JAMES MEIKLEJOHN - hamstring soreness - TEST
TADHG KENNELLY - thigh cork ? TEST
PAUL ROOS ? ruptured achilles ? SEASON

Grant
8th September 2003, 07:27 PM
Just as well we have 1-2 weeks to get players right:D

Sanecow
8th September 2003, 07:36 PM
That's awful news for Sleeves. But he has played a valuable part in our premiership winning year!

Reggi
8th September 2003, 07:43 PM
Interesting - going to be interesting as they come closer to naming the sides and players need to prove their fitness.

Unfortunately their will be somde sad stories come from this.

Bron
8th September 2003, 11:10 PM
Asked Saddo if he'd be in the GF, he said a maybe, but I didn't really think so. Happy to be proven wrong.

Diego
8th September 2003, 11:29 PM
Originally posted by Troy G

PAUL ROOS ? ruptured achilles ? SEASON

On a lighter side..thats funny. :D

hmm not a good looking list. Are we going to Seymour Brad in the near future? (bad i know)

NMWBloods
9th September 2003, 12:25 PM
Unfortunately I suspect Seymour might choose to retire at the end of the season. Pity as I like him in the backline - adds some grunt.

swan_song
9th September 2003, 12:45 PM
I hope that sleeves doesn't retire... he does add something in the backline...a bit of grunt as said earlier on...but he must do whatever his body is trelling him...
I'd like it to be telling him to have a rest, and try the preseason then decide...that is if he's still on the list!

Sid
9th September 2003, 01:11 PM
I dont get the big fuss of Roosy getting injured. Its not like he cant coach any more.

gossipcom
9th September 2003, 01:17 PM
Originally posted by Sid
I dont get the big fuss of Roosy getting injured. Its not like he cant coach any more.

It's the fact that a coach has to make his way from the coaching box to the field to talk the players which is of the biggest concern.

If he doesn't leave early to take in consideration the extra time it will take to go down to the field he could lose valuable minutes giving the players their plays, etc.

caj23
9th September 2003, 07:35 PM
Seymour has just turned 27, I hardly think he'll hang up the boots just because of his injuries. When on song he is an important part of the Swans backline.

Even if the Swans do think his time is up I have no doubt that we could gain some minimal compensation (3rd round pick or straight player swap) for him in a trade.

I doubt that he is just going to hang up the boots and turn his back on $200k a year.