PDA

View Full Version : Not in the gf yet

daniel f
8th September 2003, 02:32 PM
Im as optimistic as anyone,but does anyone else agree that threads talking about Stewie and Roosy holding the cup on gf day is just a bit premature,lets not jinx it by being over Cocky like Port did.

Sanecow
8th September 2003, 02:44 PM
I think we're all just trying to keep focussed on the goal!

Ruda Wakening
8th September 2003, 04:20 PM
Self belief and being cocky are two different things . Our guys have been confident for a fair while now, they've just gone about it in a more sensible way . They always give themselves a good chance, without sounding like a bunch of guys who think its just a matter of showing up . I love champions, i've just always prefered humble ones .

I'd much rather read " Sydney beat Port " on the Monday after the game, than " Sydney say they'll belt Port all over AAMI " , on the Friday before .

daniel f
8th September 2003, 04:30 PM
Imo i just think we should leave any talk about gf until were there,lets talk up our chances against Adelaide or Brisbane,IF we win that then lets have gf predictions,just my opinion.

Glenn
8th September 2003, 04:37 PM
Yep self belief is great, I am sure Roos and the rest of the coaching staff will have the team fully focused on the next game in two weeks at Stadium Aus.

Bron
8th September 2003, 06:19 PM
A game at a time, but we're still playing for that final day in september. Without that, the rest is meaningless. Understand the big picture, but execute for the shorter term. Both matter.