PDA

View Full Version : HYPOTHETICALLY how early does one start?

desredandwhite
8th September 2003, 09:08 PM
I realise this is jumping the gun a bit, but I have an active imagination and not nearly enough medication.

IF we won the preliminary final, how soon is early enough to start queuing up for tickets to the grand final? Sunday night? Sunday morning? Straight from the ground to the ticket office? SATURDAY morning? Now? :D

Such a dilemma. I might have to set up some sort of interchange bench thing :)

Just wondering aloud, you understand... Besides, this is one thing you HAVE to plan ahead.

robbieando
8th September 2003, 09:13 PM
I don't even think about it, because I know IF we make it I will have a ticket in the Cheer Squad. So from this board at least we will have.

Myself
Gemma
JF
Peter H
Charlie
Jixygirl
Cher
AnniSwan

Plus Redback members in

Bron
Lizz

No doubt most other should be able to get a ticket

desredandwhite
8th September 2003, 09:19 PM
Well... I considered long and hard whether I wanted to join the cheersquad. While the membership fee for the CS was not an issue, I knew I would not want to spend every match in the CS - I prefer to watch the game high up on a wing. So to me, I was unwilling to get a CS membership for the benefits if I wasn't willing to put in the hours behind the goals. Damn my misplaced sense of pseudo-conscience :D

Ah well, I DO love a good camp out (and there's no part of me that's wishing I won't have to do it!!)

j s
8th September 2003, 09:47 PM
In 96 I got to the SCG about 8:30 PM Sunday night and was third in the queue. Peter H was first and a girl I don't know was second.

With three ticket windows I was effectively first.

The queue didn't really start to build until about 5 or 6am - can't really remember but probably about 40 overnighters (including one guy who had his father in the Swans queue while he waited in the St George queue 100 metres up Driver Av at the Hordern Pavillion. It was red and white finals w/e and he was planning on going to both games - MCG on Sat and SFS on Sunday. Now that's a serious fan!

His father was really nice - loaned me the extra membership card I needed to get the necessary seats (two of my memberships had been bought just after the cut off date)

My guess is the queues will build earlier this year and get longer. I suggest we get a group together and start queueing mid afternoon. Make a party of it. I will be there for sure!!

Tickets will be strictly limited to 8 per transaction and one transaction per person so if you want more than eight you will need two peple to hold two queue positions.

I am assuming that Ticketmaster will set up temporary shop at the SCG again (in the "Round House") but that will need to be confirmed.

BAM_BAM
8th September 2003, 10:07 PM
Maxfactor and I will be there. She promised me. :D

Cher
8th September 2003, 10:28 PM
The rules on Grand final tickets are different now than what they were in 96.
Then you could go to any ticketmaster agency to buy your ticket.
People would go out of town in those days to somewhere where there might not be many people.
I arrived at the Arena in Geelong straight off the plane home from the Preliminary final at about midnight Sunday to que up with both Swans and North Supporters. Friends of mine had gone straight at about 10pm on the Sat night and were second in the que.
The AFL will nominate one place that we can buy tickets (hopefully two in our case) and I do believe you are given a numbered ticket to stop people queing up for weeks on end.

I have seen it across the road at Kardinia Park (Skilled Stadium) where people qued up for weeks and even bring tents, years ago.

dawson
8th September 2003, 11:27 PM
Ask the Port Adelaide fans who bought their's last week. Don't think they need them anymore ;)

jude_boltons_babe
8th September 2003, 11:37 PM
im going to try everything in my power to go to melbourne i would die if i couldent go

j s
8th September 2003, 11:42 PM
Originally posted by dawson
Ask the Port Adelaide fans who bought their's last week. Don't think they need them anymore ;)
How about the Bombers fans who booked flights to Sydney?

no1swan
9th September 2003, 12:04 AM
Originally posted by dawson

There was a segment on the TV several weeks ago, with Port supporters lining up to reserve tickets for the Grand Final. @ $10 a pop, non-refundable......Money well spent:rolleyes: