PDA

View Full Version : Ticket Sales - Bloudy Nightmare

EMJ
9th September 2003, 11:41 AM
On queue at ticketek 10.45pm yesterday. So first on queue - tickets available 411 only - can't believe it. The queue is very angry and want answers. Have phoned Swans - asked for address of AFL etc. I feel releasing tickets to as many as you want has killed us for getting any fair chance.

How did others go? Exhausted but made it to work and straight to this site.
Hope the Swans flog our opposition and I will line up somewhere and have a real wish for a few tickets to the Granny. Maybe I will win the lottery too!!!

swan_song
9th September 2003, 01:11 PM
See Woo-hoo post. Queues at Tickettek far too long for a working day, so my wife went to the State Theatre and reported only one other person in front of her... couldn't do parking there, however, so had to do that on the net. Also, very happy with tickets...they are only one aisle away from our normal Olympic stadium seats.

Bas
9th September 2003, 05:28 PM
I didn't check my email yesterday and heard it on the 7 am 2GO news. Went to the ticketek office in the Central Coast Leagues Club - Gosford at 8:30 am and was first AFL person in line behind 2 NRL people. Between 8:45 and 9:00 am about 50 people turned up.

You think it's bad in Sydney, wait for the GF tickets.

liz
9th September 2003, 06:48 PM
I went to my local record store (in Bondi Junction) expecting the queues to be a lot shorter there than in the city. The queue was shortish - only about a dozen people ahead of me - but they were soooo slow. I waited 1hour 20 minutes to buy my tickets, and all the level 4 tickets had gone by then. Got pretty good seats on level 6, but still would have preferred to have been further down.

I reckon they should have had a limit on the number you could buy, either a per-transaction limit or a per-membership limit. I know their first priority is selling the ground out, but there were people walking away with wads of 20 or 30 tickets. And they didn't even ask to see my membership card so I could have been any member of the Joe Public and still could have bought tickets today.

Dpw
9th September 2003, 06:58 PM
They don't have a limit here in the west its 16 per member and 8 per non-member and the state footy comissiom will be reviewing for less per person next year I can't believe theres no limit in NSW

plumber dan
9th September 2003, 07:05 PM
I bought my tickets at ticketek- MacQuarie shopping centre North Ryde, at 4pm. Only a couple of people in front of me, I was told that about 80% of the tickets are sold, which I thought was strange. Did'nt realise you could buy as many tickets as you liked.
As long as we get a good vocal sell out crowd I don't mind. It's been a few years since we last had a finals game up here, hoprfully from now on it will be a regular event. Let's build a dynasty here in Sydney.

Norris Lurker
9th September 2003, 08:05 PM
I had my ticket lined up last night (yes Gemma, I'm with you lot); but I went to Parra Leagues at lunchtime to get a couple of tickets for Leslie (I've got his membership card). The tix are a lot further back than we're used to. I was the only person in the line, but they must have sold quite a few this morning because the map of Stade de Oz was rather prominent.

Bron
9th September 2003, 08:19 PM
My husband was in the queue at Macquarie around 9.30am ... took 2 hours to get served. Only tickets in 119/120. Seems they were releasing blocks at a time as various people at various times have got good or bad seats, with no apparent rhyme nor reason. This needs to be fixed. Received an email from the swans giving an AFl email address to send complaints to. Seems like they've had HEAPS of complaints.

sfan
9th September 2003, 08:58 PM
According to the news 32000 tickets sold so far. General public on Thursday. Whole allocations/sections kept for the opposition.

Got 4 tickets section 108 row 27 at 9.05 am. Happy with that.

scurrilous
9th September 2003, 09:33 PM
6 tickets section 145.1 or something. First time at SA so does anyone know if these are good seats? They look ok from the map but that means jack

scurrilous
9th September 2003, 09:41 PM
Originally posted by Bron
Seems they were releasing blocks at a time as various people at various times have got good or bad seats, with no apparent rhyme nor reason. This needs to be fixed. No I think that that is bloody well fair. Most people need to work to make a crust, so why should they be disadvantaged for it. Why should someone who has the luxury to take the day off work get given better seats than the next guy who had to work?

phil casuarina
9th September 2003, 09:48 PM
got 4 tickets Isle 115 row 7 @ 4.30pm at ticketek Mingara Central Coast [we normaly sit Isle 114 row7]

A swans fan
9th September 2003, 09:50 PM
I had to get my tickets over the phone (had to be at work from 8.30am with no Ticketek or other agency within a cooee of where I work!!!!!!).

Continuous dialling on and off from 9am on my work phone and mobile, with continuous engaged dial tone encountered. (Grrrrrrrrrrr..........)

Finally got through at about 11am!

WAS WRAPT TO GET MY TICKETS!

WOO HOO!

:D

I'd say we swans fans are as tenacious and determined as the team we follow!
:cool:

Grant
9th September 2003, 10:22 PM
it is the northern end,like bay 119 etc where the cheer squad sits isn't it?

blinddog
9th September 2003, 10:35 PM
Lined up at 8am at Wynard station Tickettek, got my usual seats in section 121, was 5th (or 6th) in line. By the time they opened at 9am probably about 50 people waiting. Only one person in front of me got bulk tickets and he bought 12.

Angelic Upstart
9th September 2003, 10:35 PM
I booked tickets over the phone about 4.30 this afternoon and got aisle 403-1. But I read somewhere else this is supposed to be reserved for opposition supporters. Now I'm concerned: a) we really don't want to sit in the middle of a bunch of Crows/Lions supporters; and b) what if someone has stuffed up and they get double-booked. :(

swansrock4eva
9th September 2003, 10:56 PM
CS is 118, so everyone on RWO around us, WE NEED YOU - Wear your colours PROMINENTLY, cheer as LOUD As you can - give us a hand and get the people around you into it!! And above all, have fun! :p

Grant
9th September 2003, 11:08 PM
Cool,I'm sure you will hear me Gem:D

JF_Bay22_SCG
9th September 2003, 11:24 PM
Originally posted by Grant
Cool,I'm sure you will hear me Gem:D

If you are good, we'll even give you a flag to wave.

JF :p

jude_boltons_babe
9th September 2003, 11:50 PM
i cant wait ill be screaming so loud it wont be funny