Ablett is out of form, and while his finals experience is handy, surely getting finals experience into a young potential star is more important in the long term especially in a finals series in which we are almost certainly going to lose to Geelong in the Preliminary, even if we do manage to knock off the Dogs.

Cannot agree. Finals footy by definition means we are one or two games away from a GF! Selections cannot be made assuming future finals series. What though the odds be great or be small ...

I know I could be wrong and maybe we are a better show in 2010 and the cats are right up there, but we need to pick our best team for this week

Jewels
11th September 2008, 10:30 PM
Cannot agree. Finals footy by definition means we are one or two games away from a GF! Selections cannot be made assuming future finals series. What though the odds be great or be small ...

I know I could be wrong and maybe we are a better show in 2010 and the cats are right up there, but we need to pick our best team for this week

I find I cannot agree with you. Picking players on past finals experience and not the best available option is a recipe for disaster. Ablett has been sadly lacking any form all year and Bird offers so very much more, finals experience or not.

BSA5
11th September 2008, 10:48 PM

Sorry, reading over my first post, I probably didn't word it very well. I was suggesting that Bird, on recent form, is probably equal at least to Ablett. What I was basically trying to get across is that we should not pick Ablett on finals experience, all else being equal.

thedoc
11th September 2008, 10:58 PM
Sorry, reading over my first post, I probably didn't word it very well. I was suggesting that Bird, on recent form, is probably equal at least to Ablett. What I was basically trying to get across is that we should not pick Ablett on finals experience, all else being equal.

Got it BSA5, I agree with your point.

Pace To Burn
12th September 2008, 02:54 PM
Suspect he may have been rested last week if he trained well today.
No had a groin and wanted to play but was left out as it was sore to touch and they new if he played he would be no good for the rest of the year

ScottH
12th September 2008, 03:34 PM
No had a groin and wanted to play but was left out as it was sore to touch and they new if he played he would be no good for the rest of the yearWon't ask how you knew this. :p

Pace To Burn
12th September 2008, 03:49 PM
Won't ask how you knew this. :p

A little Birdy told me:D